Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

My roommate has a bunch of dry, fucked cigars to the point where it's futile to repair them. He said he'd toss them, but I said I'd take them off his hands. How do I go about reclaiming the tobacco? Can I crush it and roll cigarettes out of it? Or should I smoke it some other way?

Other urls found in this thread:

tv.com/shows/a-cooks-tour/watch/the-french-laundry-experience-824203/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

chop it up, rehydrate as best you can, mix in a little virginia or burley pipe tobacco and smoke from a pipe.

Good idea, but I don't have a pipe right now and there isn't a tobacconist close enough by that I'd go pick one up. You think it'd work as cigarettes? I could just get rolling papers from the corner store.

If it's that dry, it means the natural oils of the tobacco have already been gone. At this point it wouldn't even be a pleasant experience to smoke. Speaking from experience, you might as well toss them

I'd be smoking purely for the nicotine. I realize how degenerate that sounds. Please shoot me.

Then just smoke the dry cigars like the junky you are.

stick them in a humidor for a while. it should sort them out.

>Veeky Forums food and cooking

> tobacco

Off topic

I'm not a junky, I'm just cheap. I could buy cigarettes if I really wanted to, but I don't want all 20 of them or they'd take forever for me to finish. I'd rather just buy papers for like a dollar and get 5 cigarettes out of one cigar.

They're split, not even that would fix it. But thanks for the suggestion.

Have you never seen cigar threads on here? They're usually with things like liquor pairings.

>being a faggot

off topic

Shut the fuck up.

Just trash them man. There's nothing worse than stale tobacco.

Hey for clove cigarettes, do I need whole ones or can I use the ground ones from the spice bottle? I had whole ones but I have no fucking idea where they went.

I mean if you want to be that cheap sure you could chop that poor Oliva up and smoke it but it's going to be rather unpleasant. Besides that though there's nothing stopping you from using it for rolling tobacco.

Hmm... Also a good point. Thoigh desu I'd rather get the hang of rolling with salvaged cigar tobacco than perfectly good rolling grade stuff so I don't waste tobacco/papers

>tv.com/shows/a-cooks-tour/watch/the-french-laundry-experience-824203/
Millennials and Newfags leave now.
This is how you incorporate tobacco into your cooking.
You're a prick. drink bleach.

are there any fancy meals that include tobaco in some way? i dont smoke but i always wanted to find out whats so great about it

technically its cooking but then again you can cook drugs and i dont see anything like that posted here

No, you can't roll cigarettes with cigar tobacco. It's harsher to inhale because it isn't cured the same way.

see
>

This hasn't got a single thing to do with food, you idiot.

Why does this site had zero moderation?

Again, cigars and such have gone here as they can be considered part of "consumables" and they pair with certain liquors. I know it's kind of a technicality but you guys seem to be the best to ask.

OP here. This shit was fucking bone dry, so I added a bit of rum to restore moisture and flavour. I'll roll it tomorrow when it's semi-dry, until then feel free to discuss.

Same as with using spices with food: whole is best, ground right before use. Ethnic grocery stores or aisles in average grocery stores usually have much cheaper cloves and other spices. You can use pre-ground cloves, but they won't taste as good.

cigar smoke is different from cigarette smoke. Cigarettes produce an acidic compound which makes the nicotine easier to absorb in the lungs, whereas cigar smoke is alkaline and is easier to absorb in mucosa like your mouth. Never inhale cigar smoke all the way, just let it drift around in your face

Pipe tobacco is similar to cigars in this way so what I would do is chop it up and put it in a pipe, see if that works

Alright I'll try and find those damn whole ones and shred them in my coffee grinder

Smoked a bit of it. Tastes like shit and too harsh. Getting rolling tobacco.

After you grind them, clean all the ground clove residue out thoroughly. The oils slowly melt some plastics into a gum-like state over time. I guess it's the eugenol.

If you've never done this before, bonus points for going the extra mile and picking the round petal bulb things off before grinding the stems and rolling them up with the tobacco and ground cloves afterwards. This is where the kretek crackle comes from. If you've ever wondered kretek is an onomatopoetic word for the crackling noise when they burn. The Djarum brand logo is a phonograph needle because of the crackling noise they make on record grooves.

American spirit rolling tobacco is great for handmade cloves. Fuck the government.

Not to sound like a prick, but I knew the basics/history of the Kretek, and I'm pleased to hear that someone else knows it too!

Now, I've heard that adding spirits/vanilla extract to these things is supposedly really good. What do you say to that?

I've dorked around with vanilla, maple and whiskey, but I never really got it to taste substantially more interesting (better) than straight up clove. Your mileage may vary. The dressings they put on the Indonesian cloves has some seriously obscure extracts. Good luck with that if you're chasing nostalgia. Be prepared to become one with difficulties of rolling and smoking tobaccos when you start messing with humidity levels if you go this route.

First batch will most likely be straight tobacco just until I roll properly, then I'll add clove. I'll screw around with more extracts after I get it all down pat. Thank you very much for the advice!

>being this salty

Cigar tobacco tastes gross in rolled cigs man, even rehydrated, I used to do it all the time in highschool, me and my brothers used to dip it in alchoha (whisky, wine or rum)l, let it dry and then roll it with dried mint leaves for menthol.
We thought we were making the classiest bogies around butEven after all that work a fucking Newports taste better

>tobacco
>Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking
Since when did people eat tobacco again?