Shopping for a new pan

I have a nice copper pan but I'm looking for something that is overpriced, very heavy, has terrible thermal conductivity, is susceptible to rust, a pain in the ass to clean and maintain, adds metal to the food, and should be restricted to non-acidic foods.

Any ideas Veeky Forums? Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4284091/
amazon.com/T-fal-Signature-Nonstick-Thermo-Spot-Indicator/dp/B001167VIQ/ref=sr_1_2_m?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1462574013&sr=1-2&keywords=t-fal
amazon.com/Crockpot-SCV653-R-Manual-Cooker-Little/dp/B0096TXKA8?ie=UTF8&colid=2SCHU2AUO8SZQ&coliid=I1DIZZ9LQCH6T4&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too obvious.

You should delete this thread for being such weak bait.

You should go around to every restaurant in your village, OP, and let them all know that they've been fucking up by using carbon steel all these years.

You obviously know better.

I agree with this shitty, shitty post. You know what else I'd like? I'd love cook a steak and for it produce fuckton of smoke. It's really great in my outdoor kitchen that's right next to my barbecue.

I love cast iron but I still lol'd. Not bad, OP

ditto. lulz in the early morning, wait fuck its noon

OP didn't post cast iron, dum dum.

Have you considered collectible vintage cast iron? It has all the drawbacks of a $15 lodge piece of shit, but if your mom throws it in the dishwasher the stupid bitch cost you up a Lafroog QC or a few four-packs of KBS. You'll have to not tip your waitress for a month to make up the loss.

Cast iron and carbon steel isn't poisonous in any reasonable amounts. The chromium leaching from the inside of "copper" pan on the other hand ...

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4284091/

>reasonable cooking time
>simmering tomato sauce for 20 hours
lolwut

I'd like to see them try this with cast iron

>baiting cast iron
>posts carbon steel

Ya blew it, OP.

>>simmering tomato sauce for 20 hours
>Trials included three types of stainless steels and a stainless steel saucepan; cooking times of 2 to 20 hours
Wow. Way to cherrypick there, user. Not misrepresenting at all to pick the highest number of what is supposed to be an exhausitve _range_ and present it as if that was the sole test condition.
Fuck you.

Here's a picture showing everyone how retarded you are. KYS.

>we bought one pan
>an exhaustive range
very cool story

See And way to again cherrypick. But oh, not only that, but take out of context too. Obvious shitpost is obvious. You were dropped as a child, were you not?

>cherry pick
Did you just learn that term in school today, junior?

I don't let anything simmer for 20, but I let Bolognese ragu reduce for 6+ hours.

I love when faggots buy cast iron, can't cook with it or maintain it, then pretend it's the pan's fault.

It's a shitty carpenter who blames the hammer.

It's a shitty carpenter that tries to use a hammer as a saw, but then, the hammer fanbois said it could do that

>thinking any pan can do every job

So when did your cast iron pan rust?

Cast iron fanboi detected. Don't shoot the messenger.

>implying I don't have multiple pans of different material that I use depending on my needs

There's more to the world than chicken nuggets and grilled cheese.

>implying you aren't changing your argument now that you've been shown to be a fool

>thinking any pan can do every job
A lot of people talk about their shit like it can.

literally every cast iron autist says it can

Never have I seen anyone say that here
Ive only seen copper pan autists say that their copper pan automatically makes them a better chef than anyone who doesnt have one.
Everyone knows that you wouldnt use a cast iron for the really temp delicate shit, but so little of cooking actually needs that

>Never have I seen anyone say that here
While you cast iron shitlords will always be cancer, at least you're learning to change your story as you get called out on your retarded bullshit. I guess what you've learned from these threads is that hamburgers and steak are not the only foods that exist.

it's literally happening RIGHT NOW

He's going to say it was someone pretending to be a cast iron retard to make them look bad
>implying they need anyone else to make them look bad

So how is someone supposed to simmer acidic foods for a long time? Ceramics? If you did that in an iron/steel skillet your dish would end up tasting like a rusty spoon.

This.

and let's not forget the carbon steel shitposters who think they're somehow above their cast iron counterparts because carbon steel is less of a meme irl

Stainless with copper bottom. Pic related.

>reading comprehension

>copper plated
Lol

Heys guys, in a similar boat to OP.

I'm shopping for new knives and while I like Victorinox I was thinking of going with another brand this time. Does anybody know how Boker's kitchen knives are? If so what do they excel or suck at doing?

It's one of those companies that's more of a diversified brand than a manufacturer. Some of their shit is OK, some is bad. If you were looking at fibrox just look at mundial and Dexter, same shit.

Damn, you got BTFO. I would probably stop posting here altogether if I were you.

>hamburgers and steak are not the only foods that exist.
Obviously, but you still have no need for a copper pan in almost all situations
The thread was asking for something to cook eggs, meat, and hashbrowns, p sure cast iron is great for all those
>Its a meme!
lol ok
I refuse to think youre all not the same poster

Just stop

#rekt

nah cunt

Why are you so mad? Just accept that you're wrong, and that there are dozens of people on this board who think cast iron is the answer to any culinary problem.

>implying im mad
Nah just bored
Im not saying cast iron is the end all be all of cooking, just that copper isnt either and that you dont need a copper pan to cook well

I bought amazon.com/T-fal-Signature-Nonstick-Thermo-Spot-Indicator/dp/B001167VIQ/ref=sr_1_2_m?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1462574013&sr=1-2&keywords=t-fal ( pic related ) and have to say I'm very impressed. I can already tell it will last a lot longer than my non-stick WearEver pans did. Cooking with them is also much simpler but I'm not using the plastic crap that came with it and am instead using bamboo utensils. Overall I'd give a 4/5 or 5/5 to the product which only took about $60.00 from my pocket.

Next on my list is amazon.com/Crockpot-SCV653-R-Manual-Cooker-Little/dp/B0096TXKA8?ie=UTF8&colid=2SCHU2AUO8SZQ&coliid=I1DIZZ9LQCH6T4&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

Btw I am not OP; was just recommending to OP. Pic related to what I want next.

Jesus christ this thread is abysmal. I've browsed Veeky Forums for 3+ years now, and this is the worst thread i've ever had the displeasure of coming across.

There is no doubt every person above this post could be permabanned from Veeky Forums and we would see a 90% reduction in shitposting, meme threads, fast food threads, and all the cancer bullshit that plagues this fucking board.

Mods, do something about this, seriously.

>complains about shitposting
>with a shitpost

wtf?!? just get some stainless steel pans and forget about replacing them

>I've browsed Veeky Forums for 3+ years now
>Mods, do something about this

Guess how I know you are a newfag? You want to control Veeky Forums so that it doesn't offend or displease you.

I'm guessing you don't remember the pre-captcha days?