Order 2 pounds of cheese without realizing just how much it was

>order 2 pounds of cheese without realizing just how much it was
>the deli guy gives me 2 bags of like 100 slices
>hide both bags in the toy section and leave to buy cheese from the grocery store across the street

Was I in the wrong? I didn't want to spend $20 on cheddar.

No, it's perfectly okay to leave pounds of perishable food somewhere because you don't know how much cheese weighs.

It is actually okay. People get bored working in stores. They are delighted to find items misplaced because it gives them chance to go on a little adventure.

You could have said no thanks and they can sell it in the bag to make up for profit loss. If it was ma pa shop feel bad. Big chain? Fuck em

Yes, yes you were in the goddamn wrong.
You just wasted perfectly good cheese that some store worker is going to have to throw out, or maybe even log or something as food waste.

>I didn't want to spend $20 on cheddar.

too much cheddar for the cheddar?

>Was I in the wrong?
yes.

let's think this through, user. there is now 2 pounds of cheese in the toy section. should this cheese be in the toy section? no. was it put in the toy section by somebody? yes. was this a correct act? no. now let us consider mitigation. did you know the cheese shouldn't be in the toy section? yes. were you pressured to leave the cheese there? no. was there a trivial alternative to leaving the cheese there? yes.

so in fact you are guilty to the fullest extent of putting the cheese in the toy section for no good reason. who else could possibly be in the wrong in this scenario?

made me kek

and yeah, you're a fucking retard but at least you learned your lesson

you could have just told him you made a mistake and you want less

then they could just keep it for the next customer

how autistic are you?

will some fat kid find what he thinks is a treasure trove of cheese? yes

>things that never happened

Even if you didn't know how much cheese would be in 2 pounds of cheese you would have known exactly how much it would cost when you asked for 2 fucking pounds and it's priced by the pound.

This one time my buddy and I had been daydrinking and walked to the closest HEB to buy some more beer, despite being pretty trashed. As we were headed to checkout this fat lady stopped in the middle of of the aisle, picked up a whole chicken, looked at it and placed it on the shelf. My buddy proceeded to pick it up, stall her to checkout and then loudly exclaim "ma'am, you accidently left your chicken on the shelf!". He handed it to the cashier and the woman reluctantly paid for it.

God I miss my drunk years.

your mistake is "cheddar" to my ears OP

>unattended child see cheese in toy dept. and starts eating it
>mom finds kid and freaks out how it could be roof pedophile cheese and sues store
way to go OP, you should be locked up for you malfeasance.

You're right user, the pressure of getting caught was too much.

Now tell me what I can do with 2 pounds of cheddar that doesn't involve putting it in a sandwich or putting a couple slices in ramen.

I forgot a carton of milk on a shelf in the condiments aside once by accident.
I felt so guilted about it once I remembered I went back to the store and offered to buy for the ruined milk and the cashier just laughed and said don't worry about it.
I guess it's the thought that counts..

How the fuck did he learn his lesson?

Alton Brown senpai uses about 1.5lbs of cheese in his mac and cheese

Mac and cheese.

Cheeseburgers

he also lights up his grill to make fucking cheese sandwiches

>ma and pa shop
>deli guy and toy section

>deli
>cheese slices
Is this an american thing?
Kraft singles deluxe from the deli?

>someone slicing your cheese for you makes it taste worse

yes, we have sliced cheese in grocery stores

The deli in the grocery store, where they slice large things of meat and cheese into however many slices you want in whatever thickness you want.

Most grocery stores also have a quality cheese section and a processed/shredded cheese section.

>hide both bags in the toy section
This is so fucking stupid I wish I could stop laughing.

This thread is bullshit. That's clearly 1.99lbs of cheese.

Is Yurop really so backwards that they don't even have deli slicers in their supermarkets?

Amazing.

I believe it too because I've seen misc. deli shit hidden in random shelves before. I can only imagine the Mission Impossible bullshit they felt they had to pull to leave it there.

Are you one of those fat fucks who leaves pistachio shells all over the store?

he obviously feels guilty about it or he wouldn't have made the thread

and learned how much 2 lbs of cheese is

What the fuck. If you think 1 kg of cheese is a lot, you obviously don't like cheese. I get through that much in a month.

Also
>slicing 1 kilo of cheddar into 20 slices
Yeah, that's not possible. What you were buying wasn't cheddar, it was probably American cheese masquerading is cheddar, and Americans are too stupid to tell the difference.

My bad, turns out it was 100 slices. That's even more impossible.

Slicing cheese when you buy it is counterproductive since the cheese goes bad faster.

The typical thing in Europe is to buy the cheese in blocks or wedges, then use a cheese slicer at home to makes slices as you need it. It keeps the cheese fresher and tastier.

>it makes more sense to buy a machine and do it at your house
>having a guy do it for you for free is so counterproductive
>a guy that lets you buy the exact amount you want so that it wont go bad

yeah fuck you faggot i dont need a 4 pound wheel of cheese on my counter

Let me guess: you see nothing wrong with this picture

>Mommy! mommy! Look!

>1kg of rotting cheese

no we don't, and they even make us bag our own groceries too. we are expected to cut the cheese at home

i was actually really, really surprised when i went to my first american grocerys store and found they had literally dozens upon dozens of different kinds of meats and cheeses in the deli alone that were all sliced to order, not to mention the rest of the pre-packaged stuff. america truly is the land of freedom

are you that fucking stupid that you don't know that there's a big difference between pounds and kilograms? and that OP was exaggerating a bit when he said 100 slices?

why are yuropoors always so fucking stupid?

uhm user, 1kg is roughly 2.2 lbs...

regardless, OP was exaggerating about amount of slices and we americans arent stupid

in germany i lived right down the block from a pretty good french deli. I would just wander over there whenever I wanted fresh sliced cheese

you must live in one of the shitier yurop countries

What's wrong with sliced cheese?

I honestly don't understand why Yurop gets so assblasted about sliced cheese.

Yep, I was right.

Hint: I wasn't talking about it being sliced. You think that's what normal cheese looks like, hence you have never eaten unprocessed cheese in your life. Opinion disregarded.

sounds comfy af

That's true, though. The higher surface area will make it taste worse, faster.

>slicing cheese
What will America slice next, welfare? We need to put a stop to this madness

what? do you think some kid is going to be surprised that there is cheese in a grocery store?

lol i wish someone did this to OP

it really was
fresh baguettes
nice whole blocks of a variety of goat cheese and Gouda in addition to the meat

The dude even made his own tapenade and would give it out every time

fuck. here I am back in cow country in CA

Seconding this, he's probably a britbong. The deli section in UK supermarkets is shit and that goes for the posher supermarkets too.

anons if you think OP was bad, I work in a grocery store and we had some arab fuck order an $80 prime rib who then dumped it in the frozen section. I found it the next morning and began shedding tears

THATS A LOT OF CHEESE!!

>buy a machine
I think you're overestimating what's required. Pic related is a cheese slicer.

inb4 >unitasker, I've used a vegetable peeler before and does fine

do stores let you take throw away food home?

i used to work in walmart and we had people returning stuff like frozen pizzas all the time and i was sad that they'd just throw it out instead of giving it to their employees.

Yeah I work in a grocery home delivery warehouse and wonder that about damaged shit all the time. One day someone dropped a massive watermlon that split open down the side. Shit was completely fine apart from that but it just got thrown away.
And then there's the alcohol that gets shattered.

im pretty sure they cant for legal reasons

>legal reasons
Everything shit in my life is because of legal reasons.

You should have just stolen it

Yes, you stole the cheese because you put it in a place it will go bad and you didn't pay for it. They have video footage of you and may report you to the cops.

do you actually want someones used walmart pizza that's been thawed and refrozen so many times?

The problem is fair treatment.

If you like Bob take this frozen pizza, Sharon doesn't get one, even though she wanted it too.

From a manager standpoint, this can become very dangerous, very quickly.

I've gotten through 500g of cheese by myself in a week, I'm not even obese

I fucking hate Supermarket deli and fish counters. I always feel too nervous to order from them

>At the supermarket recently
>Want to buy some fresh fish
>Go to the fish counter
>Guy asks me what I want
>Feel really nervous for some reason
>Reach out, arm trembling and point to the salmon
>he says 'do you want salmon?'
>panic again, don't want to be judged for fish choice
>'NO I AM NOT A BEAR'
>walk off
>walk around the supermarket for about 20 minutes
>find some chocolate shaped bears in the chocolate aisle
>take them back to the fish counter
>slowly reach in and put the chocolate bears onto the salmon
>'t-t-his bear wants salmon'
>everyone looking at me
>walk off, face red.

hate it

It's because if they can prove it's broken they either get refunds if it's from big companies, or somethings can be claimed back on insurance.

Though this seems a little unlikely with meat from the butcher's section, it's to discourage employees breaking/"spoiling" shit so they can just take it home

Grocery slut here, there's some truth to that. I'm delighted when I find things like chips or cookies or canned goods in my dept because it gives me an excuse to leave and walk around awhile to explore. If it's something perishable like milk and cheese I get upset if its gotten too warm. If it's meat I will go into a full blown rage. If you put your bloody meat on top of my produce and I see you do it, that's the day in getting fired.

If this actually happened, 9/10. You must have made Fishman's day.

>tfw want to be fully delitized but my mom wont let me

YOU FUCKING JEW

I WORKED IN THE DELI BEFORE. Not anymore. You should always ask before you buy.

>worked at a grocery store
>facing the aisles at night
>bottom shelf underneath the hooked bags of candy
>feels something soft and fuzzy, pull it out
>ground beef packed 3 months prior

one of my more memorable moments working there

>do you think some kid is going to be surprised
considering there's a toy section it was probably some department store like walmart or target, so yeah probably

Sucks to be you. I'm fully delitized and loving it.

You could have left it in a fucking cooler or just said you changed your mind, and they could sell it to anyone. Leaving dairy or anything else perishable hidden in the fucking store is just vile.

I don't believe you

i ended up buying it lol.

it was a grocery store with one of those really shitty toy aisles shared with school supplies.

If you've got more cheddar than you can use before it goes bad, you can freeze some of it and use it for cooking. The quality does degrade, but it will be fine for cooking with.

You can buy sliced prepackaged cheese in any super market. Bigger ones usually have a cheese department, where they sell them still with skin and cut off wedges or whatever you need.

If I had to guess, sliced cheese will likely dry out faster than non sliced.

wow this thread was posted to reddit's Veeky Forums sub and it has 400+ comments.

Fuck off reddit

lol le anti reddit meme

>lets you buy the exact amount you want so that it wont go bad

We already entailed from OP that the average Americuck doesn't have a clue what to buy

You can buy it by the ounce without slicing it you mong.

>Americuck

wow I don't think I'm ever coming back to Veeky Forums in the morning again

>americuck this
>americuck that

jesus you europeans are insecure.

UK pretty much wants to be America, it's diabolical. We have even let Asda (read: UK Walmart) become the main source of sustenance.

> reddit's Veeky Forums sub
I would have preferred not to be a aware of such a thing.

We actually do in the Netherlands.

>cheese
>100 slices

you didnt buy cheese. You bought some chemical shyte stuff

No, it does not.
Maybe you do the rest of us dont. Theyre obsessed with black mens dicks & their mrs's getting shagged by other blokes.
Random

We have Deli counters yes, generally the cheese slices are kept well away from the "real cheeses". Its mostly sold to lower class families who put it on their kids sandwiches for school.

t. neet that spends his days screenshotting threads for reddit

In what possible scenario does being able to slice 100 slices of cheese somehow automatically make that cheese overly processed garbage?

No, I'm sure they're the type that leave chicken bones (from an entire BBQ chicken) around the store.

There's also "American cheese" which is just government brand Kraft cheese.

Because America doesnt do proper cheese. Its a well known fact.
You also suffer making decent bread & chcocolate too

>Order 2 lbs Cheese
>Get slices
Only in America