Annoying relatives thread?

Annoying relatives thread?

>aunt develops lactose intolerance at age 60 somehow despite living 40 years on a dairy farm
>won't eat anything with any amount of butter despite it having like 0 lactose
>will send back pasta dishes if cook had the audacity to finish it with few slivers of parmesan
>won't eat nuts because she has diverticulitis (she doesn't) and they inflame her bowel (wft how do you know?)
>any rumor of spiciness "gives her migranes"
>MSG makes her joints hurt, won't eat any asian food
>on the advice of her dumbfuck doctor she is now gluten-free for health purposes (seriously fuck you doc)
>grills waiters for every single ingredient on half the menu
>absolutely no alcohol in dishes even when it getting cooked out
>balsamic vinegar makes her "gassy"

I swear to god she does this shit just for the attention. All she eats is fruits, vegetables, and protein so she's probably healthier than me but I can't eat at a restaurant with this woman without wanting to blow my brains out

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/calcium-and-milk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is entirely possible to develop food intolerances later in life, user. You should go to school more.

It's really the gluten that gives her away.My sister will say she doesn't like certain foods if a person she doesn't like cooks it and offers her some.

it is extremely unlikely to become lactose intolerant after age 25 or so

Inform her that cured cheese like parmesan does not contain lactose. It's broken down during the curing process.

>mom makes lasagna one night
>we all sit down at the dinner table
>lasagna was oversalted and under sauced
>meat rubbery
>dad says he left something in the car
>walks out of the kitchen
>haven't seen him in 20 years

What a jerk

Not sure if this is funny or sad but if it's true, it's pretty funy

>sister goes vegetarian her freshmen year of college
>makes a big deal about it being a moral decision
>goes back to eating meat by the end of the year

Roughly 75% of the world's population is lactose intolerant

Go vegan and see how little you shit and fart and how fast your skin clears up

Stop eating with your aunt?

>vegans pretending they know anything

You are a dumbass. Nobody (~99.99%) is lactose intolerant as a baby, what the fuck do you think is in breastmilk? It would be evolutionary suicide which is why it's considered a genetic disorder if you can't have milk as an infant. You would die if not for modern medicine

Most people lose the ability to digest it because they stop producing the enzyme that breaks it down after a while, ya know, when they don't need milk to survive because they have grown teeth. White people are the genetic freaks that can still process it

I have, it don't matter
>Sorry auntie, you can't come to Jeffrey's birthday dinner because user doesn't like how many dietary issues you have
If your social skills are this bad you should be posting on /r9k/

My aunt is one of those gluten free fags but she will drink heineken because she says that the wheat in europe is non gmo so the gluten doesn't bother her

I serve what I serve. If someone has dietary issues then they should accommodate themselves.

I'm sure someone in my family has a hang up about one thing or other but nobody pipes up about it. Ribs, potato salad, slaw, bread and beer. Who wouldn't enjoy that? And if they didn't then they ought to have fed themselves or stayed home.

Not true user. We aren't meant to drink milk from another species.

My family

>cook steaks med rare
>family complains they aren't cooked well enough
>always request their steaks well done
>look at my steaks and wonder how I can eat it that "raw"

At least the illness passed without leaving any permanent damage.

She eats pure protein? That's the only retarded thing there. She's getting old. Not quite old yet, but old enough that it's not improbable for her digestion to be fucked.

Actually I talked to my aunt about why she is gluten free and GMO definitely came up

You try to reason with them but it is no use. People who don't science are retarded about this shit

why not?

nobody said "pure"

shit like chicken breasts and pork tenderloin

We aren't meant to drink alcohol or ride bicycles, either.

huh, youre just flat out stating lies now.
most people will eventually develop lactose intolerance as they age due to changes in intestinal flora i believe it was

That's called meat.

Because adults shouldn't drink milk - from humans or cows. It's for nourishment during infancy only.

time for you to provide a source

>meat
exactly, protein

you ever go to a thai restaurant and they ask you what kind of protein you want in your pad thai? beef, chicken, shrimp, tofu? don't be obtuse, it's protein

says who? you eat the seeds of the wheat plant no? they need those to reproduce you monster!

dipshit

I have a brother like that. He claims he's allergic to steak yet he will eat ground beef just fine. He also claims to allergic to about 40 other foods.

Reasoning is absolutely impossible with people like this.

Not even a vegan user. Drinking milk as an adult is akin to sucking on a pacifer your entire life

>we aren't meant to do thing i don't like
stop this

>Drinking milk as an adult
means you evolved to acquire foodstuffs from an animal which doesn't necessitate its slaughter

>babies drink milk so all milk is for babies XD
>This argument is generally invoked to justify a pre-conceived opinion that milk is unhealthy. But on deeper reflection, one must ask: Do we really look to our fellow mammals as the final word in what's appropriate and healthy for us humans to eat? Dogs – our fellow mammals – eat their own poop, after all. And no mammals other than humans cook their food; are we to presume, then, that cooked food must be unhealthy?

>milk is for man children
>have you tried this new artisanal cheese?

No, I've never been to a Thai restaurant as infantile as that.

I love my grandma to death but she takes so damn long to order. We'll go to subway and she'll have to ask a whole bunch of questions about it and then decide if she wants it. I really don't like getting food with her because of how long it takes for her to order. But I do it because I love her and she usually pays

Why are old people so picky when they had to make fucking do with what they had when they were younger?

that's old people in general. their brains work slower and they dont have anywhere to be, so they take their time to get it right

one of the reasons grandmothers cook so good

But my grandpas pretty good about it and he's even older. He takes longer than I do but it's not that bad. But I agree they both take their time with everything

well you can't properly call it meat if tofu is on the menu ya dingus

The idea that old people's brains work slower is a myth. They simply have more information to process than younger people, so they take longer to make decisions.

sure buddy

This is, in fact, one of the best arguments against veganism ever.

We eat wheat or barley or oats...those are parts of seeds.

We eat apples, pears, plums, mangos...those are "meant" to provide for the seed of some plant.

We eat an animal's flesh...that is meant to be it's body, move it about the world the eat other things.

We eat what is appetizing. There is no meaning to eating other than it nourishes and we enjoy it. Enjoyment includes both the flavor, smell and texture of the food as well as the social context of eating.

We eat dairy because we can, because we enjoy its flavor and the effort put into its production and the people we eat it with. It is not meant to be eaten or meant not to be eaten.

Stop with the naturalistic fallacy, fucking idiots.

Listen dummy, the reason why fruit exists is so animals will eat it and shit out the seeds elsewhere to further the distribution of the plant. It's not starter material for a new tree, it is a bribe for our efforts

Fruit literally exists to be eaten

Providing for a seed includes bribing some animal to consume and carry the seed to a new location.

You should eat this fruit

Have fun being a fruititarian. It's literally a full-time job because they have to eat such massive quantities to function and then shit it all our pretty much hourly.

yeah, that's what I said. are you fucking illiterate?

who said anyone was a fruititarian you cocksucker

Don't shoot your mouth off before you have even begun to understand the point of view you're contesting. To be at all relevant you're going to have to demonstrate that plants have a nervous system and an awareness of their own stress.

Nice comeback turd burglar.

My brain already works much more slowly than it did ten years ago, and I've added barely any information to it in that time. Spent most of the time shitposting on the internet.

most taco places do the same. you pick the protein and they do the rest

Oh fuck man you're so fucking manly!

>Were the only animal who drink milk from another animal!

We also are the only animals to fly in airplanes and watch movies, don't worry user I know you're s good guy

So she lives off water?

Although I hate vegans and their self righteous personally I do have to let you know that not all milk effects lactose intolerant people because of the size of the fat cells for instance goat milk that is the most like human milk is safe

Gluten intolerance isn't even a thing just a meme

Let's summarise milk products from both the aesthetic and the ethical viewpoints so that we can move on.

Ethics
>world lacks any moral authority
>world becomes a choice between your own death to prevent harm to anything else, or pursuing your own thriving at any expense
>food hereby becomes nutrition and aesthetic/social
>on a nutritional basis, dairy is not essential by any means, a treat
>hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/calcium-and-milk/

Aesthetics
>Haute cuisine (French: literally "high cooking", pronounced: [ot kɥi.zin]) or Grande cuisine refers to the cuisine of "high level" establishments, gourmet restaurants and luxury hotels.[citation needed] Haute cuisine is characterized by meticulous preparation and careful presentation of food, at a high price level, accompanied by expensive wines
>Haute cuisine was characterized by French cuisine in elaborate preparations and presentations served in small and numerous courses that were produced by large and hierarchical staffs at the grand restaurants and hotels of Europe.
>In the 17th century, chefs François Pierre La Varenne and Marie-Antoine Carême spearheaded movements that shifted French cooking away from its foreign influences and developed France's own indigenous style. >Cheese and wine are a major part of the cuisine

tl;dr dairy is a rare culinary luxury, like good wine. Both the vegan moralists and the dairy-everyday sloths are degenerate. In the same way both puritans and binge-drinkers are degenerate.

Nice use of the comma turd, burglar.

>Family dinner
>I hate all these people
>We're eating out
>My cousin is 16
>the man is 16 for crying out loud
>Cuts everything with his fork, doesn't even touch his knife, keeps the fork in his right hand
>Spills shit everywhere
>This fucking idiot is an adult in my books and he threw a tantrum because he got asked if he was gonna eat his salad
>Shouts at my aunt, who's an STI ridden slut
>Sigh, tell him to shut the fuck up and eat his salad
>He does, reluctantly, throwing another tantrum later because he wanted more ice cream while we were leaving.
How can you be sixteen fucking years old and act like this? Am I expecting too much of sixteen year olds, that's the sort of behaviour I expect from people who are 5. Are you not an adult when you hit sixteen nowadays?
I wanted to kick him in his teeth.

A few years ago we had a family reunion for Christmas/New Years
I was around 17 then and there were other kids around my age.
We decided to go to a sushi bar and this one snot nosed 12 year old really wanted to go out with the big kids
We told him we just wanted us older kids to go but he cried to his mommy and we had to bring him
The little shit started crying because we were all eating and he didn't want to eat sushi

She' s 60 AND she' s your aunt. Show some respect, you fucknut.

Is your cousin autistic, user?

Just get what food you like. why to you have to be a tyrant and dictate what other people eat? So what if she's a dippy old woman she'll be dead soon

>people can't be attention whores if they are old and related to me

Typically families will cook and eat dinner together and if people a strict diet that means you essentially have to cook multiple meals

Like for me, my family has a wide variety of tastes. One only eats flyover food, the other won't eat meat unless it's fish and can't stand potatoes, another doesn't eat red meat, etc. It's not a big problem with something like a cookout because you can get a variety of stuff to cook and pretty easily satisfy everyone, but holiday meals like Thanksgiving are a nightmare for whoever is hosting. It gets old fast. I think my parents deliberately retired to a small house so they would never have to cook for these autists again

>flyover food
What's that?

Non GMO wheat.. In the US??

Never heard of GMO wheat here and I manage a grain elevator...

made up slop from the 70's like ham salad and tater tot casserole. No one eats it anymore.

What is gained by giving it any category at all?

For past 7 years, my in-laws order a well done steak every time. Send it back because it is too dry/burnt. Then dip the replacement in Ketchup, A1, and Heinz 57.

After the last occurrence 2 years ago, I told them they are not allowed to dine with me in public as they did the above mentioned at a place which was $150/plate before drinks for which I paid

yeah but they call it meat you fucking assburger

>won't eat nuts because she has diverticulitis (she doesn't) and they inflame her bowel (wft how do you know?)
Some people have trouble digesting nuts, if I eat almonds or a lot of popcorn I poop them out like a bear.
My grandmother didn't know she had diverticulitis until she was hospitalized with severe intestinal pain, and the same thing happened to an older co-worker that seemed completely fine and in the end hers was so bad that part of her colon had to be removed.