Well Veeky Forums?

Well Veeky Forums?

I agree his rant is... melodramatic. It's not that white people can't enjoy asian food. It's not that they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy asian food. It's that the same people who hated asian food because it was cool to do so are jumping on the asian-food bandwagon because their friends are doing it.

Let me tell you this: If you're asian, Indian, African, or anything non-white growing up in an American or Canadian highschool then chances are you WERE made fun of at least once if not twice or continually during lunch time. It's actually a fucking fact. Ask any one of your non-white friends and they'll tell you the same goddamn thing.

I personally remember asking my parents to pack me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches--even if they were inferior to my sushi rolls or lemon basmati rice or stir-fried rice cakes with cabbage, because I knew these dishes made American children uncomfortable and I didn't want to picked on.

Is it wrong for me to feel jaded now that white Americans are professing to adore the food from the same cultures that they once derided?

Did you ever bully an asian kid because of his different lunch choices? Did you ever say, "What's that disgusting smell?" as you munched blissfully on your ham and cheese sandwich?

I remember bringing Vietnamese food to school in the 90s. Was bullied a lot for it. I also remember describing pho to my 5th grade class. All I got was a bunch of "ewwwwww"s.

Now I'm not mad about it at all. I just think it's funny and kind of delightful that the same people who bullied me about my lunch now adore Vietnamese food.

>all white people are the same

check and mate OP

just move away from your own reverse-racism and someday we'll all be happy together.

I was a whitey homeschooler, and went to community college for most of high school.

My fondest memories of Richland are walking with the group of Vietnamese exchange students who were most of the art club to Bistro B for lunch. We would get cheap, filling, delicious food on our poverty budgets and spit tapioca balls at eachother on our way back to calc. My record accurate distance was 45 feet.

It was one of the last uncomplicatedly happy memories I have.

That's a sweet memory, user.

Except
- I'm half everything and I wasn't, ever
- This guy sounds like a beta faggot, probably posts on /r/asianmasculinity, has no asian accent but claims his parents' culture as his own (only since he was 14 or 15)
- The people who make fun of asian food are not the same people eating the asian food
- You were a pussy for changing your lifestyle because someone else said something mean

It's kind of like saying "Japs did Pearl Harbor, so why do Metal Gear and Westaboos exist"?

PS:
- Now that I know you're a sensitive pussy and will do whatever other people tell you to, to fuck off and eat your ham and cheese somewhere else

>The people who make fun of asian food are not the same people eating the asian food

chances are you're right. But foreign kids still had to grow up in a culture that was quite hostile to their cuisine and then witness the same culture gradually and invisibly shift to adopt their own cuisine, without any explanation.

We're not asking for a "we're sorry" card from every single white person, but at the same time I feel like these kind of messages are mandatory because it's easy to ignore the effects on individuals when paradigms shift.

>You were a pussy for changing your lifestyle because someone else said something mean

I think I get a free pass for being a 'pussy' when I was 8 years old, baka.

>It does'nt matter because *I* had an issue

>We're not

Who's 'we'?

Who are you speaking for? Can you collectively get the fuck off this board?

I'm a Puerto Rican and nobody ever gave a fuck about my "ethnic food." Do you know what the Puerto Ricans did about that? Fucking nothing. We didn't bitch because non-Caribbean/Latin American people didn't eat our food or cater to us. We just kept making our own fucking food.

And you know what? American food is pretty damn good too. Just shut the fuck up. How many people in the world don't get to eat, and you're complaining because your food was different. That's the definition of First World problems.

And what makes it even more hilarious is that SEA food is immensely popular amongst white Americans these days. You're living in a fucking golden age, you emotionally-stunted ingrate.

>who are you speaking for

People like me.

>can you collectively get the fuck off this board?

Do I make you uncomfortable?

you were made fun of because you ate the neighbors dog and your sister was sold to the yakuza in a famine year. i heard they taught her some amazing tricks though

I've had it with all the insecure brownies shitting all over this board with their /pol/ shit. Guess what, I cook it, I eat it, it's MY food now. Fuck off.

It's pretty naive to think that your culture, whatever it may be, will instantly be accepted by members of the predominant culture wherever you are. It's only natural that after a decade or two some elements of the minority culture would be integrated or accepted.

I'm white and white people made fun of my lunch. White people make fun of everybody. Don't take it personally.

To be fair, you need to stop eating banana and mayo sandwiches, Jeremy.

Jeremy's my slave name

I kind of get it. It must be embarrassing to have most of your class laugh at your lunch/you, and then turn around and make it meme fashion a decade or two later.

Also, curry sweats are literally a thing, which doesn't help with racist insults. You just start to smell like masala and tumeric, but in a bad way.
Granted, white people smell like stale milk and have meat sweats.

We all smell bad.

Actually, you would smell much better if you gave up milk and red meat.
Your skin would clear up too.

I mostly eat veg and rice, really. It is not a very American diet. As a result, I empathize with Asians re: white people smell.

>Is it wrong for me to feel jaded now that white Americans are professing to adore the food from the same cultures that they once derided?

Yes. Everyone is an asshole to everyone about everything. You're just as racist and shitheaded to other people as other people -whites included- are to you. This is America, the Melting Pot. You don't get to lay sole claim to certain aspects of your culture as long as you are here -they are going to be shared even if you don't like it. That includes your food.

>Did you ever bully an asian kid because of his different lunch choices? Did you ever say, "What's that disgusting smell?" as you munched blissfully on your ham and cheese sandwich?

No. I bullied the asian kids while I munched blissfully on the hot lunch provided by the school. Meanwhile, the asian kids were bullying the black kids while munching blissfully on their rice and eel heads. I think the black kids were making fun of the mexican kids while munching blissfully on their pork rinds and watermelon slices.

I don't know who the mexican kids bullied because I wasn't connected to anyone that far down the pecking order. Probably that really smart Hindi girl that got bumped up several grades. They no doubt munched blissfully on menudo while they did it, though.

>chicarones
fucking chicanos i swear.

>they don't understand food like we do

I love lines like this. It's the kind of thing that can only be said when you've internalized the view of your own culture as abnormal. White people are just another culture of people who act and think just like every other culture.

Maybe if you ate Western food you would have some casein protein for testosterone production instead of soy for estrogen.

Then maybe you wouldn't whine so much.

This is America. Adopt American customs or expect social sanction.

America does not exist to coddle your fee fees.

food is the left over smell on someones hands?
>being this filthy

regarding the notion of dirty
picture one
>having and open drink glass while food is being prepared.
picture two
>just some guy eating
Picture three
>food vendor touching mouth with hands that will obviously touch food

my bet is whoever posted this trash doesn't actually know shit about proper food handling

>Im a little bitch because white kids in 3rd grade made fun of my obviously disgusting to 3rd grader food when I was a kid so they are all racists and cant enjoy this food now even though they grew up and realized its actually good so i bang my feet saying they are racists and bandwagon foodies the thread

>They've never had deep, troubling racist stereotypes formed because of their food.

Someone's never been to Veeky Forums

what a load of bullshit

Not to mention, not two sentences before calls what white people eat Food® as though it's lesser or something, which seems pretty racist.

As far as I am concerned all Puerto Ricans are our brothers even if isn't what is written down yet.

What consists of of Puerto Rican cooking? Is it more seafood and fruit based than Mexico?

What be your real name bradda

I was never made fun of but I was self-conscious about the food my mom prepared. Big italian loafs with garlicky polish sausage, or like pate sandwiches. One year I swapped my lunches with this chinese kid who brought pizza pockets everyday. The only time I made fun of someone else was a friend who brought seaweed snack strips.

Kids are scrubs when it comes to food. Adults too. Today I work in an office with whites, blacks, latinos, pakis, and they're all picky babies. I do find indians to be the ultimate food snobs with a stupid obsession with heat.

>Is it wrong for me to feel jaded now that white Americans are professing to adore the food from the same cultures that they once derided?

Yes, because they were immature children when they made fun of you, now you're all adults and you should really leave your bitterness behind, it's kinda pathetic.

First foul:
>blaming all of america for the misdeeds of children

Second foul:
>blaming all of us for the issues of a few people.

Third foul:
>implying I don't love food from all around the world

Fourth foul:
>bringing your /pol/ bait over here

Take your base user.

LOL @ all the angry paleskins here
what's up, crackas? mad that your """"""""food"""""""" consists entirely of boiled chicken breast, mayonnaise, and white bread? peeved that you can't eat anything spicier than an apple? annoyed that you're laughingstock of REAL food culture?

Become a Nazi if you don't like the effects of cultural mixing.

Funny you mention that. Today I had some pan seared italian sausage, a makeshift strawberry parfait, some seasoned fish, and a little korean barbeque. Doctor says I need to lose weight, so she'll be pretty pissed at me for this.

I love the good ole
>culture belongs to this group of brown people only
meme

Best thing ever invented by white people

C-Chicken salad is good

Holy fucking shit, white kids did it to white kids, too. My mom used to put red bell pepper in my lunch. Raw red bell pepper. And I got pointed and laughed at for it. This was in the early, early 00's. It happens.

Kids are shitty, horrible people. Get over it. If, as an adult, you're going to fucking guilt people over what they did when they were stupid children who didn't know anything outside of what their parents taught them, then you have yet to grow up.

Have this guy seen chinese tourists?

>I think I get a free pass for being a 'pussy' when I was 8 years old, baka.

Then you should give the other kids a pass for their "insensitivity,' they were children as well after all.

Kids are dicks, everyone I remember knowing was a dick on some level, I was a dick. But you grow out of it. Get over it.

Kek, we bullied the gook kids because they're whiny faggots with huge inferiority complexes, not just because their food smells like curried dogshit

I got laughed at for having fruit and nuts in my chicken salad. I also got laughed at because instead of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich. All kids are shitty to each other.

I would watch Korean kids make fun of Vietnamese kid's food, who where making fun of the chinese kid's food. And they all laughed at the Indian kid's food. Indian curry fills up a room with its smell.

I think it is funny that this guy is complaining about whites taking other people's food and making it more white but you know he has no problem with pic related. Guy is just a racist, enjoying being racist and not getting called out about it.

Here's what I'm imagining happened to that guy.

>Brings raw fish in lunch.
>White kids' parents tell children not to have raw fish because it can make them sick... Most parents will just say 'yucky' because it sticks better with younger children.
>White kids call guy's food yucky.
>20 years later this guy remembers this and figures out a way to incorporate it into socially acceptable racism.

>getting bullied over your food
i never experienced this because literally everyone at the same identical school lunch

Can this be a thread about kids being dicks?

When I was in second grade, we had a short day because it was the last day of school. This meant no lunch. I remember one kid brought in a bagged lunch for some reason. Well, some kids teased about it and then stole his lunch and tore it apart and then started throwing it on the roof. I remember taking a bag of his cheetos and threw it as far as I could on the roof. The kid cried pretty badly. I still feel really bad about it.

I once was fucking around being a little retard, got a big ice chunk, and threw it up through the basketball hoop. There was a full court game going on at the time this recess, and as luck would have it, they got the ball and ran to the hoop while this humongous chunk of ice was in midair.

Landed on a kid's head, and there was a geyser of blood from his right temple. No idea if concussion or brain damage, but I didn't get in trouble because administration must've been checked out that day, and I was legitimately sorry about this (easily preventable) accident.

Make Food Great Again, stop this insane culture

I don't remember anyone caring what got brought in, but it hardly mattered since most people ate hot lunch anyway.

>>ITT
>kids are mean
>adults have matured

>a guy who was bullied for eating weird food in highschool maintains a grudge for several years then posts a beta rant on facebook

way to move on with your life bro, everyone is bullied for something by someone, its only betas who hold onto that shit and let it get them so buttfrustrated. This guys rant reeks of his own insecurities more than anything.

Eh, i grew up in one of the most multicultural cities in the world, i never gave a fuck about what people ate, no one i knew did.

Hey, if it upsets you that much you could always fuck off back to your own country of origin.
Just a thought.

Young man utilize your hate: let it fuel you in your darkest times, but do not let it steer your future.

>reverse racism
It's just called racism. Welcome to Veeky Forums, you'll be seeing a lot of it here.

I have always enjoyed Asian food. Everybody I know always has. To this very day I still denegrate anybody who eats Asian food in a public space that is not a restaurant intended for the purpose. The shit fucking stinks. That is a fact. It is no more acceptable than most types of cheese and seafood. There's a time and place, and the schoolyard is not one of them. Nor is the workplace.

I grew up in a small town in the midwest(flyover country). My best friend was a kid from south east asia. He was one of 4 asian kids in my town. Everyone loved his lunches because they were delicious. Spring rolls, salads, shrimps, soups, noodles. We always felt our lunches were boring and not as good.

It helped that he was outgoing and friendly. If he was some strange kid who never talked to anyone, then he might have turned out like OP.

Rants like OP and his photo sound more like the results of cultural differences in parenting, then being food related. The food was just an excuse they decide to latch on to.

I'm half Japanese and Japanese food was already cool when I was in school. Biggest problem was people wanting to trade for their shitty jam sandwiches.

Pic unrelated my lunchbox never looked this good.

>Victim complex in an attention economy.

Welcome to the future of bitching .

All I see is a fuckhead with a chip on his shoulder and a prejudiced outlook towards white people and European cuisine.

He can suck on my Cajun dick till he runs screaming for milk and white bread.

if i went to a school in japan and had a ham and cheese or a corned meat and pickle sandwich i wouldnt be made fun of? fuck of you stupid gook

Probably not. In Japan, foreigners are simply tolerated as inferior beings who can not help their foreigner habits. You would be quietly looked down on, but not teased.

I doubt your food would be the first thing they make fun of you for.

This is some /r/asianmasculinity tier inferiority complex.

Waitu piggu go homeu!

What the fuck?
Growing up neither me nor my friends ever got shit for lunch. It was either eating awful cafeteria food or mom packing shitty left over.
Whoever brought sushi rolls or any other fancy food got made fun of because they were coddled not because the actual food.
Of course all otlf us wanted a meal like that but we knew any kid that got treated like that would grow up blaming the entire world and non existent things for all his problems

This is so stupid im not sure what specifically to comment on. Are you not aware that children in general are mean? Okay so you're brown and your food is weird and they made fun of your food. What you seem to be unable to realize is that they (the white 'normal' kids) also made fun of each other for the most minor of differences. Kids are mean and they will never stop bullying those among them that they deem to be weird in any way.

>I personally remember asking my parents to pack me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches--even if they were inferior to my sushi rolls or lemon basmati rice or stir-fried rice cakes with cabbage, because I knew these dishes made American children uncomfortable and I didn't want to picked on.

boo fucking hoo. if you had a spine youd tell the other kids to fuck off and appreciate what your parents cooked for you. alternatively, your parents should have beaten you with a stick after requesting something stupid like that

in conclusion - i am offended by the level of pussyness that you have reached. remove thyself

Why don't black American people ever eat African food?

Because they're niggers, not Africans.

Why doesn't this monkey fuck off out of white countries then?

>they don't understand food like we do
>to ethnic people food is life

Just because other cultures adapt and change recipes to fit better to their taste is absolutely normal and literally every country in the world does this when introduced to food from other cultures. I bet this "proud Asian" faggot has lived his entire life in the US and would shit himself if he moved to Japan or something and had to eat all the disgusting survival type shit that they're used to.

Still let's be passive aggressive towards whitey on facebook because I got bullied in school for eating rice...

I'm Asian and I completely agree with this rant.

As far as I'm concerned the sooner the white race is wiped off the face of the earth, the better.

The kids that used to call me a faggot on the playground now suck cock recreationally. Do I sit and laugh about it now while DSPing it?
Of course, yes

There is no such thing as "white people". Please address me by my actual ethnicity and country of origin and refer only to those foods.

Oh wait, you don't know or care about what country I came from because my skin is lighter colored? Sounds kind of racist to me.

>muh heritage
Let me guess, scotch-irish, irish, eye-talian, or some shit like that?

No one gives a shit.

Near pure Polish. And that's something more to be proud of than some Korean shit stains.

Putting a screen door on a submarine is nothing to be proud of

>tfw r/asianmasculinity and /r9k/ came together to cry and create super-Autism

It's almost - hol up, pham, stick with me - it's almost like dominant cultures make fun of people who aren't in their culture. Shocking, I know.

everytime these people cry about "white" people, we "white" people should ask them what they mean... Do you mean Irish, Swedish, German, etc etc... So tired of this anti white spew anyone not white is spamming. The only ones concerned about race is non white people.

in the context of american politics white is white, there's no worry about former nationality because you're white (so long as you don't have a distinctly foreign accent, of course)
since white is the norm, if you can fit into it you have nothing to worry about
it's not that complex my dude

>in the context of american politics white is white, there's no worry about former nationality because you're white

So you're allowed to erase a person's entire ethnic identity because they're "white".

That's racist as hell.

pretty much what this guy said.

white people are free to say how many times in life they've walked into a business meeting with some pasty white idiot, given a whole presentation on some topic, and the first question when they're done is "what are you" or "where are you from" or some dumb ass bullshit like that.

people don't focus on your race when you're white because it's assumed that you're "american" whatever the fuck that means.

the day all the whites are gone can't come soon enough.

Except asking someone about their racial background/identity during an interview is illegal and no one does it.

>no one would break the law, business owners are savvy

Well, I don't know if you've worked I assume you have... did you think your boss was a moron? So are other peoples'

> asking someone about their racial background/identity during an interview
are you drunk or just stupid?

I get asked that all the time, always have, by teachers, bosses, peers.

Summary.

>reverse-racism is racism
>only weaklings care about abstract groups of people oppressing them
>dominate cultures oppress other cultures, that's what makes them dominant, that's what draws other cultures to move there, for the benefits of that countries' dominance
>"hipster appropriation" is just as loaded a phrase as the implicit assumption that dominance is bad while being oppressed is good. In both cases aesthetic superiority offends a certain person so they invert its value within their moral perspective: what is the best becomes "oppressive", "appropriating", etc.
>"hipster appropriation" itself is just the popular/american art of taking the best parts of oppressed cultures (ethnic, folk) and integrating them into classical/european culture
>e.g. Takemitsu is better than traditional court music, Tokyo Michelins are better than the "authentic" places, Kobo Abe is better than the "classical" works, etc.

> you make fun of it now, but in the future this will be trendy
> think before you mentally scar some Indian kid

takemitsu is cringe city bro, too many undergraduate-age kids watch tryhard movies from senile old directors and think ZOMG I've never heard movie music that wasn't hans zimmer this is so kewl *holds up spork*

classical music was already dead by the mid 20th century, and no amount of unlistenable clanging and "deep" silence is going to change that

Totally wrong
First off it heavily relies on the white people can't cook meme
Second ofcourse that eating food like curry is gonna attract attention in American cause it's not somthing the average American eats a lot it's not racism. You think white people who bring in kidneys or liver don't get shit from their coworkers?
Third you fucking live in America you should expect that it will be difficult to find authentic ethnic ingredients as said ethnic cuisine is not native to or super widespread in America
Fourth again your in America just cause in your culture slurping noodles loudly is ok and your in an ethnic restaurants isn't gonna some how make all the white customers realize that it's normal in your culture and accept it

>the white people can't cook meme
Calling something a meme doesn't make it wrong
>You think white people who bring in kidneys or liver don't get shit from their coworkers?
My white coworkers literally bring in McDonalds and the smell makes me feel physically ill. But if any of us bring in good food, some whitebread cunt whines to HR and a memo goes out about "unpleasant smelling food in common areas"

It is a meme because it implies that white people have no connection with food or ability to cook beyond premade food. What about all the Italian food my mom and grandma make? Is it not food or are they not white?

Ok I agree that McDonald's is disgusting but in America what is more common as a meal McDonald's or curry?

>takemitsu is cringe city bro, too many undergraduate-age kids watch tryhard movies from senile old directors and think ZOMG I've never heard movie music that wasn't hans zimmer this is so kewl *holds up spork*
You say this as if I even implied the "hipster" examples were good. All I said was that they are superior to the shitty sources they "appropriate". Listen to the even worse Japanese court music and get back to me.

>classical music was already dead by the mid 20th century, and no amount of unlistenable clanging and "deep" silence is going to change that
That's probably because romanticism still permeated it so much that it had to be reactionary in the face of jazz and popular music. Minimalism was the end of what you describe.

>Calling something a meme doesn't make it wrong
There are historical reasons for Anglo cuisine, especially of the lower classes, being so inferior. It is not representative of "white" cuisine as a whole. To take music again, your meme is the equivalent of thinking "oh wow, the top 40 is so much worse than hindustani music, white people can't into music" while totally disregarding Beethoven and the like. My analogy is spot on considering your white example is McDonalds. Totally false categorical equivalence.

When will you learn that your food is as disgusting to me as my food is disgusting to you?

I don't complain to HR and neither should you. It's called peaceful coexistence.

Japanese court music is much more pleasant to listen to than mitsu and his meme clanging. Just give it up, your argument was not well constructed.

>I'm the same as your cunt ass co workers
Surprise surprise not all whites are the same I happen to like trying new foods and would be far more likely to ask what your eating than to complain

How come when non whites talk about food it's all about culture and chains but when white do its the muh heritage meme

Have you had all white food? How can you tell it's all shit

this entire thread full of stormbabby butthurt, i love it
never change, and don't forget, stay ever vigilant for that white genocide LOL