Need roughly 2 more pans for cooking equipment. Need some suggestions if possible

So since I started getting into cooking about a year ago this Christmas a family member bought me a Copper Frying Pan and it's very very good. But the trouble is when it comes to cooking a meal that requires more than one pan I have to use these really old shit Tesco pans that have got burned on grease on them that my Mum gave to me a while ago.

I know you could say clean them but I'm looking to make sure I get decent equipment so my cooking goes really well.

I was ideally looking for another frying pan - perhaps Stainless Steel or Carbon Steel, not really to sure.

And was looking for a new saucepan for things like poaching eggs, cooking rice etc. I have looked around already but would like to see recommendations from people here. Would rather buy something knowing that it's recommended rather than not.

grab a couple from Ikea. They're cheap, they work, and if you destroy them from being a new cook, who cares. Save up for good stuff when you know what you're doing.

Le Creuset is what I use at work. They're worth every penny.

Oh I would say I know what I'm doing now. Cooking is easy really. I just thought I would mention I started just over a year ago.

I've had a few pans like a Tefal one and a Lodge Cast Iron but they both just seem to get random hot spots everywhere and not cook anything properly.

So you'd recommend one of the Le Creuset Frying Pans?

And any recs for a sauce pan? I might just go into the shops and pick up a simple one but I thought I'd ask anyway.

As test after test has shown, All Clad is your friend. Pricey, but will last multiple lifetimes.

Ah right I had heard of them before. I take it they have a Stainless Steel frying pan in their range right?

I'll have to check that out if so.

I'd recommend Le Creuset everything.

I wouldn't dismiss the Ikea stuff so quickly. They're very good. I use them at home. I've had mine for a few years and they're still in perfect shape. If you know what you're doing then the Ikea stuff will be great, take care of it and it'll never let you down.

At work I use Le Creuset because my bosses are ballers who want to be the best, and they are the best tools, bar none. Each pan is 150-250 CDN, so they're not cheap, but you won't find a better pan. Keep in mind they will behave differently due to their thickness, they hold heat longer. Not a problem in a restaurant, things don't stay in pans long enough. At home, take something off the stove, use the washroom, or answer the door, it can still burn stuff.

Save yourself some money, go to walmart--I know I know seemingly not a great start--and go find the tramontina stuff. Now it is very important that you only purchases things from their try-ply line. Its comparable to all clad but a fraction of the price. Personally I vastly prefer the handles on the tramontinas to the all clad. Granted I despise the all clad handles with a passion, and of course your mileage will vary.

As an added note. I'm talking about Le Creuset stainless steel cookware. I don't give a shit about their enamel stuff.

Yeah I guess you're right, I'll definitely have a look at Ikea for saucepans. I don't think I really need to splash out loads of money for a saucepan in all honesty.

Yeah they are quite expensive but like you said they are really good. My father has one and he really likes it too.

I'm in England so I don't have any Walmart's. So might not have any Tramontina pans in England. I can look in some shops today though.

Yeah I was looking at them ones just now. They look really nice.

To give you an idea of how "really good" they are. I worked in a very busy Italian restaurant for 4 years that had LC saucepans(high sided).

Only 10 pans for 70 seats. These things got abused. Thrown on top of each other in a milk crate after plating and hand washed with steel wool then right back on the heat. Restaurant gas burners, pumping out 25,000 BTU's fully encased in flames, 7 days a week. Cooking 120-250 pastas a night. Not including prep, making caramel, creme anglaise, pastry creams, simple syrups, toasting nuts, spices. After 4 years, not even a loose handle. They got a bit darker on the outside. Perfectly even heat every time, even when keeping it warm on a grill or french top.

They're "really good".

Haha I think you've converted me over.

They sound like literal tanks. Things like them getting dark or changing colour with that Patina thing is just something that naturally occurs isn't it - you can't really prevent it from happening.

You definitely put them through some hard work. That restaurant burner sounds crazily hot.

I take it with them you have to p[re season them before you use them to cook right? Since they aren't non stick straight from the bat. Something I had to do with the copper pan.

Yes the patina and darkening will always happen. It's not a bad thing. The only negative of these pans is they don't look brand new anymore, even if they behave that way.

I've never pre-seasoned a pan. So cannot confirm. I just use it normally. If you don't use stainless often, it'll be a learning experience. With stainless, food "lets go" when it's ready, trying to force it is counter-productive. Otherwise, just use enough oil when you're cooking. Small things like making sure your pan is hot go a long way. Cold pans cause sticking. However, there are exceptions and situations where this is desirable.

My caffeine and work buzz is wearing off. Good luck in your search.

One last thing. Restaurant pans are not "seasoned". Since they're cleaned with steel wool constantly, any "seasoning" would be removed immediately. "Seasoning" is unneccessary and quite frankly, overrated. Proper cooking techniques remove any need for it.

Ah okay thanks for all the help you've given.

Made my choice a lot clearer.

just get all clad. their standard line is hands down the best stainless steel you can get. beats the hell out of le creuset's chinese stainless garbage.

that other poster is a fuckig retard if he thinks le creuset is something special because it didnt melt or whatever he expected it to do

stainless steel pans are ALL indestructible, but All-Clad pans are indestructible and distribute heat more evenly.

>All clad
>handles
>not even once

>Tesco pans that have got burned on grease on them that my Mum gave to me a while ago.
Have you tried cleaning them you weakling?

Why should I bother cleaning them if they were absolute shit to start with. I did clean them before and gave them back to my Mum but she let them get back into that state again.

Perhaps a suggestion for the future - try using your brain before you type.

>go to walmart
end your life son
>gave them back to my Mum
what?

When she came over to my house she lent them to me back when I didn't ahve any other equipment. I cleaned them - then once I had finished using them (as I got a new set of pans a few years back), I gave them back to her.

it's time to stop anthropomorphizing flowers

So you are presuming I am some sort of Schizophrenic who thinks some flowers gave him a set of cheap Stainless Steel pans then?