SoCal thread

Californians assemble. Talk about good local food you've tried. Any older institutions you're particularly really fond of?

I just tried Dino's chicken and fries for the first time last night and and the smell alone gave me a boner. Their gravy has some Greek and Mexican spice combo in it that makes it taste really zesty and creamy.

Fuck off you flyover cuck.

If you're ever in the burbank/montrose/la crescenta area there's this small chain of hole in the wall teriyaki bowl/burger joints called Yakis. They have these things called bulldogs, basically cheese wrapped hotdogs wrapped in an egg roll wrapper and then deep fried. Fcuking delicious.

In and out obviously

In pasadena there's Lucky Boy for some god-tier breakfast burritos.

If you're in Santa Rosa up north, Russian River Brewery is awesome for sour beers. And that's all I can remember on the top of my head.

San Diego is a place with so much amazing food the burritos are the best, if you want beer go to Ballast Point Homebrew mart so much better than their main brewery

Kill yourself, retard

West Coast is literally the worst part of America.

>DUDE WEED LMAO
>DUDE IN AND OUT BURGER
>DUDE MEXICAN FOOD

I hope the God Emperor will carpet bomb the entire West Coast when he becomes president.

I'll check out Yakis, I've driven by before and that sounds delicious.

don't feed the trolls or you just get more shit like this

>muh he's a troll because he doesn't agree with me

Why don't you cry harder, faggot?

All of this looks amazing.

What's a flyover

Yeah they're definitely worth the visit. Definitely get some bulldogs and if you're feeling especially hungry get a Yako-Cheeseburger. Basically a 1/4 beef patty a 1/4 lb grilled chicken breast, onions, cheese and teriyaki sauce in a burger. Freaking delicious. Their teriyaki bowls aren't bad either, they're generous with the rice and meat but I'd avoid the mac salad they offer, it's kind of iffy.

I'm still amazed how the combination of teriyaki sauce and thousand island dressing somehow works. That's the dipping sauce they give you with the bulldogs. It's liquid crack, I can't explain it.

Here's the Yako burger

Let me see what else.

For Pho/Vietnamese food, Golden Deli in San Gabriel makes some amazing pho and spring rolls. Definitely worth the wait.

For some amazing dumplings and noodles 101 Noodle express in arcadia is phenomenal. It's still cash only and parking sucks but it is really freaking tasty. The soup dumplings and beef rolls are the top things here.

For Thai I'd strongly recommend President Thai in rosemead, probably some of the best Thai you'll have and reasonably priced too. Gets super busy, but well worth it.

For a breakfast/sit down place Dish in La Canada is solid, pricey but solid. All the food is super fresh and portions are generous.

Philippe's is worth a try

Can anyone vouch for Fatburger? How does it compare to The Habit or Farmer Boys?

The Habit >>> Fatburger

Agreed. Habit is fresher and has pretty awesome salads in addition to the burgers. Fatburger's main thing is they offer gigantic burgers.

Oh forgot another place. There's several locations but "The Hat" if you want freaking awesome pastrami/pastrami burgers or pastrami fries. Big ol giant pile of food.

I visit LA every so often. I hate the city and think it's soulless and empty. That said, the Mexican hot dog vendors outside of bars and clubs are fucking GOAT

Literally flyover tier

Garbage

if this is representative of the cuisine, I'm glad I finally know I'm missing out on absofuckinglutely nothing.

I guarantee I can get all of this at the same or better quality for half the price, with a lower cost of living and a higher relative salary,

Enjoy your shithole, faggots.

You've got to visit the area just to the west of downtown, where Koreatown is ending and melding with a Latino community. I went through there tonight, it's in the rectangle created by the 110, Rampart, 1st, and 6th street. Tons of people hawking food and cheap shit, the streets are filled with people. It's a ton of fun.

Go to this tiny place called Isaac's Cafe in Wilmington. Buy a green chili burrito

It's all just spicy green sauce and pork in a tortilla. It's fucking bullshit.

No wait I meant to say delicious
It's fucking delicious.

I love the burrito please you guys

LA can be great its just too large for one set area of it to become the heart of the city. You cant just go to one area and know there will be something cool to do and nice place to get shitfaced after. If you dont know where to go you just end up in the LA live area and drinking overpriced beers while looking at a statue of Chick Hearn.

>all these mediocre mexican restaurants in the Mecca of Mexican food

But I'm here now, and everything will be ok

Chill out fucking loser lmao

Stephens market and grill in Ventura is p good

>tfw moving to Pasadena in one week.
Thanks for the rec my man, I love breakfast burritos.

Brit here. I was in El Centro last year and discovered Carne Asada.
Changed my life.

If you guys love donuts/pastries, you guys should try Cafe Dulce. Located in Little Tokyo, their donuts are amazing and they even have bacon donuts. If you want a drink and like strong coffee try their iced coffee, it's good but very strong. Other than that try Mr. Ramen's at Little Tokyo, you can enjoy some fantastic food and all the art on the wall.