Why does Veeky Forums hate on Sriracha and consider it a meme? I just bought some and I think it's quite nice

Why does Veeky Forums hate on Sriracha and consider it a meme? I just bought some and I think it's quite nice

its fucking great. its just a normalfag thing so anons here (and on every other board) hate normalfag things (like you havent fucking noticed yet).

it also has super simple ingredients so thats why maybe everyone hates on it. its basically fermented chillis + garlic

I heard once that this stuff was the hipster hot sauce.

I do like it though. I mix it with ketchup for a spicy dipping sauce.

It's also marketed well.

I usually throw some sriracha ranch on my chicken patties if I make sandwiches or wraps.

MEME
LADS
FUCKING
MEME

What does it actually taste like?

Sort of bitter, sort of sour, pretty spicy.

It's okay. It's just going through a phase right now that made it popular, kinda like pretzel buns a few years ago.

In time, the public will forget about Sriracha and we'll be allowed to like it again.

I don't see how anyone can taste garlic in it over all the sugar, the second damn ingredient is sugar.

I put it on my mac n cheese with ketchup and black pepper. It's delicious.

it's great

it's not super spicy and has a nice flavor

amazing on pizza or mixed in to mayo/ketchup for fries

I love it. I prefer to use it during cooking than during eating.

When you cook with it, it kills a lot of the heat in it and adds a very good flavor to the food, it works very well as a pimentao(portuguese pepper paste adobo sauce) replacement.

While eating, it depends on the food, if its bland as fuck, pour it on to add some flavor, or you can mix it with mayo to make superior tasting condiment.

I would say it's more very sweet and spicy, think ketchup mixed with spicy chili flavor

+1

it's not bitter at all unless you bought some ripoff sriracha who make it from dried chilis instead of fresh ones

this

i like to use some when i sautee potatoes, spread some around in the oil and it adds a nice bit of peppery taste. if you want you can use a lot and it'll make it more spicy and redden up the potatoes a bit, if you're into that sort of visual effect

don't know why Veeky Forums hates it but i really dislike the taste. it's literally the worst tasting sauce i have ever had in my life

It has an overwhelming number of popularity over any other hot sauce. If you go to the local Raley's you'll find a whole section fo sriracha lined up like 100 bottles. Then you only have a very small section with only a few different other hot sauces.

I like sriracha and all, but its uses are kinda limited because it's such a strong flavor. Great with Pho and dipping for Banh Mi...otherwise Im not sure what to do with it.

It's okay. It goes really well with certain dishes, but I honestly cannot understand the people that put that shit on everything.

There's a mexican guy where I work and he'll take nacho cheese bugles and just... fill the inside up with sriracha. It's disgusting.

It's fucking shit. It's the worst tasting hot sauce I've ever had.

awww yiss