>fuck yes
>take a sip
>smells like a skunk
>wtf
>open another bottle
>also smells like a skunk
>I don't remember Corona smelling like this
>look it up
>find out it's actually caused by exposure to sunlight, leading to a series of chemical reactions, producing skunk odor molecules

Why the fuck do they put Coronas in clear bottles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HOUW7C_m_eU?t=69
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because the people dumb enough to buy corona also don't know what beer is supposed to taste like.

get pacifico or dos equis instead

Drink Negra Modelo

People actually think Corona is a "good" beer, when it's basically just the Budweiser of Mexico

>substitute one shitty, mass-produced imitation Euro lager for another

So patrician

Welcome to adulthood. Learning from your mistakes is one of the most important lessons to remember. You fucked up, but at least now you know not to buy corona again...

Negra modelo is a lager now? Lol.

Anyway, corona is an interesting case because it's by far the most popular (highest selling) Mexican beer, yet it also tends to be among the worst ranked in blind taste tests. The power of marketing!

They're mexican lagers you dumb fuck.

In origin, yes. In style they are Euro. Fuck, the guy who started brewing dos equis was literally born in Germany.

>drinking beer at all
>patrician

I bet you suck down chocolate stouts and pumpkin ales and think it makes you hot shit

I'm well aware that Corona is objectively a shit lager, but I find it very refreshing on a hot day when it's ice cold, with some fresh squeezed lime juice and the little lime wedge pushed into the bottle.

Literally any other easy drinking lager would be the same, so really what does it matter, it is marketting

That's where they're made, but the style is imitation of Euro lager, moron.

Figures that you think Mexico has a unique style of beer, since you think there's a difference between one brand of Mex pisswater and another. Pleb.

No, but people who drink Mexican beers are basically hillbillies.

Yes and mezcal is actually spanish, you pedant.

oregonfag reporting in

anybody outside the city hates those, thank god. anybody in the system thinks that hops=good beer, & that ascots are acceptable daily wear

ill take a plain red ale any day

that's a roundabout way of saying "I'm better because I don't drink mexican beer" which is what I was getting at and you're wrong faggot

>Negra modelo is a lager now? Lol.
It actually is, Negra Modelo is a Vienna lager.

>order a mexican beer
>wonder why it tastes of nothing
>notice they brought lemon and salt with it
>put lemon juice and salt on mouth of bottle
>suddenly delicious

hey, im a fucking hillbilly, fuck you

Corona with a lime is literally top 5 beers of all time, faggots

Back to the hogs, Cleetus.

what is the accepted way to use the lime/lemon and salt? I've seen people squeeze the fruit into the beer and put salt straight in which seems stupid. I remove it between sips, and use my finger to top up the salt every now and then and get the taste from the bottle.

how are euro type lagers made? are they suitable for home brewing? I've done a bitter before, it was a bit cloudy but got the job done and didn't taste tooo bad

No it's not. You have just an infantile palate because you're a giant fucking manchild

Buy it in a carton, not 6 packs that have been soaking up UV light for weeks.

>people buy commercialized beers and expect it to taste good

Mexican beer is not German or Belgium tier, but it good beers to offer like Cucapa from Baja and Minerva from Guadalajara. microbreweries are growing in Mexico and so far i've been impressed.

>buying corona

>drinking Corona

>crack open a Corona
>pour it down the drain where it belongs

says the pretentious beer snob

There's nothing pretentious about calling something that tastes like shit, shit

Sorry you're a tasteless manchild, you tasteless manchild

Go get your mother to tuck you in, little boy

>tastes like shit
>is one of the most popular beers in the world

it's weird that Veeky Forums is so snobby about coffee and beer, yet eats mcdonald's constantly. it's the same fucking thing. lowest common denominator food/drink. it objectively doesn't taste bad. it just isn't the best.

it's just like saying mcdonald's hamburgers are shit because you could go down the street and get a $15 burger that tastes better

beer objectively tastes bad and pretending you like it is a form of willful self delusion that plays into a social game.

the only people that can say they like the taste of beer are people with dysfunctional taste receptors or taste areas in their brains. beer OBJECTIVELY tastes bad.

Veeky Forums is not one person
Also appealing to popularity as an argument for quality is incredibly stupid

it's an acquired taste. hated it at first, now like it. still dislike wine though.

alcohol in generally objectively tastes bad. that's the point

i've never seen someone ever defend corona or budweiser or any cheap beer on this board. i see mcdonald's threads constantly.

>my teacher says

>drinks corona
>doesent dress it with lime wedge and juice,beer salt and tajin

Highest of Plebs detected.
Learn to beer.

>drinking corona without lime

May as well eat butter without bread

>drinks corona with lime wedge and juice, beer salt and tajin
>calls other people plebs

Never fruit the beer faggots. It's man law.

Fuck off

>man law
why don't you put on another episode of How I Met Your Mother and go like some Lad Bible posts

When I drink Mexican beer I go for Tecate, at least it's appropriately cheap

Negra Modelo is actually good, though

At least try to enjoy your cheap shitty mexican pisswater.

This

I rarely ever drink so I'd never consider myself a snob, but I remember thinking corona is the nastiest shit in the world. rubbing alcohol tastes better than corona

>sniff lemon
>lick beer
>shot of salt

Anyone else is objectively wrong and also a faggot who can't handle flavor.

Mexican beer is dogshit that was your problem OP

I'm Mexican and I have no fucking argument against this. I was just talking about this the other day w some friends: you can all fight that Tecate and Corona are shit, and that Negra Modelo, Bohemia and Nochebuena are superior, but you can't battle against fucking european beer.

Which is sad.

I mean in the summer I'm not against a Corona with a fresh lime slice in the neck but it's not something I'd drink more than one of. Otherwise I never touch the stuff.

This faggot though...

>can't handle a product that a non drinker can handle
youtu.be/HOUW7C_m_eU?t=69

Different user here. I like both Budweiser and Corona

I got a say, even though it's kind of weird and gross, I kind of like it in a way, Idk

I don't ever buy it but if it's offered to me I'll drink it and enjoy it

It could have something to do with the brewery it came out of. The budweiser made in saudia arabia is god damn awful alot different than the st louis factory beers.

They use clear bottles so you can see the bright colour of the beer. It gives the impression that it will be refreshing on a hot summer day.
It also makes the bottle stand out among all the green and brown ones.

Corona is shit even when it hasn't been exposed to light, and they are well aware that marketing trumps quality in the macro-brew industry.

Whether it's Corona, Bud Light, Snow, Carlsberg or Kingfisher, every country's most popular beer is mediocre at best.
Even in Belgium, where you can get outstanding traditional beers in most supermarkets, Jupiler is the most sold.

Mexican dudes I know love drinking Tecate

wait so I can buy the cheapest lager at the supermarket, drop a lime in and it's as "good" as corona?

i might just try that

Aw I like Kingfisher. Though I've only used it to cool my tongue off from spicy Indian food so maybe that has skewed my opinion.

Although wait the most popular macro brew here in Hong Kong has to be Tsingdao and that's pretty good.

>red ale
disgusting

>Veeky Forums is not a person.
Well spotted. Although Veeky Forums is a collective, and as such there is a consensus. I'd be more careful in calling other people stupid, user.