What is your BEST and most FAVORITE crockpot recipe?

what is your BEST and most FAVORITE crockpot recipe?

i'm gettin real fuckin tired of chili senpai

>crockpot
do you live in a college dorm? there's literally no reason to own one of these if you have a range

not OP, but I am monitoring this thread because I do live in a college dorm, and I do cook with a crockpot in there.

Red beans and rice, beef burgundy, and beef stew in rotation gets old after awhile. I'm looking for ideas.

Also used mine a hell of a lot when I was working. Leave the apartment, go to work, come back 10 hours later to hot dinner it was nice.

have you tried using pork, muhammad?

I'm in college and don't live in a dorm but use crockpots anyway. When having a full day of classes and letting it cook different types of meat, chili or slow cooked stews, its really worth it.

pulled pork. super easy. super cheap. feed you for days

use the ham hocks in beans and rice.

not sure what to pair with pork for a crockpot meal. I try to make 1-2 part meals that include meat, veggies, and hopefully some kind of carb. made some potato/ham soup the other day that turned out really well too. any other ideas?

here, found a decent one for beef stew I use:

2 lbs beef bottom round (or stew meat)
1 lb red or gold potatoes
3-4 large carrots
1 large yellow onion
1 4oz can tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
beef stock
1 tallboy of stout
2 tsp black pepper
flour
olive oil
1 metric fuckton of garlic
extra salt and pepper for beef
can of sweet peas

Cut up beef, toss in s&p, then coat in flour. brown in skillet with olive oil. sweat onion and garlic and toss in. throw everything else in but the carrots and sweet peas. kind of half ass deglaze the yummy bits off the skillet with the stout and throw in pot, then cover rest of it in beef broth. set on low and cook about 8 hours, add carrots half way through if you can, and peas 30 mins before done.

This.

Get a pork butt (Boston butt), rub with spices, throw some bottled marinade in there, get it to ~208F internal temperature.

Stick a large fork in and twist; it should give way and easily shred, all the way to the core.

Feel free to sear it in a blazing pan before putting in corn tortillas with raw red cabbage and a sweet/spicy sauce made from the drippings. Feta or crumbly mexican cheese is a welcome addition.

>Leave your stove on all day while at work

I'd rather have something plugged in an outlet that has a circuit breaker and auto-shutoff

Dude how about use google and not be a fujing dumb cunt u can cook pretymuch anything in a crokpot fuk i hate shit posters like u

>not be a fujing dumb cunt u can cook pretty much anything in a crockpot fuk I hate shit posters like u.

You are drunk and shit posting. Kill your self.

just killed myself, hope you are happy now

I die, just to make yo uhappy!

Still drunk, yet still not dead. Its okay I should not judge you I'm also drunk.

Veeky Forums a drunken mess

Oxtail stew. I made a thread when I made some a couple weeks ago

ha, I am drunk, and it wasn't me you told to kill yourself

but I done pretendings!

I am drunk though

a big fat mistake!

those onoins look good

never tried cooking oxtail, is it a low and slow meat?

Red beans and rice, motherfucker.

Yes, oxtail needs to be cooked low and slow. 6 hours minimum in the crock pot on low. Mine went 9 hours the last time, but it was a lot of oxtail. Coat lightly in flour and brown those bad boys on all sides then just throw everything in

Since you're tired of chili, try Buffalo chicken for Buffalo chicken sandwiches.

Super easy, just take some chicken breasts and pour in a bottle of Buffalo sauce. Add to that a packet of dry ranch and let it go for a while. Shred the chicken with a fork when it's done.

lolled pretty hard.

it's a great suggestion though.

hit up the goog for "bbq pork shoulder crock pot robert irvine"

I'd use that pork meat in anything...
OP. how do you do red beans in a slow cooker.. i always do a pot on the stove, you have piqued my interest..

not op but you either soak overnight, or do a quick soak then throw in at the start.

they usually take about 6+ hours to cook all the way through

PROTIP: This shit also works with chicken thighs (or breasts, if you're a pleb.)

>Buffalo chicken
buffalos do not have chicken, chicken os poulryrt

Back the fuck off?!?!