New England or Manhattan?

New England or Manhattan?

I just tried Manhattan for the first time two days ago and I must say, it's the patrician choice. Plus, it was the password in Ace Ventura.

I rarely eat pizza.

Is that a Chicago style in a ceramic cup?

Rhode Island.

Just kidding, Manhattan can be good, but New England is the only true patrician choice.

truthfully, I'd rather have cioppino than nyc chowder. But I do prefer nyc chowder rather than creme based new england style chowders. *Unless..it has to be in a bread bowl, then I like new england styled chowders..But I'd rather have cioppino, like I said before...

>under rated post

>Piss water clam soup

Can't call that a chowder.

>Adding tomato to clam chowder
KILL YOUR FUCKING SELF, YOU SLOB.

Kek

what a pleb

Manhattan is the superior choice

Israel should be nuked.

>le funny NYC is Jewish meme

>nyc chowder

"Manhattan" is just a name. Tomato based clam chowder is just as much a New England dish as is New England clam chowder.

It's pretty shitty, but it's still a legitimate type of chowder. Rhode Island is also the clam capital of the country, their weird as fuck food just never really makes it out of the state.

>It was a joke

Fuck she used to be cute.

I think some people think Manhattan and NYC are synonymous

That's not even the point.

It was named Manhattan clam chowder to differentiate it from New England clam chowder, but was still created in New England.

Yeah you're right

I thought it had something to do with Manhattan but I guess not

OP here, I just realized I fucked up that Ace Ventura reference.

>doesnt see the commonality of manhatten and nyc

my grandma used to call it long island chowder. My dad calls red chowders York chowder and he calls the white chowders Boston chowders. chowder chowder they're all pretty good either way.

Saw this same thread on /b/

I think Long Island chowder is a combination of Manhattan/New England

>people discussing food on the food and cooking board is invalidated by the fact that the same thread was also posted on /b/

Admitting you ever go to /b/ only makes you look dumb.

>chowder chowder they're all pretty good either way

True.

They're all also basically the same. One has cream, one has tomato, and one is just nasty ass looking clam broth.

new england

perfect hangover food, even the progresso cans

wow thats interesting...thanks

My grandparents are from Nova Scotia. Grandma makes the white kind and just calls it 'chowder'. We don't bother with prefixes and I have never even seen the red stuff outside of shitty surf and turf restaurants.

On a related note, my grandma says it was hard to get tomatoes during the depression if you didn't live somewhere warm or in a major city.

Dairy products were always available too.

Is your grandma like 100 years old?

You make it sound like you're proud of the fact that you've had a limited exposure to different kinds of food.

>New England or Manhattan?
Yes.