What's your favorite pie?

What's your favorite pie?

Sour/tart/pie cherries are only in season for one month. They are too good for this cruel world.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pecan-pie-recipe.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love bilberry* pie. Not a big fan of those pies that have that cross-stitching on the top, though. These ones have bilberries mixed with meringue.

* Bilberries are a European blueberry-like berry, supposedly more nutritios, definitely tastier, and leave a purple tint in your mouth for hours.

nutritious*

Pecan pie hands down.
It's not a real pie unless it's heart attack inducing

step aside plebs

>tastier
They taste more?

>Sour/tart/pie cherries
This.
My grandparents had an apple orchard with a single pie cherry tree just for making pies. As an 7-10 yo I would eat them straight off the tree.

Mmm, homemade pecan pie with a tablespoon of bourbon in the filling. Good taste user.

Blueberries are rather bitter in comparison, and bilberries are WAY juicier.

>Mother in law arrives
>"Happy birthday OP! I heard cherry pie is your favorite so I baked you one!"
>It's February
>How
>Heart sinks
>Canned filling in premade crust
>'baked'
>Crust burnt on edges
>"T-thank you, you shouldn't have"

It was kind of her to think of me and and I was thankful for that. But there is no polite way to ask your mother in law to never bake for you again. Perhaps we can move?

1. Key Lime Pie
2. Pecan Pie
3. Blueberry Pie
4. Cherry Pie
5. Blackberry Pie
50. Apple Pie

Your list is very wise, but I suspect you've only tasted shitty apple pie, you poor soul. Try a recipe with lots of cinnamon and eat it a la mode.

That's a blueberry pancake user

>What's your favorite pie?

Cheesecake, Key Lime, Apple and Cherry.

always wanted to try pecan pie, but nobody sells it in my country. I figure the ingredients should be easy enough to get though. would you guys recommend any recipe in particular?

Blackberry.

>Picture of mass produced frozen pie
HEATHEN.

Okay, but seriously, making pie is stupidly easy;

Make crust
Mix filling
Cook filling on stovetop (sometimes)
Pour in crust
Top with more crust (sometimes)
Bake

Seriously, it's just glorified mixing. You can even get boxed pie crust in the croissant/biscuit dough section of the grocery store if you want to skip the only nominally hard part. Pie is infinitely more yummy when it's fresh and home made. Don't short yourself on joy.

I've used this one for years and it rocks my socks. Just the filling part of the recipe, dunno if their crust is any good:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pecan-pie-recipe.html

cheers user!

Blueberry pie is GOAT, but preach cobbler is way better, even if it technically isn't pie.

Steak Pie

That's called meat bread and everyone here knows meat bad is from the realm of fa/tg/uys (nothing personal Veeky Forums).

Bad = bread, fucking auto correct.

have not done blueberry pie in a long time, i think i should do one sometime

I never saw the point of dessert version of Chicago styled pizza

Cherry Pie is the second greatest of all the pies

Apricot tarts are the king. Apricot cherry tart with marzipan is the food of the gods. Literally nothing better.

>Making pie is stupidly easy
True and also very false.

I went down the rabbit hole and went for why am I doing this to myself tier piemaking. The tart shell takes a few hours(including resting), the filling is pretty easy, but still takes some time to pit/core and slice all the fruit involved. Toasting and grinding the nut flours and making the toppings is so time consuming.

>ctrl+F
>pumpkin
>ctrl+F
>chocolate

what is wrong with y'all.

>Making the toppings is so time consuming

Whoa, I am intrigued. What do you use for toppings? All I can think of is sprinkled sugar+butter for the crust, meringue and whipped cream which are both easy to make in a kitchen aid, and shaved chocolate bits.

>chocolate
the fuck is wrong with you

Pumpkin Pie is the only correct answer. Pecan comes in a close second.

Not that user but
>shitting on chocolate pie

French silk pie is the dessert of the heavens and I will kick you out of my kitchen for disagreeing

Has anyone here made pumpkin pie with an actual fresh pumpkin instead of the canned stuff? Was the taste very different? Was it worth the extra effort? I must know.

I always top my apricot pies with marzipan. It's basically just sugar, almond flour, almond paste, and butter. But i go from the beginning and grind down the toasted nuts, let them cool a bit then start mixing. Every time I make it, I'm out of marzipan and have to start again. Sure you can just buy it, but where's the fun in that. I make mine a little dry compared to store-bought versions anyway, helps with spreading over the top. Mixing that shit together by hand, my kitchen-aid never mixes it to my satisfaction, is unfun. However, the result is worth it.

Recipe for pie
Marzipan for topping
Bouchon bakery pie shell(google it)
15 apricots
20 cherries
75g sugar
1 tsp cornstarch

Blind bake the shell, add the filling and the topping and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or bubbling.
Definitely wait until July when stonefruit starts coming in. A slice of this with some high-quality vanilla or espresso ice cream is summer.

yes, they taste completely different. Mainly because you're in control of all the flavorings. I don't find the canned stuff actually tastes like roast pumpkin. It's more I've killed this squash with allspice and cinnamon.

Fun to try, not that much extra effort.

I have. Didn't taste that much different, and really wasn't all that much work.

Does anyone here use bacon or spam in their pie crusts when making pecan pie? I love doing that shit.

What is that half-breed abomination in the upper left corner?

that's a buckle

already mentioned pecan and pumpkin. sooooo....blackberry.

we use to go out and pick them+make a pie. But everybody got old so...hehe.