What's the best way to make an omelette?

What's the best way to make an omelette?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RThnq3-d6PY
youtu.be/ak3uJGf6Bj0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ecd7YWZy7iE
youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try using a pan over a hot stove.

a pan over a hot stove with some butter added and you just give it a shake and take it off the heat and it's french.

Over a fire inside the skull of your enemy.

du fromage.

In a plastic bag and boiled

Corned beef hash with swiss cheese is my favorite omelette.

But I don't actually make them myself, as I just end up wth scrambled eggs with corned beef hash mixed in...

You're not waiting long enough to add the meat and/or are waiting too long to press it together. Corned beef hash in an omelette sounds amazing.

You know you're supposed to mix the eggs first, right? Look at all those strings of egg white. Ugly fucking omelet. Looks overdone too.

Like putting grilled cheese in a toaster bag?

you've lost the plot kid

wow, you sir are truly an connoisseur

ON THE HEAT

OFF THE HEAT

ON THE HEAT

OFF THE HEAT

ON THE HEAT

OFF THE HEAT

ON THE HEAT

OFF THE HEAT

The best way for a man to make an omelette is to work hard, earn money, get a good woman and she will make you one. This is the best way to make an omelette.

here you go OP
youtube.com/watch?v=RThnq3-d6PY

youtu.be/ak3uJGf6Bj0

>21st century
>Women cooking well

Oh, you.

This, and I live in the fucking middle east where we're still in the 14th century

How the fuck is this guy popular at all?

he's really good at cooking omelettes

It's morbid curiosity. Like watching a train wreck but with cooking

someone needs to make a webm of Jack's kentucky derby bar egg separation. it was honestly the most hilarious and pathetic thing ive seen in a while.

I know I get the memes, you don't need to continue.

Is it? Seems like some people actually genuinely like him and he's having some real success. Sort of.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ecd7YWZy7iE

That looks like shit and doesn’t look like any kinda omelette I’ve ever had, it’s just non-scrambled eggs.

Also;
> scraping the fuck out’a teflon pan with a steel fork…

In addition:
> she flubs her lines so much she’d be fired on the spot nowadays.

I hope the one on the right isn't supposed to exemplify a good omelette.

>dumps a bunch of salt into one spot
>adds nothing else inside

Nah.

But what is that sauce?

Ketchup. Japanese people are NUTS about ketchup.

du fromage

underrated post

Fucking weird

trust me on this, put fish sauce in the mix.

Ketchup isn't very weird.

Rate my eggs

where did my image go

Tomatoes inside?!

Onions, mushrooms undercooked

my god those poor eggs : [[[

regardless it shows that he's failed to replicate it.

my russian ex served something just like this to me as an omelette. i ate it in silence while she sat there bright red eating kissel

Culinary speaking an omelette is eggs pre mixed of beaten before added to a hot pan with other shit in it, and you just let it slowly cook from the bottom up. The fancy fold and bullshit is just for a different flare to the dish.
I hate when people think adding milk and shit and beating the fuck out of eggs then scrambling them in the pan is scrambled eggs. No it's just a fucked up omelette.

no, an omelette is just a broad flat sheet of cooked beaten egg, it can be cooked in many ways. the french method of beating it in the pan is great because it makes for a very fine texture whereas omelettes that are just poured in and cooked tend a) to overcook and b) to have a ropey texture. mixing them as they cook obviously leads to much better consistency.

that was scrambled eggs or something

Here's Pepin doing a 'country' style (american) and a french omelette.

a good source

youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU

Google the origins of the omelette and you'll see you are wrong.
You described how to make terrible scrambled eggs, an omelette is always beaten before hand added to a hot pan and then lowered heat to cook through without burning on the bottom.

>Google the origins of the omelette and you'll see you are wrong.

i don't see what that has to do with anything.

>You described how to make terrible scrambled eggs

no, it's an omelette. it coagulates uniformly on the bottom, in part because the thinner phase of the beaten egg takes longer to solidify and pools around/underneath the formed curds. nothing burns because everything cooks in like 30 seconds maximum and no specific region is on the bottom of the pan for more than about 10.

i strongly suggest you actually try making a proper french omelette, it is pretty amazing how different the eating experience is. and way faster.

>You described how to make terrible scrambled eggs

Well fuck you, I'll have Jacques Pepin's terrible scrambled eggs over anything else called an omelette

At least everyone else has a reason for being kissless virgin, you live in a region of the world where women are still considered property.

The same reason DSPgaming is popular

>if you're going to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs

That's 100% true for me. My wife doesn't even know what we have in terms of cookware.