What are some quick and healthy ways to start the day as a student?

What are some quick and healthy ways to start the day as a student?

I have a pretty big savoury tooth, and I'm not a huge fan of cereal or fruit. I also shouldn't really be having fried/processed food every morning.

fried egg on toast

fried toast with an egg

If I'm rushing to class in the mornings, I usually do oatmeal overnight in the fridge. That and coffee.

If I am able to actually cook something I do an egg (soft scramble or fried) on toast with a little bit of hot sauce.

I know you said that you dislike fruit but have you considered a smoothie? grab a few ripe bananas, maybe some dates and a little bit of soy milk, throw it all in a blender and bam, breakfast in ~2 minutes

Then live the rest of your life knowing you're a massive faggot

bread between two toast slices, aka a "toast sandwich"

a cold can of baked beans

we like to eat it cold to keep the electricity bill down

>soy milk
>not whole milk from a bovine

You some kind of gayboy son?

wouldn't that be a toasted bread sandwich?

I fucked up

It's one (1) slice of toast between two (2) slices of bread

avocado toasts.

Yogurt topped with fruit and/or granola. As in, buy plain or vanilla yogurt and use fresh fruit, not that syrupy "fruit" on the bottom.

Sous vide omelette in a zip-lock bag

Anything wrong with the breakfast you posted? Lately I've been having a bagel with cream cheese and an egg on top. I really like it.

>Fried egg and toast or if you're out of bread, 2 fried eggs
>salt and pepper
>Crystal hot sauce

Wala

I love to start the day the right way!

A hot, fresh Sausage and Egg McMuffin, freshly squeezed OJ and an expertly roasted Expresso.

Scramble the egg on a pan with one diced tomato and usual onion with oil. No seasonings besides salt. Looks awful and also it's godly.

>simple scrambled eggs looks and tastes awful because i neither know how to cook nor season my food

If you're going to care about it, you may as well do it right, so you want something with carbs, fiber and protein.

Personally I go for banana & whole natural yoghurt (I.e. mash the banana and mix it with the yoghurt). Steel cut oats are a good option. Pretty much anything with egg; a poached egg on toast for example, if you don't want to fry it. You can even go the whole hog and make eggs benedict.

He said it looks awful but tastes good. Also it is seasoned, with salt. What the fuck else are you adding to scrambled egg?

Make some oatmeal the night before with milk. You can put in nuts, fruit, dried fruit and cinnamon.

quick oats is easier
empty a bag into a mug, pour milk, heat with microwave for 1 - 2 min
ready to serve

mods are cancer

Buckwheat is nice and savory

>Buckwheat is nice and savory

I don't want to be shot up the ass for breakfast.

This is the best answer possible

>shouldn't really be having processed food

>bread
kek

What to put in cereal besides sugar to be healthier but still tasty

Nothing. You're eating cereal so you're already fucked. Just dump in some honey, it won't be any worse for you.

>adding sugar to cereal makes it healthier

What's wrong with a little cereal in the morning, asshole?

it's a nutrition shithole

I don`t know what exactly qualifies as cereal, but i like oats with yoghurt, some berrys and nuts. Definetely healthy and so tasty.

Yes, oats are a "cereal", but when people talk about "cereal for breakfast" they're invariably referring to processed sugar laden items that they buy from the supermarket in a cardboard box.

Boiled eggs
Oatmeal
Full fat yogurt
One piece of fruit

Vegemite and cheese on toast. yummy and incredibly healthy. also really cheap.

>freshly squeezed OJ
not gonna happen in your "restaurants"

>scrambled eggs
>it's literally a fried egg, yolks whole and whites smooth
Are you OK? Feeling light headed at all?

Plain yogurt with fruit / honey / nuts / granola.

Fresh baked bread with peanut spread.

Coffee / tea / water.

black coffee and a cig

AKA, the Slav breakfast...

>student
>freshly baked bread

>asks for not processed
>lists only processed things

>I'm not a huge fan of cereal

So you're a huge fan of big black cock, you fucking faggot?

Get some corn flakes, put them in a bowl and put milk in them. "Savory" foods to start your day is a good way to fuck up your energy levels for the day. Bland, well prepared grains give you a good starting source of energy, without throwing your body into a fucking lurching start.

Cut a banana into it for potassium, because we all know you are already getting enough protein from Jamal's loads.

add a shot of vodka

Cereal isn't filling. Ideally you'd eat a huge breakfast, a small lunch, and a medium sized dinner.

>small lunch is ideal

It's filling if you tell your body what is filling. You dont need to gorge yourself on reddit strips and four eggs to have a sufficient breakfast.

Furthermore, if you are eating properly, you should never be "full". You should be in control of your own diet enough to know how much you need without having to unbuckle your pants and burp like a fucking cartoon character every time you finish a meal.

>eating enough carbs and fat to handicap a small horse to start your day

Jesus do eat it and then go back to bed?

You can put nuts in it if you want, but you should be able to eat cereal just fine on it's own you moody baby.

>reddit strips
lol

sugary cereals are only a thing if you're from the US really. Most countries only really have cocopops as the only sugary cereal and most people stop eating that when they finish primary school.

why are all breakfast foods so bad for you?

100% of people who eat die

Cereals are perfectly fine

Not including oatmeal, which is even more healthy

As long as you dont use animal milk you should be good

Fruits can be breakfast and those are good

what milk do you suggest then?

>soy milk
Enjoy your gyno. Drink real milk you dick head.

Not that user, but there is nothing wrong with animal's milk.

However, if you want alternatives, unsweetened almond and soy milks work well. They have an acquired taste to them, but they are fine.

>the only non-animal milk is soy

>anything non-animal is milk

Milk and honey

is almond milk a problem in regards to estrogen too?

probably not, and soy milk doesn't really either. Just don't get rice milk because it tastes like shit.

what is that? some milk for ants?

no, that's milk thistle

The phytoestrogens in soy will not give you gyno

In fact "real milk" is far more likely to than soy milk

Then again you're just a fatso who thinks he's bulking so you wouldn't even care either way would ya fatty

>reddit strips
jesus christ that's the best name for bacon I've ever heard

Maybe they're lactose intolerant

Veeky Forums is that you, what do you have for lunch and dinner?

>MUH GOMAD

lunch: another two cigs and a singular mint
dinner: the rest of the carton
dessert: not worth it. The mint was pushing it.

This is tough to answer, because as a student your dietary requirements are totally different to those of ordinary people. I'd start with caviar spread on roast turnip to start with. If you get mild aches in the liver three hours after consuming this, try replacing the caviar with anchovies.

Of course, if you're a law student this is all totally wrong. You'll need to examine soup options.

>maybe they're gay

>Not a huge fan of fruit

What, you want to get colon cancer?

Have you ever looked at a dictionary in your life, or do you just blunder about enforcing your suppositions?

>What are some quick and healthy ways to start the day as a student?
>quick

Easy. Make/order extra for your dinner and reheat the left overs the next morning. That would also encourage you to make healthier dinners.

>dictionary
says milk is produced by female mammals. any whitish liquid with similar nutritional characteristics that is not produced by mammals is a milk substitute. where i live, it would be illegal to sell that shit as actual milk

Banana

>bread
is not unhealthy.
Unless you're an american ofc.

porridge

>soy milk

almond milk master race

Yeah but then you have to clean a blender, fucking ugh.

I like to put adzuki or black-eye beans on water before I go to bed, and have a bowl in the morning with a boiled egg or two and a cup of milk.

I was personally talking about multigrain Cheerios.

when I was in Thailand for a few month I drank a lot of soy milk with cookies. Shit is cash.

literally takes one turn of a tap and that's it.

How fucking lazy can one autist be? Jesus christ, it's a blender, not a fucking car.