What are you thoughts on Bison? Is is far superior to regular ol' beef? Is beef better...

What are you thoughts on Bison? Is is far superior to regular ol' beef? Is beef better? What are some good Bison specific recipes?

Officially a national animal and illegal to eat.

Thanks Obama.

>implying
You just can't hunt them. There are Bison ranches and stuff. I eat ground Bison all the time that I literally get from a chain store.

Too expensive compared to beef to justify the difference in taste.

It's about 40% more expensive where I live for ground bison and I usually buy it on sale for like 30% off on clearance/when the sell by date gets closer since I'm the only person in town who actually buy the stuff.

They say it's dry as fuck...?

Who is they?

I had a Bison burger once and honestly couldn't really tell the difference from a normal fuckin' beef burger.

Too iron-y. I get sick of the taste quick

I couldn't tell with a burger, but I could tell with jerky. Pretty good.

Bison is great for people who are trying to build muscle as you get the benefits of red meat with less fat than beef.

That being said, it's my fiancé's spirit animal (as in Native American, not a 'this sloth is my spirit animal' meme) so, erm, we don't eat it.

>Native American, not a 'this sloth is my spirit animal' meme
LOL. It's the same hipster bullshit. If it was really her 'spirit animal' and she were really a native American she'd eat the hell out of it.

This.

Probably because it was a fucking burger you faggot

I don't really taste the iron myself, it has almost a sharper gamey taste though which I like.

Triggered as fuck they aren't facing the same way

It's alright in small doses wouldn't want to go to town on a huge steak but burgers are pretty alright

Where do you even get Bison steaks?

Bump

Bison Burger

>"American cheese"
yikes

It's all horse and meatglue anyway; Why pay more for a name?

COCK
MODS MODS MODS

kek

>implying

The jews

So Jews don't want us to eat Bison?

Butcher I go to has them as well as one of the local grocery stores.

Don't get near the amount of intramuscular fat of a grass fed cow let alone a grain fed one so they are easy to overcook.

Prime sous vide candidates though. Maybe will pick one up and try it out.

Sliced cheese is pretty great on a burger though. Even Japan makes "American" cheese

I know that the Bison sushi i ate in Japan was the greatest single thing i've ever eaten. Also all western food is sooo boring and shit.

They can't cook and they are wrong.
Bison is good shit. the cuts I've had tend to be leaner than cow.
Its def something you should try. Like crocodile and muthafuckn veal.

I'm not saying it isn't but the flavor of American cheese (as in the type, not nationality) is meh. Swiss or Cheddar are pretty good on burgers though.

Not really you weaboo faggot. Western food is fine, it's just not covered in spices to cover up flavor of five day old squid.

>everything is better in japan.