What does Veeky Forums think of jiro ono?

Other urls found in this thread:

eater.com/2014/5/12/6225955/internet-vilifies-student-for-ordering-cooked-sushi-at-sukiyabashi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just reminding you guys about the Chinese girl who went to his restaurant to complain about how the fish was not cooked.

is sushi even supposed to be cooked?

He's pretty cool, I guess. He's not afraid to tell it like it is.

Only for certain things. It's mostly all raw.

What?

Man, I don't even understand this type of super specific type of jew hating. It's not like samurai were fighting afro jews in the 15th century.

Maybe you remember a little thing called WW2?

>Most famous Sushi place in the world
>Located in a subway underground

The guy is hyper-focused on his product, that's for sure.

subways aren't as gross in japan as in new york.
Also it's a good place, lots of people coming through subways in japan.

The point is that he could have easily opened up a chic sushi palace in a high-rent district and made mad cash from his reputation a la Mario Battali & Bobby Flay.
Instead, he chooses to obsess over the food and perfect it through repetition.

Ginza station is easily the nicest station in all of Japan and right below the flagship stores of Gucci, Hermes, LV, and pretty much every other high end brand you could possibly think of. His son does have a restaurant in Roppongi Hills which is one of the second nicest areas in the city, and apparently he is cheaper, more consistent, and better tasting than Jiro.

he invented ramen, so he is alright for an australian.

There's all kinds of sushi. Some are cooked while others (most?) are meant to be left raw.

I prefer the fried ones but that's really just me.

>but that's really just me.

You are no where as unique as you think you are. I am sure there are other people out there that prefer fried sushi!

That's not what I meant there.

What I meant was somebody might disagree with my statement, and prefer it raw.

I may have worded my post poorly, so I apologize. Sorry.

Crusty old skeleton, really good at "preparing" food that doesn't have to be cooked. The average nog working at McDonalds has more cooking knowledge than he does.

Here's your reply

Grade A autism

Yeah, I remember when samurai were fighting Americans in the Pacific Theater.

Why would we or Jews fear a nation whom we utterly crushed?

I couldn't say, but I was at his son's restaurant and he told me his father has been nothing but polite and professional to everyone around him all his life. Focused but kind.

kek

>implying Jews had any hand in fighting the gooks

The kikes just piggy backed while the white man did their fighting for them.

Well I don't know the dude, so I can't really say anything. What I can gather from the documentary is that he is borderline insane (as most great chefs tend to be). His devotion to his craft is ridiculous. I'm jealous of anyone with that level of discipline and dedication. I feel bad for his kids because they will always have jiro looming over their heads no matter how successful they become. I'd love to eat at his place but I know that since I'm dirty gaijin, I'd probably get fucked around.

Because you are not a Jew, you are just a good goy ... Jews fear you too, but less than the samurai.

>they will always have jiro looming over their heads no matter how successful they become

From what I've read, when you eat here, they make it clear that Jiro is play a supervisory role. It's his eldest son who is doing all the work. Rest assured, that guy is going to do just fine after his dad's death.

(you)

>Ginza station is easily the nicest station in all of Japan
And i'm sure there is a nicest toilet in all of India.

Of course that happens, do you think you turn up to "gordon ramseys" restaurants and he cooks every dish.

The food is always left to the employees.

He sells the experience, being a hole in the wall joint is part of the experience (even if it's a very expensive piece of wall). I don't know if it was intentional or not, but without the location I doubt he would have the fame.

>It's his eldest son who is doing all the work
I can confirm this.
The food was good although I'm not a big fan of seafood.

He did open a place in New York

>deleted
Oy gevalt

Bit of a difference when you own and run more than one restaurant. At one time, yes, you could expect Ramsay and Jiro to be in the kitchen. Now Ramsay and Jiro just put their name above the door.

source please. i love when chinks do stupid things.

eater.com/2014/5/12/6225955/internet-vilifies-student-for-ordering-cooked-sushi-at-sukiyabashi

It's always the Chinese that do shit like this. Dirty mudpeople

Japs could have civilized these people but no, America had to drop 2 bombs on them.

I went to his restaurant a few years back. I was taken by a friend of mine who I made online. She was a BBW Japanese girl that I met online back in 06 and kept in touch for 5 years when I finally made the move out to Japan. After the restaurant we went back to my hotel and she sucked my cock, I could smell the sushi still on her breath it was fucking disgusting. But overall it was a good experience. Oh and the sushi was aight, not really a big fan of the stuff.

People say he's great but something seems fishy to me

FUCKING CARLOS

I've had his sushi. It's pretty good.

He's too uptight

I kek'd but it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. Stations there aren't just large urinals like in NY.

I don't really like people touching my food with their bare hands.

Then you must never eat out at all

I mean
I never ate his food and I probably never will
But he seems like an ok guy
He had a popular documentary about him so he has to be somethin

If it gets cooked it's OK but don't be touching my cold or raw food with bare hands.

Even subways sandwich artists wear gloves.

There's no guarantee those gloves are clean, same as bare hands.

Kek

They shut it down

lrn 2 English

Studies show that gloves are typically dirtier than bare hands. If you don't wear gloves, you are more likely to wash your hands. You touch all the same dirty shit when you have gloves, you just don't change them as often as you would wash your hands if you weren't wearing them.

The only reason a kitchen worker should use gloves is if they have an open wound.

Overpriced, overrated and outright rude at times, apparently. There are supposedly better and cheaper sushi places in Japan.

Get a fucking passport. The average station in Tokyo is cleaner than your shitty apartment

No where in Ginza is a hole in the wall. Its a small place in one of the most upscale areas in the city

>What I can gather from the documentary is that he is borderline insane (as most great chefs tend to be).
Like any intelligent, forward thinking citizens of the 21st century, my wife and I are feminists. And like any feminists we were shocked and disgusted by this movie.

Both the main character (Jiro) AND the narrator are male! If alarms aren't going off in your head so far you're probably a bigot. Things became more and more repulsive as the movie played on. All of the supporting characters are male! And even worse, almost every single character in the movie is male!

I don't care if this is a documentary. My wife left the room in tears at the end of the first hour during a particularly sickening scene where Jiro serves a room full of customers. He says (not an exact quote) "I made the meals smaller for the women and larger for the men so that everyone would finish at the same time." Things like this would be expected in a film about Adolf Hitler or Winston Churchill (both disgusting sexist pigs)but in a movie about food it was just chilling. And that wasn't even the worst part! The women in the room appeared (probably special effects or movie magic of some type) TO APPROVE OF THIS. Can you believe that?

My wife won't talk about it and I'm not sure I could if I wanted to. I finished the movie with tears in my bloodshot eyes. I can't believe we've advanced so far as a society and women are still seen as being gutter scum.

Anyone forward thinking enough to simply be on the internet, to find this movie, to read this review, will be disgusted by the brutally sexist assault on your senses and common decency this movie has gotten away with.

This is some new bait

>nicest toilet in all of India

You forgot to mention your bull to make this a 100% shitpost.