How do I get into wine? Keep in mind I'm not rich

How do I get into wine? Keep in mind I'm not rich.

You'd have to find a half-filled barrel then lower yourself into it. A snorkel is optional.

Go and buy wine of different varieties. Look for mid level prices. Where I'm from that's like 8-20 dollars a bottle. Eight bucks a bottle is a gamble but I've found a couple I like. Anyway, try different varieties and see what you life. Boom, you're into wine.

>this

alternately, you can purchase and consume cheap wine

I suggest box wines as they are very cheap per unit volume, they retain freshness for longer as they do not oxidize as readily and the reds turn your poop interesting colors

Go to an Italian restaurant. Like, a good, authentic one. Buy the bolognese (if you really don't like bolognese, get whatever red pasta you like), ask for the house red. If they don't have house wine, just get whatever Shiraz they have by the glass.
This is how I got into red wine.

Get into white wine by getting a lightly flavoured Sauvignon Blanc, chill it until you can't chill it anymore, then sip it slowly.

Your religion is Pedestrian, isn't it?

You've got to start somewhere user.

Are you sure wine that cheap is a good starting point for a beginner? I remember when I first tried caviar I thought it was shit because I bought cheap but I changed my mind when I got ahold of the good stuff.

Inherit a cellar full of thousands of bottles and take a glass every day with dinner.
Eventually you'll notice the difference between vintages, varietals and regions of origin.

Or, if you want a shortcut, become a dentist and/or schoolteacher and attend wine tasting events while wearing a tacky off-the-rack blazer and wishing Obama could have a third term.

Dispensing with the sarcasm: it's just a fucking drink. Start with chardonnay and either pinot noir or merlot, then consider less approachable/less versatile varietals like cabernet sauvignon or pinot grigio, etc. At a non-rich level, it's all about the type of grape.

Also, prefer screwtop bottles to bags and cartons and plastic tubs, prefer corks to screwtops, and prefer real corks to imitation corks.

>shriaz
Gay
For reds find out if you like bold or light (cab for bold or merlot/pinot noir for light) find out if you like Italians (chianti/sangiovese)

Whites are generally buttery(savory), dry(bitter) or sweet (fucking sweet) and come in most grape varieties find out what you like.

If you live near a known wine region you're in luck, you can get good, mid-level wines for about as much as you'd pay for a shitty cheap wine anywhere else.

A full barrel is fine too, but it will spill some.

ευρηkα!

You start buying and enjoying wine, you stupid fuck.

Seriously, there are posts like this on every board I go to regarding every interest/hobby around. If you actually cared about something enough, you would just get into it and start enjoying it. People who ask "how" to get into things are usually just fucking hipsters that want the crash course for minimal-effort involvement for the novelty of being able to say "hey, look at me, I'm into that". They want to wear it on a sash like a fucking merit badge.

Go to hell and die.

It's is pretty audacious of him to ask how to do something directly, instead of fucking it up for the scorn and amusement of the winelords.

It's like starting a baseball game with the ball already between the baseposts - just ruins the fun for the mittenmen and the stickfuehrer.

I walked into a wine store, looked at bottles, decided on a price range, said "eh, this looks good," went home and popped it open.

If you like sweet, try a sweet blend or a specific fruit wine (I'm partial to blueberry myself).

Usually the clerk will be willing to help you out.

Oh those damn crane boys. Wish I could watch it for the first time again

butterface if I ever saw one but that ass is legendary.
I remember it being huge when I first wandered onto /v

I like the face aside from the forehead though...

Classic kek

I am right now. I've had three episodes left for the past two weeks because I don't want it to be over.

>taking wine advice from minimum wage shop monkeys

no.

Fuck off faggot, I asked a simple question and why would i waste money on something i dont know anything about first

Depends really.

In the UK you can get a decent bottle for £5 which is just over $7, depends on prices in your area.

I only buy Australian / New Zealand stuff, it is consistently very good and affordable. I only drink red, so can't speak for white or rose.

Why would you come to Veeky Forums, of all the places on the internet, to get useful information about anything?

You only need to browse this board for about 5 minutes to realize that 90% of the people posting have absolutely no clue about anything food or cooking related are are just here for trolling and regurgitating overused, unfunny memes.

just get a good moscato

bitches love moscato

I might get shit for this, but if you have a trader Joe's, go and get 1 bottle each of all the 3 buck Chuck they have.

It's 3 dollars a bottle and matches some 20 dollar bottles I've got. It's not all good, some are just bad, but most are good quality, considering is 3 bucks.

Also buy those vacuum corks. 2 for 5 bucks on Amazon, or 2 plus the vacuum for 8.

Pop open a bottle and use those to keep it fresh.

Go to Europe and become an wino.

Failing that, go to Trader Joe's and become an wino.

many stores sell one glass sized bottles, so you can get a selection to try to see which you like, beware though, they seem to taste better the more you have

>the reds turn your poop interesting colors

chile wine is pretty good wine too hitlerquadman

Is it cost effective to join one of those wine clubs that send you a few bottles a month in the mail?