Bread General

thread for the spirited discussion of different breads and bread-derived product!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdDfF4hXfj4
kingarthurflour.com/learn/yeast-bread-primer.html
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i love mediterranean bread

What do I have to fix if my baking powder-raised bread rolls have wet doughy spots in them after baking? I guess they are lumps of unleavened flour. I can't bake them any longer or at a higher temperature, the issue is somewhere else. The internal temperature is already near the boiling point of water, however that water takes forever to evaporate because it appears to be unleavened. I am already mixing my dry ingredients thoroughly

i dont know about baking user, but go to the closest spanish speaking country and get some decent bread !

What is that thing that looks like a croissant roll that just got out of prison?

You might be baking too hot, if a thick crust forms before the inside can dry out enough that could cause wet spots. Try dropping the heat after the initial blast or dampening the outside of your loaf.

thats a crappy kind of bread similar to the one in the middle-bottom
really dont like the texture, its just crunchy cheap-feel bread

I'm european and I've been eating fresh bread with crusty outside and soft inside every day.

Would I miss it if I ever moved to USA?

All I see, even on cooking shows, is that cut up soggy "bread" they always use.
I love how the bread smells, how it tastes, I love everything about it. Do french and italian style bakeries exist in the US?

>Do french and italian style bakeries exist in the US?
You clearly don't have a good understanding of just how large and diverse this country is. Nothing wrong with that.

Of course they exist. Whether you live down the street from one or not depends on where you move. Not every city wants or even needs its own bakery.

>Not every city wants or even needs its own bakery.
What do you mean? I'm sure many people eat bread in the US.

Grocery stores usually carry the breads most people want.

I'm digging your enthusiasm, OP.

Dutch crunch all day, family!

This is what you might get if you buy something labeled "bread" in the US.

youtube.com/watch?v=IdDfF4hXfj4

Putting your hands into a toilet, I don't care how clean you think it is, is fucking disgusting.

some crappy bakeries in spain get extremelly cheap crappy frozen baguettes and "cook" them for sale
i have no idea how that shit's even allowed, it tastes like ass and you can easily tell it was frozen before

there's already a bread discussion Very insightful

I guess... you are not kneading properly? All you have to do, is to repeatedly hit the dough, really really hard.

Most of the instructions for soda bread say that you're not supposed to knead the dough a lot because of the baking powder or something (it relies more on the starch instead of the gluten or so I heard, so it's more like how you wouldn't knead a cake). So I only knead minimally and then shape it.

>too much crunch
kys

frozen bread is fine.

>posting generals on Veeky Forums.
Cretin.

I don't really like bread.

whats a good recipe for a beginner?

Same. I just want to learn to make one above-average, maybe even excellent, 'everyday' bread like pic related.

Always like it when you go out to eat and they serve you bread and butter. If the bread is of a good quality, you know a good meal is on its way.

kingarthurflour.com/learn/yeast-bread-primer.html

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

This is probably the least amount of effort you could put in. Usually "lazy" and "good results" don't go together yet here we are. It's kind of scary how good it turns out.

bread is just a meme accepted by flyovers