What extinct animal would you want to eat if you had a choice, Veeky Forums?

What extinct animal would you want to eat if you had a choice, Veeky Forums?

These probably tasted good as heck if they were hunted to extinction

Other urls found in this thread:

stuff.co.nz/environment/10248028/Expert-supports-Moa-revival-idea
youtube.com/watch?v=4k-l1HLj9Nk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

eat some neanderthal pussy
ayyyyy lmao

i'd eat a virgin version of your mother.

u on the paleo diet, bro?

Probably some tapir species that doesn't exist anymore.

It's a farce anyways because nobody knows how to prepare it.

>i'd eat a virgin version of your mother.

not exactly extinct, but I'd love to eat giant tortoise as they are supposedly extremely delicious, but they are protected now

An intelligent black person.

j/k I know they never existed.

Fucking wooly mammoth, nigga!

That's a lot of chow. You could share it with like three tribes and become the bomb diggity host of the prehistoric plains. They'd have some sort of Fred Flintstone band and guana soaked peyote party for you.

Probably some of that American megafauna, those giant elk like creatures.

One of those big ass water dinosaurs.

I heard mammoth burger tastes good. So maybe that since its the safe option.

Not extinct but endangered, the Galapagos Giant Tortoise.

According to historical sources it was the most delicious meat the explorers had ever known.

>The 17th-century British pirate, explorer, and naturalist William Dampier wrote, "They are so extraordinarily large and fat, and so sweet, that no pullet eats more pleasantly,"[118] while Captain James Colnett of the British Navy wrote of "the land tortoise which in whatever way it was dressed, was considered by all of us as the most delicious food we had ever tasted."[119] US Navy captain David Porter declared, "after once tasting the Galapagos tortoises, every other animal food fell off greatly in our estimation ... The meat of this animal is the easiest of digestion, and a quantity of it, exceeding that of any other food, can be eaten without experiencing the slightest of inconvenience."

>According to scores of accounts over several centuries, the giant tortoise is by far the most edible creature man has ever encountered. 16th-century explorers compared them to chicken, beef, mutton and butter – but only to say how much better the tortoise was.

No, an alligator you fucking idiot.

stuff.co.nz/environment/10248028/Expert-supports-Moa-revival-idea

Maybe we will some day be able to

The Irish Elk.

They weren't hunted as food. Apparently they tasted terrible. They competed with pigs that the Dutch brought for food/space and the pigs won.

youtube.com/watch?v=4k-l1HLj9Nk

Kek. We still use the word ''dodo'' to describe someone who is slow and/or retarded.

This
There's a fair amount of pirate tales saying that tortoise soup was delicious

>These probably tasted good as heck if they were hunted to extinction
They tasted like shit which was well documented, they were killed off because the rats on the sips spread to the island and ate all the eggs because the rats had no predators there.

Mammoth jerky.

I want to eat a giant tortoise. The reason they're almost extinct is because EVERYONE ate them back in the day. It's hundreds of pounds of super delicious (by all accounts) meat that can't even run away from you.

Eating a meat so good other animal meats, which I presume they've been eating all their life, paled in comparison afterwards.

God damn, that's impressive.

That aside, I'd have to say a Moa, I want a drumstick from a 10 foot tall bipedal bird.