>want to try out rabbit
>buy one off the butchers
>feel really bad on the way home
>get to see the rabbit

THE HEAD IS STILL FUCKING ATTACHED HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK

I CAN'T DECAPITATE THIS FELLA NOR CAN I EAT IT WITH ITS HEAD ATTACHED

>getting triggered by anatomical features
Stick to your boneless tendies, carnists

If you don't feel comfortable eating an animal, you don't have to eat it.

Make a tiny about of wabbit stock.

Or eat the meat off her cheeks.

When I was about 9, I visited Viet Nam of where I was born. I had lived an American life, poor, but not bad as my relatives in Viet Nam.

I was over at my grandma's when she asked if I was hungry. I told her I was. She told me to catch a chicken for her. It took my maybe 20 minutes to catch it. Once I caught it, she brought out a butcher knife and had me behead it. Of course I did it. And then we had it for dinner.

I have a lot more respect for meat now because of that. That animal died to feed you, you better eat it.

rabbit meat is shit tier anyway

Rabbit isn't that good and is more expensive than better meats.

Except that one. I would fuck that one.

>That animal died to feed you, you better eat it.
Except it didn't, it died to be sold on the food market. The people who killed the rabbit don't give a fuck wether it's eaten or not.
In your example yes, the animal died for you to eat it, but in modern food industry that's not how it works.

I would eat that rabbit if you know what I mean.

Don't give me that look.

What is rabbit starvation? a.k.a. protein poisoning. Not to be confused with protein toxicity.

>What is rabbit starvation?

When she doesn't put out.

Rabbit protiens, unlike most other neat proteins, are incomplete - they do not contain all 7 essential protein chains your body requires and cannot get for itself. They're also incredibly damned lean, so you won't get as much fat as you need. As a result of you try loving exclusively off rabbitz you will starve to death, no matter how much you eat

It's not really an issue unless you are literally eating nothing but rabbit meat for 2 weeks

Found the vegan.

Doesn't all food have a full amino acid profile? Certain ones have certain higher concentrations than others. I doubt it's that that's the issue rather than the excess proteins and amino acids combined with a lack of fat

you know why they let the head on and don't cut it off like with a whole chicken?

think about it...

I thought that it was just that it was so lean that it took more calories to process than it gave you.

But what the fuck do I know.

.Rabbit starvation, also referred to as protein poisoning or mal de caribou or fat starvation, is a rare form of acute malnutrition thought to be caused by a complete absence of fat.

>Excess protein is sometimes cited as the cause of this issue; when meat and fat are consumed in the correct ratio, such as that found in pemmican, the diet is considered nutritionally complete and can support humans for months or more. Other stressors, such as severe cold or dry environment, may intensify symptoms or decrease time to onset. Symptoms include diarrhea, headache, fatigue, low blood pressure and slow heart rate, and a vague discomfort and hunger (very similar to a food craving) that can be satisfied only by the consumption of fat.

>Rabbit meat is very lean. Commercial rabbit meat has 50–100 g dissectable fat per 2 kg (live weight). Based on a carcass yield of 60%, rabbit meat is around 8.3% fat. [1] For comparison, in terms of carcass composition, beef is 32% fat, pork is 32%, and lamb is 28%. [2] Pemmican is 50% fat by weight.

>The groups that depend on the blubber animals are the most fortunate in the hunting way of life, for they never suffer from fat-hunger. This trouble is worst, so far as North America is concerned, among those forest Indians who depend at times on rabbits, the leanest animal in the North, and who develop the extreme fat-hunger known as rabbit-starvation. Rabbit eaters, if they have no fat from another source—beaver, moose, fish—will develop diarrhea in about a week, with headache, lassitude and vague discomfort. If there are enough rabbits, the people eat till their stomachs are distended; but no matter how much they eat they feel unsatisfied. Some think a man will die sooner if he eats continually of fat-free meat than if he eats nothing, but this is a belief on which sufficient evidence for a decision has not been gathered in the North. Deaths from rabbit-starvation, or from the eating of other skinny meat, are rare; for everyone understands the principle, and any possible preventive steps are naturally taken.

So yes, I was right.

I bet you think that celery is calorie negative and you'll die if you only eat celery

you will but not if you fill it with delicious pimento cheese!

U can still rape it. :v

I've had a very mild form of this.

Very, very weird feeling, if you have it you'd honestly seriously know something is wrong. Weirdest cravings, you must don't know what you want. Yes, diarrhea and headaches, didn't get the other symptoms besides "discomfort." The real issue is the cravings, just what the fuck.

Eat some cheese and it goes away in a day at most. The thing is, cheese isn't what you're craving.

This should be considered an issue for body builders who neglect fat and thinks it's a good idea just to eat only chicken, bacon (with all the fat cutoff like the ocd I am) and lean mince, plus your 60g of protein. I was dumb, thank God it was mild, I'd assume real rabbit starvation is unbearable rather than an uncomfortable oddity.

>got to restaurant
>order Welsh Rabbit
>look for rabbit
>no rabbit to be found
>must still be in magician's hat

You mean Welsh Rarebit?

>Not bagging your own with an atlatl and skinning it via underarm whip

Pussy.

If you can't look at a rabbit carcass without getting triggered, you don't deserve to eat meat.

Stick to vegetables

>cutting the fat off the bacon

Wut. Most of it melts in the pan anyway.

You do know Welsh rabbit is just an older name for rarebit?

rabbit is awful anyway

Hate it.

Chewy and does strange shit to the oil. In general I have everything lean, not because I need it (actually I'm medically underweight), but because I hate the taste of animal fat. People hate watching me eat lamb and chicken, I'm frustratingly surgical with my meat.

My fault entirely, I kind of knew it wasn't a good idea to cut all fat from my diet. Nowadays I eat cheese to compensate the extra protein from my protein shake.

Fellow animal fat non-eater here

Nigga, why do you need oil? You can cook bacon by itself, as most of the fat melts and the bacon is cooked on his own hot fat. Also it' god tier when crispy, you don't even notice the fat.

I really don't have an issue with chicken, then again I mostly just eat chicken breast that is pretty lean. I share your pain with lamb, though

Sticks to the pan.

Always fry with oil, even if it's just a dab with bacon.

Talking about wings and drumsticks, it's a poor lol not poor thing that my family only ever buys drumsticks out of the misconception it's cheaper, when in fact you're buying bone, stringy fat and about a mouthful of decent meat.

Also, I eat wings with a knife and fork.

Yeah, of course breast is easy to eat, just don't think "hurr I'm skinny" and then only eat lean meats unless you really want to experience the weirdest craving of your life. Worse than a coffee addiction, probably a step below cigarettes although I've never smoked enough to experience that fully.

Never had issue with sticking to the pan. Then again I mostly use a no-stick for the bacon, or just cook it in the oven. I think it tastes better in the oven. IDK, maybe it's the slow heating

Can't say I appreciate drumsticks either. I buy them once in a while for a recipe or two, but they're expensive for the amount of meat. Also I find the tendons texture especially grating.

Y'all are gross.

I was going to say grab your cleaver and do what needs to be done, then I realized you really just wanted a Judy Hopps thread. I like that rabbit, too.

As for cooking actual rabbit the meat is good, but awfully lean. To get good flavor out of it you have to add more fat than you would with other meats, and cook in a manner that won't dry it out. I like braising it.

>Carnists

Spotted the vegan.

I like to debone, make a bunny stock, then make a nice braised stew with potatoes, carrots, and whatever else I feel at the time. Farm raised is probably more versatile, but wild pretty much needs to be cooked to well done, so I fry it in bacon fat, then braise the shit out of it to get it tender.

Is it worth buying over other similar meats though?

If you're looking for an economical, lean, grass fed meat it's a good choice. But it takes work to make really tasty because it is so lean.

If all you care about is taste there's no reason to bother with rabbit in a world where chicken, pork and beef are relatively cheap.

It's a meme food.