Ok Veeky Forums

Ok Veeky Forums
Here is my challenge. I have 20 bucks for food. I have this, some ramen, 8lbs of rice, and a 3lb bag of frozen mixed veggies, a loaf of sliced bread and 3 eggs. What can i make that will last me until the end of the month? I have hot sauce, soy sauce, and some basic spices.

Threads like this remind me that half the population is below average intelligence.

Less i dont know what to do and more that i have no creative ideas actually.

Spend all $20 on ramen and throw all that shit you already had in the trash.

Buy a shitload of chicken, then use your rice and veggies to mix up some different chicken dishes. Use that flour and egg to make a nice breaded chicken sandwich, and so on. Buy a big pack of chicken breasts for like $10, that should get you a bunch of different meal possibilities.

Then just buy whatever the fuck you want with the rest. Get more ramen and bread and peanut butter if you're worried about running out of food.

You need 35000 calories including fiber and protein. You got a good 15-20k calories in grains there, so you still need 15k calories with 20 bucks. Dried legumes would be a good choice in this scenario to get some protein, iron and folate in. Peanut butter and cheap nuts and seeds also. Buy cheap veggies that store for long periods, such as carrots and cabbage

Ok so peanut butter and chicken are good plans, when i head out im going to buy as much of both as i can, what do i do with the molasses?

For 20 dollar I'd get a cheep chicken , some brisket and some bargain cooking apples.
Make a big pot of slow cooked red chilli beef with the brisket and tomato can, to eat with rice and beans and maybe some flatbreads you can make with the flour. Will last well in the fridge. With chicken you can poach it in bouillon and have lots of meat to eat with rice and stock to make ramen bowls. Make an apple crumble with flour and sugar and a bit of butter to have as desert. Easy 2 weeks.

Milk, eggs, peanut butter, and some cheap bunches of greens and onions are all you need to live.

Chicken is a terrible idea, it's incredibly expensive for how little calories it provides. If you buy chicken, you'll not have enough money to meet your dietary needs. Anybody who suggests chicken has clearly never been poor. Why not buy a fucking filet of salmon while you're at it

What do you suggest instead?

An 8 lb bag of chicken leg quarters is 3k calories(and >300g protein) and only costs like $7.

beans, lentils, and rice you fucking ding dong

He can mix it with rice and vegetables faglord, its not like I was suggesting he eat entire meals of pure chicken every day. He's only trying to last 2 fucking weeks, its not like he has to eat like an African child.

Eat chicken with rice, vegetables, or whatever once a day or so. I assume by the end of the month you mean you are just trying to make this last 2 more weeks? If so its not like you're rationing for months, you can eat some chicken.

You will be fine eating chicken once a day or every other day if you combo it with your rice or vegetables, and you can eat more bland stuff like peanut butter sandwiches or ramen to pad out your other meals. I was trying to give you a more colourful option instead of eating ramen every fucking meal of every day.

Cheap pork-7
Peanut butter-3
Chicken-7
Beans-2
Eggs if you can manage

Peanut chicken over rice with veg
Pork with rice and beans
Chicken chili over egg noodles
Maybe French toast
Egg sammies
Peanut butter sammies
Omelettes with toast
Use chicken bones to make broth and have chicken soup/stew with egg noodles and veg

>Cheap pork-7
>Chicken-7

Does this mean that chicken is less expensive than pork where you live?? I could probably get double the amount of pork chops than I could chicken for the same price.

Start making your own bread. All it takes is flour, water, salt, and yeast. Olive oil if you want to splurge.

Dissolve 1tsp dry active yeast into 2 cups of lukewarm water in a mixing bowl. Once the yeast has dissolved, add 1 level tsp of salt, and immediately add 3.5 cups of all purpose white flour. Mix with a wooden spoon, and add 1tsp of olive oil. It'll be a very wet, sticky gloopy mess. Cover the bowl with a cloth and leave on the counter for 12-24 hours.

An hour or two before you're ready to bake, flour a baking sheet or pizza stone, and consolidate the dough into a loaf by plopping it out of the bowl onto the sheet, and then folding it over onto itself a couple of times. DO NOT KNEAD. Just fold it over onto itself 2-3 times, then sort of tuck any sticky projections underneath it. Doesn't have to look perfect.

Preheat the oven to 450C, and put a shallow pan on the bottom rack with some water in it. The idea is to make a humid atmosphere in the oven. When the oven is hot, put the sheet with the loaf/blob/thing on the middle rack above the water pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a rich brown color. Take out of the oven and put it on a wire rack to cool, or the bottom will go soggy.

Bam. Delicious cheap as fuck bread. Freeze half of the loaf in a shopping bag. Eat as much as you can of the remaining half, then make french toast with it the next day.

Not OP but I'm gonna make this. Hope it doesn't turn out like shit. Is that the same bread in pic related?

>450C

u don't even need yeast. I keep a starter in the fridge.

The natural yeast doesn't leaven as well, but this is easily solved by proofing the dough in a warm oven with a pan of boiling water inside (to keep the dough moist).

I know, right? I keep it no higher than 375° Kelvin.

>Buy a big pack of chicken breasts
When you think about it, a whole chicken will give you more bang for your buck.

If I was in OP's situation, I'd roast a whole chicken then take out all the meat. I'd make stock out of the roasted carcass and use it in soups or noddles bowls. The meat I'd use in sandwiches or add to fried rice along with the frozen veg. That whole chicken, if padded out with some other ingredients, could feed me for up to a week (but your mileage may vary).

OP, check out your Asian stores. Where I live, the produce there are cheaper than in places like Walmart.

Yeah, it's the same bread. I forgot to mention that you should put some slits in the top of the glob of dough before you put it in the oven. That's supposed to give it expansion room. Just a few shallow slits to allow it to expand; the crust is really thick so without them it'll sort of squish itself upon baking and turn out really dense.

oh boy, make french toast. one more loaf bread, rest in rice?

and thing of eggs.