Baking desserts

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of men who cook stick to savory meals, grilling, etc. They'll use the oven for lasagna, ribs, and the like, but they never make cookies, cakes, or pies. Women do all the time, though.

Why is that? Do men just have less of a sweet tooth? Are desserts seen as more "feminine"?

Do you ever bake desserts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=cookies
youtube.com/watchv=NFxyYYRqobw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Never bake myself, waste of caloric budgeting. I think women bake because there is less room for expirimentation, while still letting them indulge with visual creativity.

>tl:dr baking is for weak minded, also known as women

As a bachelorfag, I cook because I have to and I make things that will get me through the day. I can't really make a dinner out of brownies or cake so I don't make them.

I bake all the time, because I'm a fat fuck who likes sugar and likes sharing sugar with other people.

Thing is baked goods are completely nutritionally void beyond their calories and are effectively poison.

I find that men, on average, seem to be less inclined to eat baked goos regularly.

Most women I know, however, are incredibly partial to a bit of cake or a tart in the afternoon. It's like the last thing they drop when they attempt to lose weight.

Because we're straight. Only Faggot bake

Guy. trained to cook and bake, but never got into it professionally beyond getting my red seal. Kitchen politics are not my thing, especially when every kitchen I was in with more then one cook was a dick wiggling contest.

I love to bake, it's truly a science and a delight to watch all these ingredients turn into something wonderful. The people I bake for always walk away smiling and it feels good to know its appreciated.

That said, I try to avoid eating it as much as possible (exceptions to pie and bread, god help me) When you know what it's made out of, it loses it's luster, especially when you lost a shit ton of weight and have no desire of returning to that state.

That said Flour is a beautiful thing.

roasting meat in the oven gets my aggression out in a good way

baking a cake feels way too passive and pussified

See, weak minded.

Because you need to learn how to make each dish type.
I.E Most likely men who cook will never learn how to debone chicken thigh.
Baking bread is different from baking cake and sweets.
Etc

i'm a man and enjoy baking, possible that most men find it daunting or don't care enough for baked goods most of the time they'd rather go and buy it

I love cooking savory but have absolutely zero talent when it comes to baking. I've tried many times because I want to try making cakes for my girlfriend but they always come out a crumbly dry mess no.matter what I do.

I fucking love making creme brulees though. That's the one dessert I've managed to get right.

Most women I know are tarts all day, not just in the afternoon.

>Women do all the time, though.

Barely any women (or men) I know cook at all these days.

Most people I know that cook regularly bake as well, regardless of gender

It's just that it feels like a savoury/dinner/meat based dish serves a purpose, like for protein of fuel etc
Whereas baking is such a fuck around for less pay-off,
It's not efficient

My roommate dislikes baking because of the measurement. He prefers things he can eyeball, like grilling. Baking has too many steps/need for some precision and it bores him.

Faggot here.
Can confirm.

I use to bake cookies all the time
in fact I did it so much I didn't even need the recipe or even measure very carefully

Yeah this is how I am.

I'll make soups and casseroles and grill/bake/fry meat and veggies all day but I only glance at recipes for basic ideas then dynamically adjust them for what ingredients I have. I generally don't measure carefully and I also hate folding/rolling/kneading dough. This works wonderfully for everything except baking.

And then my wife excels at baking/folding/rolling because she follows recipes to the letter. Her attempts at making real food are mostly bland and boring for the same reason (I've come to do most meal cooking).

It is nice when we can team up and make a meat pie or pizza though.

No you're not faggot, don't you have a Target bathroom to occupy?

Kinda true, i am learning some baking because i ehard pastry chefs earn more and work core comfy...but this is geting anoying....everything is really expensive and caloric...doesnt even taste that great, it is just adicting food..

I bake bread and cakes all the time. In fact it's what got me into cooking. I've always been big on coffee and love having something sweet to have it with.
Shit's incredibly easy, I don't even measure the ingredients anymore. Once you get used to the consistency of the dough you can eyeball it no problem.

user can you give a quick, easy and good cookie recipe?

I wonder what model of mixer that is in OP. I like the font.

I like to but diabetic. So would have to toss most of whatever I made.

I would guess some Sunbeam.

My grandma had one like that. I used to scare the dog with it.

Baking is for people who can follow directions

Most people can't follow directions

>baked goos

I have a feeling that's your main source of nutrition.

Go away jason.

No

Check the recipe thread. There was a bunch posted Or pick one from the booru
ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=cookies

Honestly this
I really like baking but it stresses me out most of the time

Measurements have to be right, mixing has to be done in a certain way. It's pretty easy to mess up, but that's what I like about it. It took me 3-4 batches to get my cookies to a state I actually was aiming for
>was so proud of my cookies damn

Also, I find baking a bit more expensive, and it's only for satisfying that need for sugar and for fun. Then again most people spend their money on way more useless shit

I don't tell a lot of people that I sometimes like to bake because of all the bullshit "I'm too retarded to do but some women aren't so it's gay huh huh gaaaay huh huh ahuh huh "

I bake something every week. I have a huge sweet tooth and love to eat some cake with my afternoon coffee.

Last week I made flan. I haven't decided what to make for this week.

Oddly enough, my gf doesnt care for pastries and baked goods.

Desserts are for obese people. It is known.

following baking instructions is boring, and i never feel like ive learnt anything from it

cooking allows for experimentation, adjusting for taste, and seeing what you could possibly do better next time

The only thing I ever baked was my brian.

What Brian? Brian Unger?

Sorry. I'm not an edtior.

Guy here. I absolutely love desserts, but when it comes to making them I have absolutely no interest. I love making savoury meals on the other hand.

Making desserts, especially baked goods, just isn't that fun. You just have to follow instructions, it feels more like work than cooking.

Guy here. I love cooking savory stuff, don't do much baking, but I love it nonetheless. They're really two different types of cooking.

For savory stuff, I mostly do everything by eye, and every time I try adding different ingredients to see what the outcomes are.

For sweet stuff, I compare recipes from the internet, make excel sheets with measurements, try adjusting them little by little and bake dozens of the same thing until I perfect it, then stick to that recipe forever. It's more of a science than cooking savory stuff.

:(

I try to follow directions but they're not detailed enough for me. The last time I tried to make a cake, I followed all the directions including using a recipe with weight instead of volume for dry ingredients. The problem is that it was still vague.
>Don't overmix.
What the fuck does this mean? Why doesn't the recipe give me some way of measuring how much the batter is supposed to be mixed? Instead I'm supposed to bake a cake multiple times until one of the cakes comes out with the right texture instead of being a thick heavy turd or partially mixed diarrhea. There are fucking probes for measuring mix consistency. Why do none of these recipes include the most important part? Even Meringue has some indication of peak height.
Fuck this bullshit. Baking recipes have shitty directions.

This is true, and it's true for pretty much all recipes, not just baking. To actually follow them you have to have at least a basic idea of what you're doing, which you have to learn either through trial or error or by being taught. For example when a recipe says medium heat, how are you meant to know what that means unless you already know what a medium heat is?

I gave up on following the directions for heat on stoves. They have widely differing amounts of heat output. It would be much better if they just listed the heat output and pan/pot temperature.

Anybody who says that baking is just following instructions and that it's simply "chemistry" has never actually baked

>tfw like baking but hate eating sweet shit

my dad bakes stuff all the time.

Just give it to your little sister.

cause MEN learn to cook from their old paw paws whom cook healthys like fillay min yawns and gormay truffels and shit, and suck down sum shampain and are real cultured and shit and WOMEN sit on there big fat butts and eat lots of cake all day cause there LAZY that's why they like to bake cakes to grow there big fat butts and thats my opinion on this site ok

Meat is more of a treat to me than sweet dessert items

Meat>Dessert

Whenever the recipe asks for sugar, use shredded jerky.

youtube.com/watchv=NFxyYYRqobw

All I could hear was this after seing OPs pic

Baking is for wusses. It is known.