Knife

>2016
>not using only the finest meteorite knife forged in the fires of mount doom and quenched with unicorn tears
but seriously, how does one convince themselves to buy something so overpriced when a cheaper knife that does the same job works just as well

Other urls found in this thread:

japanesenaturalstones.com/toyama-noborikoi-kasumi-gyuto-240mm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Morons will buy anything the media tells them to

>as you can see by my diet of exclusively Great Value dried beans and canola oil, and my kitchen consisting of a hot plate and a lodge pan and a $6 ginsu knife I fished out of a dumpster, I'm a better cook than you spoiled trust fund babies
Whatever you need to tell yourself to get you though the week, user

i'm not saying you should use a rusty railroad spike to cut your chicken but desu there's a limit on how useful a knife from space can be compare to it's cost

welcome to every board. I'm better than you because I'm poor and someone spent too much on gear once.

anons who never learn to look beyond price tags and evaluate the functional properties of a tool tend to erroneously assume that diminishing returns set in exactly where their bank account ends

It's a stupid argument though, how many people buy knives made out of a meteorite thinking it's going to perform better than S30V or some such? It's a novelty and apparently you're the only one who didn't get it. You're just making up a straw man to make yourself feel better about living in squalor.

>media
you dont know what you are talking about. read a book you plebeian

t. disgruntled man who bought the meme knife and is now defending his shitty decision

The most expensive knife I own was $105, do you know how much a meteorite knife costs?

Spend less time whining about "trust fund babies" and work on getting a job. You know, work? That thing that enables the rest of to buy decent functional tools instead of complaining?

yes, functional tools, good knives for a good price, not meme knives.

I own a couple of expensive,fancy Shun and Mac knives but my Forchner and a $10 Pinzon knives are the ones I reach for most of the time.

>mommy doesn't earn enough to afford to buy me an iphone

That's a cool looking blade but I hear they rust easily. High maintenance.

Its like a Ferrari vs a Honda Civic. They both just drive places but which is more fun to use?

Same deal here

Probably because you're afraid to scratch the nice ones, or you bought an inconvenient size

I know a fucking rich prick at University who has one of these meteorite knives.
I hate him so much. He doesn't even use it to cook. He just takes pictures of himself using it to cut Dinosaur Shaped Nuggets and tries to make girls laugh by telling them he is the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs 'and like that meteorite, he'll block out the sun but using the curtains in his bedroom not ashclouds' then winks at them.

Arrogant rich pieces of shit sicken me. I have a barely sharp piece of shit.

iPleb detected

How do people find the time and emotional investment to flood the internet with this type of picture? I can barely manage to care if my phone is charged, let alone freaking out about what brand everyone else has.

I'm perfectly happy with my Honda, and would feel like a giant douche driving around in a Ferrari. I also don't care about cars, and just see them as a means to an end.

I do enjoy cooking, and do enjoy having nice things in the kitchen that work really well.

Unless you're a race car driver, anything that gets you from point A to point B should be fine. If you cook every day the difference of quality in different knives is significant.

Obviously there are absurdly overpriced luxury items for anything, but OP sounds like the kind of person who uses a steak knife to do all his cutting and is offended by the fact that some people would spend three figures on a chef knife.

You wanna rate my knife, Veeky Forums?

my dad beats me with a plastic shrek toy.

To infinity and beyond!

I love Shrek

That's not patina, that's rust. Take care of your shit if you're going to post it.

Only poor people talk like this desu

It's not an item I'd say I need, but I would like a really fucking nice, expensive knife one day. Maybe not meme expensive, but past the $100 mark, certainly. Maybe get some Jap knives forged by hand or some shit.

But I have this everlasting boner for well made tools that goes way beyond kitchen knives. Anything created with skill that has utility just gives me the sweats. Custom firearms, hobbyist swords, old-timey watches, flint knapped stone stuff (even if that lacks real utility), ect. Handmade knives fit snugly into the category of things that make me go "hnnng" when I hold them, surpassing even my dick.

Something that when you pick it up, you just feel the care, the intent of usage that went into its creation. A tool that, when held, practically guides you into doing the thing it was made for by its own weight and balance. God it gives me a hardon.

The civic. Driving a ferrari slow is pure misery. Take it from Doug Demuro. But a civic, you can drive it hard, not give a damn about it, and have fun at street legal speeds. Also take it from Doug.

It's more like a Dodge Neon vs an E-class wagon, but poorfags make it out to be Camry vs. F1 car because to them anything even slightly nice is equally far out of reach

I have a normal sized penis and strong knife skills, so I'm happy with pic related. Meme knives are for those with something to prove

>cheaper knife that does the same job works just as well

I agree there's no reason to go completely insane on knife prices. But the fact is that a cheap-ass knife doesn't work as well as a nicer one because it requires more frequent maintenance.

Essentially people need something to 'separate' themselves from casuals. They need something to let people know "I'm better than you"

A good chef doesn't want to have the same equipment as a mom cooking hotdogs for her children.

It's the same reason why skilled athletes will buy $500 shoes when $50 are basically the same thhing

Nice job rusting your Masakage Shimo. That shit rusts faster than any other knife I've used. I prefer my Toyama Noborikoi over it very much.

>I don't care about image
>that's why paid the 500% Kimball tax
Your point would have more validity if you had bought a Dexter
t. Guy who paid the same for VG10 as you paid for a hyped up meme knife

I use a Toyama Noborikoi 240mm Gyuto as my main knife. I keep it sharp mainly with a JNS red aoto.

japanesenaturalstones.com/toyama-noborikoi-kasumi-gyuto-240mm/

it's called autism, user, and there's tons of it on the tech boards

scrub it shiny clean immediately with a sponge(not a scour) or wet soapy dishtowel and then dry it off and stick the entire edge about 1-2" deep in a couple of potatoes. leave the knife edges buried in the potatoes for about 6-24hrs and thank me later

Yeah, I used to go to /g/, eventually I grew tired of arguing over brands of consumer electronics and sperging over why women and minorities are why I'm not the CEO of EA games

I should really get around to not visiting Veeky Forums too

Don't pretend that your time is more valuable than anyone else, especially if you're on Veeky Forums.

I'm literally shitposting right now from work, my company bills more per hour for my work than most people here make in several days work. Needless to say, I hardly see any of it, but hey.

Is it "my time"? Reasonably speaking, no. But when this shit gets done compiling I'm supposed to be productive.

kek

How could you let a masakage rust you monster

I already took it off, just haven't taken a picture since. It actually just wipes off with a wet towel. It does that, even just looking at an onion the wrong way.

>mfw Veeky Forums recommended to mea Victorinox over 6 years ago
>Used it today, still as good as ever

Thanks Veeky Forums you're not all bad

>top right
Rich people don't sit that close to strangers when they're eating. That looks like a lower-middle class wedding reception. I bet there are a few iPhones in that room.

Not that I can afford an iPhone. Time rich, cash poor ftw.

>this

i use a 15$ farberware chef knife and i have to sharpen it on a stone every 2 weeks or it gets dull as shit. but it still works really well when it is sharp, just doesnt hold its edge long

>look at how much I don't care, heh
>seriously I don't even care at all, look

that thing looks pretty rad.
i'm going to buy one

Not really man. It's probably a wedding reception and after working s great number of them at an upscale country club that looks about right for a large reception

Holy shit that's hilarious.

Yeah I figured it for a wedding reception, but it looks exactly like the ones I've been to, and I've never known any rich people. Middle-class at best.

Can't really comment for lack of experience, but I assumed a function for the rich would have a lot more elbow room. From hearing about rich people restaurants/functions from other people, you'd expect to be able to park your limousine right by your table.

You must go to some shitty ass weddings if they were like that. Look at the banners. Its a fund raiser or something. Nobody fucking advertises or posts sponsors at a wedding.