>"OK go ahead"
>I start eating
>she's still got her phone out
>ask her who she is texting
>"Oh no user, I'm just instagramming this"
>sarcastically ask if she is going to put it on Yelp too
>she says yes
>go home and never call her again

Are women just a meme you can cum inside? I totally feel why restaurants are banning people who do this. I was embarrassed but that is what I get for trying to plug a 23 year old

Other urls found in this thread:

umich.edu/~ece/student_projects/food/rules.htm
grantourismotravels.com/2013/10/01/asian-food-etiquette-eating-drinking-dining-etiquette/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not a sushi.

But I went to a mongolian hotpot restaurant that actually gave us extra food on the one condition that we send pictures of it out on social media.

The free lamb kabobs were worth it.

I don't want to believe you but it's not terribly far-fetched

Yes.
Also life sucks.
Also you should have killed yourself at age 21.

If a broad whips out a phone on a first date, she will not enjoy a second date. Basic fucking courtesy - pay attention to your company. Stow the damn phone for a few hours.

You were in the right, OP.

>go on date at sushi restaurant

There's your first mistake

>starts eating before she does
>implying she'd even consider another date with you

nope

Fuck you I was hungry

>Fuck you I was hungry
No excuse for bad manners.

Agreed. First dates should be at a bbq restaurant. Order ribs for two. Messy as fuck and she has no option but to let her guard down and get sauce all over her hands and face. That's a quick way to break the ice and get to know someone - when they're vulnerable. It's a make or break situation. She's either a prude or someone who likes to have fun and be happy.

why do you say that?

>Are women just a meme you can cum inside?
Jesus christ

>after you, m'lady

Fuck off. He's not far off.

Oh so if I don't feel comfortable showing my most vulnerable side on a first date I'm doomed to being forever alone?

TFW our chef wants us to plate things in anticipation of things getting instagrammed, slightly loose sauces, counting on carryover etc.

I disagree, but I just mostly thought the phrasing was funny, the meme shit has gone to its furthest extreme

No. You're doomed to being a forever alone because your autism reads too much into what I wrote. The point is, create a light-hearted situation where you both show a vulnerable side instead of being an insufferable stiff.

That sounds like a bad time to me. I'd prefer sitting silently, uncomfortably in front of my date until he awkwardly leaves

I've been to at least 4 bars in the last year who said if I show them my 5 star review on yelp they would give me 50% off or a free drink or somesuch. One even advertised this fact in their window

was it good though?

>counting on carryover
I'm not in the industry so what do you mean by this?

i like that idea -- to encourage both parties to show a silly, vulnerable side. got me thinking about dates. formal dates suck. being formal sucks, too.

I live in a flyover so obviously I've had better in Cali or NYC but this place is probably the best I've had in town. They do some considerable volume so they are able to fly in fresh fish every other day from various markets. Not ideal but it ain't defrosted tilapia and cream cheese

I dunno, I mean I get the idea and it is a pretty good one honestly, but where I'm from it is also quite important for someone to be able to observe decorum and etiquette. I know it is different in some situations and that is what this guy is driving at, but if a girl (or guy) doesn't know how to behave in a more formal setting it says something about their background. Maybe I care, maybe I don't, it depends, but my mother has never liked my gf since she licked her fingers instead of using a napkin exclusively at the first meal we had together with her

this has to be sarcasm...right?

Your girlfriend sounds like a pig, then. Licking fingers is for outdoor, summer barbecues where everyone has been drinking beer since 9 am. Otherwise doesn't everyone know NOT TO??!

>Licking fingers

Why are you going out with a nigger?

If your "most vulnerable side" is getting a bit of bbq sauce on your hands and face then you my friend have a privileged fucking existence

Try telling someone your alcoholic father beat you and your aunt molested you when you were 7

I'm guessing carryover is what he uses to call taking the dish from the kitchen to the table

45 year old man here. I act just like this girl. Maybe she and I would get along? Please share her Instagram

Was the aunt hot?

You attract shit tier women. My gf gets very annoyed by people on their phones all the time.

>Try telling someone your alcoholic father beat you and your aunt molested you when you were 7

I think it's cute you think telling someone that makes you vulnerable. First of all, that seems like ever other bitch you meet. Second of all, I've met bitches you tell you shit like that before you even go on a date.

The worst part about being a moron like you is not knowing you're a moron and continually embarrassing yourself in public.

Who the fuck said "MOST" vulnerable?

Go deep throat some razor wire.

>you can tell by someone's tinder profile if they are going to be a shit at restaurants

m8 come on

How the fuck it is sarcasm? It's bad manners to eat before anyone else at the table is eating. Has some fuckin patience.

>everyone is sitting at the table
>food arrives
>nobody picks up their utensils
>everyone waiting for someone else to make the first move
>10 minutes pass
>perfectly cooked meal starting to get cold
>the dead eyes of these stodgy retards are frantically darting about to find someone who will make the first move
>it is 30 minutes later, food is now room temperature
>someone picks up their fork and stabs a piece of carrot
>he is expelled from the premises for bad manners
>the rest of the party dines with the satisfaction that they are more civilized than that brute they later set the dogs on

yeah sounds great fuckwit

>starts eating before she finishes the meal
How are you going to make sure she gets every bit of nutrients from her food if you're too busy stuffing your face

>you should never eat before other people at the table
> no one ever starts eating for fear of being rude
>no one ever enjoys they meal

Translation: I've never dined with other people.

You wait for the person who cooked the meal or the host to start eating. That's it, you remote cave denizen. It isn't complicated to be polite and exercise proper etiquette. I'm sorry you were never raised properly. We do things differently outside of the trailer park.

What if your at a restaurant?

Wait for the chef to come out and tell you its ok to start

I found some ancient hieroglyphics that when translated read, "Ladies first."

I wonder what it means.

>host must eat before their guests

you are either the worst troll or truly a dumbass doing an absolute shit job at damage control for your shitty opinions

What if you go out to eat with a male friend? Why about too faggots eating out does the bottom have to eat first?
What about lesbians how do they decide then? What about transgenders under this law of politeness do they eat according to their new gender or their original gender

It means misogyny is still cool today so have at it bro. Lord knows I don't let my wife carry luggage or handle money

Mind blowing.
If I was about to walk into a joint and saw that sign I would 360 degree moonwalk out of there so fast my fedora would spin.

What was it like growing up down in the holler, Jeb? Did you attend the hootenanny?

Do whatever you feel is right. You're too much of a half brained moron to figure simple shit out for yourself. How do you even remember to breathe?

id say new gender.

I have never, EVER heard ANYONE claim that a host should eat before their guests. It is almost universally the other way around. You should probably out yourself as being from some backwards shithole where the patriarch eats first or some shit before you embarrass yourself like this again

kek

Sums this place up pretty good doesn't it

Wow your that dumb you didn't realize I was poking fun at user for saying that ladies always eat first otherwise it's rude

>holds strict views on etiquette based on gender
>someone questions these retarded views with reasonable counter
>I know, I'll call him a moron!

If I were your partner in debate club I would quit and join the lacrosse team. Listen here Emily Post, I get that you are posting from beyond the grave but you need to lighten up about this

> old school battletoads

At least sushi is room temperatures, bitches who do this with hot food or ice cream are the worst. My sister-in-law does this with every meal and insists that she takes picture's of everyone's food. Tasting menus with her are the bane of my existence.

are you from fucking khazakhstan or some shit

This shit seriously ended my last relationship. It wasn't just the food either she would post EVERY. FUCKING. THING. To the point I couldn't finish a conversation with someone at a social function with out hearing that shrill BBBBAAAAAAaabbabeeee come take a picture with mMMMEEEeeee. I here that shit in my nightmares now. Holy fuck I'm talking to some one how about have the common decency to be aware of others. I'm a perfectly reasonable person and I get wanting a picture or two at a family event but I really take issue with this mentality that getting a bunch of people together just to have them running around taking pictures is a reasonable use of a day. Everything we did was like that even when we would be having a bad day where I was mad at her for something stupid or vice versus the camera would fucking come out and I would get a 20 taking to about how I didn't love her or care about her because I didn't smile in the 1000th picture of us eating a pancake. What the fuck. I see this shit on a date and I'm out the door before the aps show up.

photography was a mistake

I want to give you a bro hug and give you a solo cup full of liquor of questionable origin

Thanks man. I really loved her but there were some things we just couldn't see eye to eye on.
>MFW any event with a photobooth

pull this shit with an asian under 30 and you got yourself a new stereotype

why tf do asian girls in LA think Yelp is a god dam job holy shit

london?

Agreed. Pay attention to your date.

Not the user but you are totally wrong.

You and others like you are probably American, but elsewhere it's considered the done thing to wait until the host starts (unless they tell you to carry on)

jesus christ what happened here. fucking normie infestation.

So you are impeccable and never get sauce on fingers at BBQ, wings, or crawfish boils? Or do you only eat these foods at extreme upscale establishments.

If I was eating wings outside on the patio at the local dive bar and my mother in law lectured me for licking my fingers I'd laugh in her face and tell her to go grab me more napkins or some wet wipes if it bothered her so. I always go to the bathroom to wash my hands after because if you touch your face after eating wings or crawfish it burns like the sun's surface

Not every meal is a formal occasion, and you end up being excluded if you don't relax in casual food environments.

You're meeting people on tinder and complaining about the quality of the women? She met you using a fuckin phone of all places. What makes you think she wouldn't be glued to it for everything else? Dumbass.

Yeah you're definitely a low class dip shit. Have some damn patience.

No its not you uncultured swine, hosts eat last in formal English, French, and Asian cultures. Elderly family and adult guests are asked to dine, and the hosts actually carve the meat and serve. Or younger serve their elders if we're talking Asia.

umich.edu/~ece/student_projects/food/rules.htm
grantourismotravels.com/2013/10/01/asian-food-etiquette-eating-drinking-dining-etiquette/

>No its not you uncultured swine, hosts eat last in formal English, French, and Asian cultures.
>English, French
O Rly????

I'm afraid you are totally wrong son.

PS. never even bothered with your links.

You were taught poorly. Also - no one cares what orientals do.

Don't lump all Americans into this. I'm the one who originally brought up you should wait and I'm American. It's just polite.

Please accept my most humble apology user.

You should put that in the review. I was paid to give this bar 5 stars.
Bam more free stuff for everyone.

I have never came inside this place.

Trust me, I've tried.

My gf does that too, but she has really shitty memory and compulsively organizes photos by day so she does not forget in the future. At least she is not instagramming it I guess .

>these people
>"normal"

not in a million years.

my university had a "dinning etiquette event " and we learned to wait for the host to start eating.
we also learned that
> the guest of honor sits to the right of the host.
>Men pull the chair out for ladies
> you use the cutlery on the outside a nd work your way in
> hands should always be visible and resting on the table
> to signal you are done with a plate place the knife and fork at " 2:00 oclock"
> if you are still eating place them at "pause position"

I'm not saying that the culture of waiting for everyone to get their meal makes sense but you're definitely underaged for not being aware of it.

I say fuck it. If we are at a restaurant and everyone has their food, or part of the table got their food and the staff says that it will be more than a few more min for the rest then I am breaking the ice and eating if everyone else is too afraid to do so. Im not paying a premium of my money to watch my food get cold and have a sub par experience for the sake of politeness.

9/10 people are happy that they can now eat guilt free and without the risk of committing some faux pas.

Does not apply if meal is prepared by a friend and served at their home.

I'm not fully sure who you're talking about but yes, the people OP is talking about are hyper-normie and the people in this thread who go on dates (especially the tinder guy) are very much normies.

Simple, basic, all American etiquette.

low quality males get low quality females and if that is a picture of her I'm sorry for you

This. That's rude as shit. Not a good sign when a first date pays more attention to her phone than you. Who would want to go on a second date with a woman like that? I she takes a picture of you, or the two of you or something like that, that might be cool. But OP's date sounds like an asshole.

They don't all suck. Hang in there.

It's literally in the guy he is responding to's post
learn to read jfc

It is indeed a custom for the host to eat before the others. It originates from the medieval ages where a host would have to "prove" to his guests that he is not trying to poison them all by tasting the food first.

Sometimes i feel that way.. Then at night when i am cold i get a hug from behind and i hear the slow beathing from my gf and i feel like the richest man on earth.

no you wouldn't

>dinner etiquette
How fucking bourgeoise can you get?

>actually following the "ladies first" meme
Do you want to look like a doormat? Because that's how you look like a doormat.

Best shit I've ever read here

I wish I lived in london, all the guys on Veeky Forums seem to live there
it's all I've ever known. What if it turns out that when I let go of my inhibitions there's nothing underneath? I'd rather live with the delusion that there's a likable person underneath my inhibitions than find out otherwise.

this hit too close to home

fuck

Even paupers exercise proper etiquette, you stooge.

There's nothing wrong with being a prude