Non rootbeer floats

Rootbeer is the go to soda to make a float with, but what are some other soda and ice cream combinations that work? I've had some success with grape and big red with vanilla. Gimme some ideas Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3QmtV8vT0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dr p

Faygo Rock & Rye

Orange crush. Your welcome in advance m8

Guinness

Orange cow

Juggalo detected.

Provocative!

Do any fast food locations sell floats besides A&W? There are none around me.

Culvers does.

Big red or another cream soda.

Culvers is the bomb. They are the hoop-diggity. They are down with the sickness.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3QmtV8vT0

Mum told me about how she had ice cream and ginger beer in Spain when she was but a lass.

i feel like the root beer float is kind over kill
like a good root beer on its own can be enjoyed as a desert just wiht how creamy it is
i havent had a float in years though, maybe i should try

in Michigan they do Vernor's and vanilla ice cream. it's not very good at all.

I live in the metro Detroit area. Vernor's around here replaces penicillin and most other medication. Have an upset stomach? Drink Vernors. Flu? Vernors. Got your leg chopped off on Zug Island? Have a Vernors.

where you at? I was in Ann Arbor for school and a little while after graduating.

my grandma used to always give us 7up when our tummys were upset.

>A&W
>"All American Food"
>A&W restaurants are way more prevalent in Canada than in the US

Lemonade with vanilla.

Used to drink it a lot in the summer as a lad.

"Butterbeer" float - cream soda with a shot of butterscotch schnapps and vanilla ice cream

Wyandotte near Emmons and Biddle.

Sprite.

My favorite floats are rootbeer, 7up, and orange crush, but honestly pretty much anything works.

This is my friends, orange crush and vanilla is just as good as rootbeer

Welcome to the Americas, we are divided in to three, North, central, and south

If you can find the really spicy ginger ale called Blenheim's, it's good with vanilla ice cream. Dad called it a London Fog.

Cook out, they do a Cheerwine float, shit's good

you live is south america don't you

Vanilla Bean ice cream with Orange Crush
Fudge Ripple ice cream with Dr Pepper
Orange Pineapple Ice Cream in Mountain dew

When I first read your post, I wondered why you left out the east and west coast. Then it hit me - you're talking about non-American places.

Sun Drop and lime sherbert

Trust me in this

>sherbert

Mah nigga

Dr. Pepper with a rainbow sherbert up top is the fucking shit.

For legit ice cream, float some Cherry Garcia on a Pepsi, because Coke is sweet enough as is.

If you're feeling brave, drop some pineapple sherbert in piƱa colada Four Loko or a cocktail of 1 part Malibu Pineapple and 2 parts Coconut Wave from Walmart.

The only soda float that I've ever found to actually taste good is vanilla ice cream and melon fanta.

I'm from a super shity country in North America, and I'm not talking about Canada

A blend of alcoholic root beer (Not Your Dad's) and A&W with vanilla ice cream, wasn't bad, wasn't great.

7UP

What is root beer made of?
I assume it's either the root of some sort of plant, or a plant made out of root.
How do you think people discovered these sorts of things?

Root beer is a brown sweet beverage traditionally made using the root beer tree Sassafras albidum (sassafras) or the vine Smilax ornata (sarsaparilla) as the primary flavor. Root beer may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic, and may be carbonated or non-carbonated. Most root beer has a thick foamy head when poured. Modern, commercially produced root beer is generally sweet, foamy, carbonated, and non-alcoholic, and is flavoured using sassafras. It may or may not contain caffeine.

Based carolina cookout bro, only thing i miss more than 3am cookout is based vinegar bbq

>no moxie floats

Are you fuckers even trying?

what the fuck is rock & rye?

Vanilla and Orange Crush
Vanilla and Sprite

a delicious combination of pop rocks and rye whiskey.

Pineapple Fanta with codeine syrup

Red cream soda.

Go for a Boston Cooler OP (made with Vernors).

>Not very good
Eat a bag of jungly dicks.

Vernors and vanilla ice cream is a Boston Cooler invented in Detroit.

Big Red floats are fucking amazing.

but it was founded in California, you hoser.

How bad is Haiti?

Kroger has a bunch of awesome flavors of cheap soda that make amazing fucking floats.

The peach and pineapple are both particularly good.

i love root beer floats but a big red float is a classic soda also nugrape or orange crush makes a good float

Y'all need to step it the fuck up.

the master race special; cream soda, vanilla iced cream topped with white chocolate fudge and blueberries

I will trust you anons

Where do you find these, what are they?

[VOMITING INTENSIFIED]
Hmm maybe I'm not vomiting, maybe I am.

I'd like to try a pineapple crush float. I think it would work well. But I can't find it around here.

orange cream soda makes a good float actually any cream soda makes a good float

I came from a 7-Up family but my wife is a Vernors when sick person.

If you don't mind the instant diabetes you can try this.

Coke floats are god-tier user

>tfw getting cheerwine float from Cook-Out

Cook-Out is the only reason I'd ever go back to NC

I'll see your Guinness and raise you a Young's Double Chocolate Stout in the can with the nitrogen widget.

cheerwine floats are a regional thing (maybe just north carolina?) they specifically have them at a fastfood chain here so i'm pretty sure its not just talk but somebody actually drinks them

>Young's Double Chocolate float
Genius

I do and I'm from Maryland. It's not that difficult to find. I just saw a bottle of it today at Mission BBQ in Glen Burnie.

Try Fresca or Squirt

Why have I never heard of Cactus Cooler before? That shit looks amazing. Is it regional?

try root beer and parrot bay with rum raisin ice cream.

the only fault is the raisins, but you can just sift those out as you drink.

southwest only.

I visited Maine and was sad that I couldn't get any of it out there.

Ive never seen cheerwine in my life but I'll look for it the next time I travel through the mid atlantic.

>southwest
I'm on the Texas border and I've never seen cactus cooler. Is it in Arizona or something?

I grew up in glorious nippon so melon float is the classic float to me, really nostalgic taste.

If you're in New England, there's a kitchen store near me that sells it. It tastes a bit like cough syrup. Store is Kitchen and Company in New Hampshire

How does this taste?

Pistacio and cream soda is tastey as fuck

It's a southern soda. They've recently done some national expansion but as far as I know it's difficult to find outside of the south, while they have it in Walmart and other grocery stores here in North Carolina. It's a cherry cola. Truly one of the best sodas I've found.

Cheerwine floats are good. They're even sold at a regional burger chain called Cookout, but I rarely get them from Cookout because they have 40 flavors of 1000kcal milkshakes that you can mix and match however you want. They're cheap and burgers are decent too.

CA for sure, huge presence here.

I love Dr. Pepper but the floats are just above "meh" tier. Cola and root beer work much better.

It's basically an orange creamsicle in float form, which is a pretty solid choice.

I haven't tried it, but I did just have a cantaloupe aguas fresca and it inspired me to try a cactus cooler with cantaloupe vanilla ice cream float.

Sounds like a solid idea to me.

>be me
>live in California
>only seen one A&W
>it was a joint restaraunt with kfc
True story

It's Delaware down to SC thing, maybe as far as Georgia

VA here, see it all the time. It's like Dr Pepper but with more cherry.

Orange sherbet with Dr. Pepper

God tier float: strawberry ice cream with sprite

Orange soda does not go well with chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream. I suspect it wouldn't work with any ice cream that has peanut butter in it.

>cactus cooler
Wasn't this the name of a drink from The Flintstones?

i hope so.

Oh my God, this is probably exactly what I always imagined butterbeer tasted like. Thank you, kinda user, for giving me something to look forward to

Grape soda + good vanilla is something I've only tried recently but it was amazing.

you guys made me want to make a float. then i remember i haven't bought soda in years

oh shit that looks bomb

1. Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a bowl
2. Drizzle about 1/4 cup of B&B over the ice cream
3. Optionally, sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top
4. ?????
5. PROFIT