Rapid Lamb BBQ

Veeky Forums,

Many of you will express disgust, but this is a delicious way to run through a quick BBQ, without spending all day monitoring your meat.

Subject: Frenched Lamb

Bare with me, I'm BBQ'ing this as I post.

Pick a good wood. Lamb goes pretty good with Mesquite. You only need enough to burn for about an hour. It's not an all day thing like brisket, or ribs.

Wash off your wood to get the gunk off.

Dry that wood out in the sun after you wash it off

I thought you said quick.

Quick compared to BBQing brisket or pork shoulder/butt.

Don't forget to use the char-wood left over from your last BBQ. Char-wood is delicious.

Get yourself a cheap cut of lamb. Don't need to be great, you're not cooking it rare. No problem if it's been previously frozen, or shipped from some shit country like New Zealand.

Don't do anything fancy, just put pepper on it.

Unless the butcher was a retard and left a massive fat cap, leave that fat cap intact.

crush salt on there too. Forgot to mention that.

A lot of people like to use chimney cans to start their wood fire. That's dumb, just use a blow torch. Who cares what started the fire? As long as there's not lighter fluid or charcoal, everything is great.

Blow torch 100%.

Use that blow torch to get that fire going.

Only start with one small log. Toss the rest on later. Only gotta last an hour.

Now toss that meat up inside that smoker

oh my god

you have no idea what you're doing

Leave it in there for 30 minutes before you do anything. Keep the temperature in the smoker between 200 and 300. Don't need to be precise, just don't let it go lower or higher than that range.

That's true but it tastes really good, is super tender, falls off the bone, and the fat tastes like bacon

I skipped a part.

After you flip it, keep it between 300-400 for another 30 mins.

The pull it out of there and throw it directly on the burning wood/embers for like 20 seconds. Then let it sit for a while.

fuk of m8. NZ lamb is delicious.

The "lamb" that NZ ships to the US is really mutton, like what I just smoked.

In the US we don't differentiate between lamb and mature sheep meat. We call everything lamb.

That's how I picked up this delicious "lamb" for $8.00. Cuz it's really mutton.

Dude, is that picture supposed to show that you're finished eating? That leftovermeat can feed an whole african village.

Amerifats obsess over wasted food. They force themselves to eat EVERY bite, even when portions are inappropriately large.

OP, looks good.

I have about 60 of those racks in the freezer, but they're much smaller. I was thinking about trying to smoke them, but was nervous they'd dry out to quick. Maybe I'll give them a shot...

im american and i can say this is true, but our excuse is that our catholic duty is to not waste food. guess they never taught how we can save it for later.

>wastrels

you'll be mulch for the communal gardens when the revolution comes.

some people never do eat their left overs I swear, but I fucking do, and ops bullshit triggers me if he didn't