Vegan/Vegetarians

Vegan/Vegetarian Veeky Forumss do you guys even exist -also what did you eat today?

Breakfast - Blueberry and Banana Smoothie

Lunch- Tofu teriyaki noodles

Dinner- About to eat now... Might have beans coz I don't feel like putting effort into dinner

Anyone care to share some recipes?

Other urls found in this thread:

pinterest.com/vfortheanimals/
seriouseats.com/2016/03/menu-pricing-vegan-vegetarian-meat.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fyi you're all faggots.

Relax user I'm not the kind that shoves veganism down your throat

you have no idea just how accurate that is.

Being vegan only makes sense in an industrialized food production system that renders animal products suspect in both healthfulness and ethics.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with toasted walnuts.

Dinner (last night): mushrooms sauteed in olive oil, garlic and paprika, chickpeas and spinach (Spanish style), eggplant stew (Spanish style), Moroccan spiced carrots, green olives and homemade wholegrain bread. With a couple glasses of Spanish white wine.

Sounds lovely, can't say I'm a fan of frying spinach but whatever floats your boat. Got any recipes to share?

Just had horseradish lentils, it's goat.
Also ginger/garlic lentils.

Just finished preping some tofu for tomorrow. I'm thinking of having stir fry, nothing too complicated.

The spinach is sauteed in olive oil. Here it is:

Saute a little onion in olive oil. Add garlic. Add spinach one handful at a time, stirring until wilted. Add cooked chickpeas and season with salt, cumin and paprika. Simmer. If the spinach throws off too much liquid use more paprika to thicken until liquid is like a thin gravy.

You won me over with cumin. That's shit is like heroin to me.

There are a few Andalusian recipes that still bear the history of Moorish cooking, even though most Moorish dishes were "baptized" on the Iberian by the addition of pork. The joke is that to a Spaniard ham is a vegetable. But if you look through Spanish cuisine you can find a number of vegetable dishes that happen to be vegan, and lean pretty heavy on the olive oil and cumin. Worth looking into when you get stuck for ideas. A vegan tapas seems absurd, but it sure as fuck can be done.

Eggplant here, don't associate us with your bullshit.

Butternut chickpea curry. Don't have an oven, so I nuked the squash in the microwave and crisped it on the electric skillet before making the curry.

>Breakfast
Rolled oats with 2 bananas cut up and soymilk instead of water, with cinnamon

>Lunch
Lentils (masoor dal), strawberries and raw cashews (yes I know raw cashews aren't truly raw)

>Dinner
Indian food

> Breakfast
Pan fried corn tortillas with pine nut hummus, iceberg lettuce, and my vegan chili.

> Lunch
Water

> Dinner
Pan fried corn tortillas with fresh made guacamole.

It's been a lazy day for food. Will probably eat a salad or popcorn if I get hungry before bed and will have a glass of scotch as well. Maybe two.

>Breakfast
Rolled oats and 1/2 a banana cut into some Greek Yogurt

>Lunch
Sandwich: Two pieces of rye with a thin slice of cheese, an egg, some greens, and pepper.

>Dinner
TBD

Fatty

Lunch: leftovers from dinner here Dinner tonight: Tofu in spicy bean sauce, broccoli and bunashimeji mushrooms in brown garlic sauce, sesame spinach and rice

Total calories for the day were 1700-2000. At 6'2" and working a physically involving job plus daily exercises I think I'm doing just fine despite wanting to lose more weight. Enjoy your reply either way.

I WANT TO FUCK THAT SQUASH

>Breakfast
Bowl of hot oatmeal with apples and cinnamon, two slices of toast with peanut butter, glass of orange juice

>Lunch
Hummus wrap with spinach, tomatoes and pickles, with crackers on the side, and a cup of coffee.

>Dinner
Mushrooms and rice with a few veggie cutlets done up in the oven and BBQ sauce.

People like you disgust me. I hope you die while being raped and tortured by a 350 pound sadist who likes sticking sticks of butter into your asshole as he rapes your other extremities. Your answer? Fucking make some fucking Quinoa and add all the vegan faggot shit to it as you must. Better yet, just go to a field and tear the seeds off the plants like a fucking cow. It will be more 'nutritional' that way.

Get your head stuck into a barbed wire fence while the bull male rapes your behind, but it's OK because you were able to get to the no-pesticide vegan spinach on the other side. Good for you, now you can shit out all that cum.

Holy shit, you can also just go into the yard and start eating the dandelion flowers and leaves and other shit. You'll last until winter, then you'll have no choice but to kill others and eat them, then rape the remains of their bodies, because God knows, an animal's life is more important than some shitty humans. Have a good night, cannibal fucker.

>"vegans are so pushy!"
>i know, i'll threaten them with extreme violence
>nothing pushy or political there

I didn't threaten you with anything retard, I only wished for your prolonged death.

I exist.

Had vegan tacos today and vegan tom kha soup w/ rice as well as some purple sweet potatoes.

u mad?

Just found out i got wild raddish growing in my garden today.
Breakfast: 4 tomatoes and almond milk
Lunch: left over potatoes with broccoli and fried some garbonzo beans to go with it
Dinner: brown rice with some lentils and quinoa
I stopped adding oil to my rice and it comes out the same as far as I can tell, slowly learning how to remove as many uneeded ingredients as possible.

>yoghurt
>egg

That's not vegan gtfo of this thread

Didn't read.
I was going to congratulate you on the wild radishes till I saw your breakfast. Why're you mixing savoury and sweet like that?

Also I removed salt from my diet a long time ago and when I tasted someone else's cooking the salt just gave me a headache. Have you tried using a rice cooker for your rice?

I didnt mix them together
I just had almond milk first thing in the morning and juggled tomatoes on my way to class
I normally have a balanced breakfast of carbs and fruit

Same here, except I have mine in smoothie form so much nicer that way

breakfast was potato bread with almond butter

lunch was an apple, some macadamias and an agave sweetened almond milk tea

dinner was curried lentils over brown rice

I wanna make hummus but my homemade tahini never tastes right

Hummus is easier to make and turns out alright, in my experience that is.

you need tahini to make hummus?
it's a staple to the flavor

You can use store brought tahini instead of making it yourself.

I ate a big chicken.

how do i stop being a fat vegan? help :(

swear off refined sugars and junk food.

breakfast - bananas and some raspberries and honeydew melon in coconut milk with some oats.

lunch - couscous salad

dinner - not sure yet but im thinking lettuce cups with potatoes and then some kind of sorbet.

>Breakfast
Zuchinni and Goats cheese fritters (ate at a cafe on the way to work)
>Lunch
Salad roll and a scone
>Dinner
Harissa Lentil mix (simmered til it was mushy af) in burger rolls with lettuce, tomato, avocado and h/m tsatziki

I've found it's pretty easy to be vego since changing

>Hey guys lets just eat all the seeds!

Then they'll be no plants you selfish assholes, I hope you all die.

Tried butternut squash today, it smells like watermelon raw, but after I baked it it smelled like an eggplant and then tasted like candy. What the fuck?

It says vegetarian in the OP retard

Guys, I suck at cooking and I don't have many ideas for vegan cooking in general, aside the usual "pasta/rice/tofu with x vegetables/legumes"
Do you have a good ressource for creative vegan recipes?

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - spicy Asian tofu with rice
Dinner - Spinach, beans, broccoli, ras al hanut, and quinoa

questions for the vegans: do you guys stop using palm oil/ products which use palm oil as well?

Haha Jesus. I genuinely laughed. See, posts like that could make me turn into someone hateful that sees the world in black and white too. But I don't care, it's just funny to see how stuck up you are.
I think you're associating vegans with a certain image that some fashionnable instagram vegans show online. Or annoying extremists.
Besides that, why would you hate someone that's trying to do good without harming you in any way?
Please, honeslty think about that. If something like this makes you mad, there's nothing to be fixed for us, the reason may come for you. Why are you angry at the concept of veganism? Go deeper and find what causes anger in you.

Sorry, english is not my first language and in these times I may sound like an old preachy faggot, but yeah.

>Also I removed salt from my diet a long time ago and when I tasted someone else's cooking the salt just gave me a headache.

You are one paranoid retard.

You do like other people of your gender in a sexual context though

Vegetarian here. What's up homie?

Today I ate
Breakfast: Toasted everything bagel w/ cream cheese. (NYC does them super well)
Lunch: Eggplant italian mozarella wrap. IDK, it was free at a thing that I went to.
Dinner: Egg, avocado, and soy chorizo in a flour tortilla.

I just saw pic related vegetarian/vegan pate recipe and I really wanna try this next.

I don't come here often, but I exist. For breakfast I ate some French toast sticks from Burger King because I read they were vegan and waited three days to be able to try them. Not worth it but I'm glad I got over my craving for French toast sticks. Then I ate a banana, and four microwaved potatoes with Earth Balance. Not sure what I'll have for dinner yet but I have some celery sticks in my refrigerator waiting to become ants on logs. I'm supposed to be doing a strictly fruit, root vegetables, and greens cleanse with no salt or oil but hardly any of the fruit I bought for it is ripe yet so I'm gonna officially start tomorrow. But this is the kind of food I would normally eat: pinterest.com/vfortheanimals/ Too many recipes to pick one to share.

Why is that squash looking at me like that.......

WHY IS THE SQUASH LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?!?!?!

>It's fine for the animal agriculture industry to shove animal torture and the destruction of the planet for current and future generations but the second a vegan has a harsh opinion of it they're being an asshole.

Okay.

Breakfast: cheerios

Lunch: coffee

Dinner: beer

Tbh nobody cares about what vegetarians eat. Absolutely no point in being vegetarian. Might as well be a meat eater.

Sorry if you have good intentions but I gotta tell you it does fuck all for animals.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 1/4 cup walnuts, a banana
Lunch: Rice, lentils, spinach, extra virgin olive oil on top
Dinner: Chickpeas, spinach, broccoli, 2 kiwi, small sweet potato

Had a cliff bar and a hemp protein/almond milk shake around 2 pm since I had to do a lot of lifting at work today

He was being sarcastic bb
Y so sensitive about ur weight tho?

Is it possible to eat healthy on just grains and nuts? Vegetables are too gross.

I've been a vegan who mostly just ate beans and grains withe the rare vegetable and fruit and I've survived but I wouldn't claim it was a healthy diet. I'm changing my habits. Is there not a single vegetable you like prepared certain ways? Like, I used to think I hated sweet potatoes til I had them sliced into discs and baked with Tony's Creole seasoning. Also I think if you keep trying different vegetables your tastes will adjust and you'll start to enjoy them. That's part of growing up after growing up on a diet of hot dogs, mac 'n' cheese, and cereal (I speak for myself on this one). When I became vegan I became more open to trying different things and realized I liked a loooot of stuff I used to think I hated. Like cooked spinach, sweet potatoes, tofu, etc., etc. It's all about how you prepare them. My first and only previous experience with cooked spinach was some shit that came from a can so of course it was nasty but it ruined the appeal for me til I went to an Indian restaurant and tried their tofu saag (at that time I thought I hated soft tofu, spinach, AND Indian food but the combination of all three created the best thing I've ever eaten.)

RECIPE:

Quinoa and black bean salad:

1 cup dry quinoa
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup chopped cilantro
3 limes, juiced
1-2 jalapeƱos, fresh or pickled, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp salt
2 tsp cumin

1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Meanwhile, rinse 1 cup quinoa well in fine mesh strainer. Add quinoa to boiling water, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain well over fine mesh strainer; quinoa holds a lot of water and should be drained. You may even return drained quinoa to hot pan to help dry out completely.
2. Incorporate remaining ingredients and serve hot, or refrigerate and serve cold.
3. Do not continue to cook over high heat to reduce, which will cause black beans to run color into the rest of the dish. If overly wet, drain, then serve.

fancy oatmeal, pepe e cacio, shitty amys burrito, kale chard tomato salad

gonna have some sour patch kids and a soy/rice/pea protein shake before bed

I don't care, you're still a conformist asshole.

Veganism is bad because having it become a trend will change things. Soon, 90% of the West will be vegan which means farmers have no reason to sell meat or real good anymore because it wouldn't make money. Veganism is a trend that spread like cancer that is only spreading because of conformist assholes that are slaves to the actions of their peers. We need to put a stop to this.

Can't tell if being sarcastic or not desu.

Why the fuck did it make it say desu? Holy fuck I want to punch something. I swear to god I don't talk like a weeaboo. Fuck Veeky Forums.

I'd like it to become more mainstream than it is because then maybe prices for fresh produce that are prone to spoilage unlike dairy and frozen meat would fall. Then maybe a nice salad or vegetable/pasta main course would not cost as much as steak or lobster.
seriouseats.com/2016/03/menu-pricing-vegan-vegetarian-meat.html

reddit would suit your tastes much more. Just leave, it'll be better for your happiness and will also drastically increase the quality of this website for everyone else.

Lol. Sorry. I give you 20% chance of being a shill. Or just downright addicted to meat.

The /pol/ level of posts on Veeky Forums is disturbingly high on other boards since /pol/ is filled with shills, so my gaydar detects you as seriously deep down the slavery road either way.

I'm a vegan and I want this world to change. Starting with me. Debate me, don't flame me.