>mom is bad at cooking but won't let you cook

You would just burn your chicken tendies when you get distracted by something.

This was my life
My mom would back chicken breast with a single squirt of store bought BBQ sauce on it. No other seasoning. We ate that shit for a month once.

did she ever try baking it?

Back was supposed to be baking*
My PTSD kicked in and I couldn't type well remembering the dried out husks of what was once chicken breast.

>over 18
>living with mommy
shiggydiggerydo

>Not saving up for a few years before moving out

JUST

>Offering your hand for the jew leech to stick on instead of moving to your own when you actually can afford to do it proper.

>be me in HS
>mother doesn't allow me to cook, is afraid I might cut or burn myself irreparably
>conditioned to fear the kitchen as a death trap apart from the refrigerator
>go to college, eat at dining halls
>move off campus
>am finally equipped with a kitchen
>despite this I am eating almost exclusively chinese takeout and turkey sandwiches
>my roommate cooks
>he seems pretty good at it
>offers me some
>it is better than anything my mother was ever able to slap together
>"Hey man where did you learn to cook like this? It's really good"
>"My mother taught me. I was chopping vegetables at age 7"

I was shocked. Then I got so jealous I actually cried softly into my pillow later that night. Thank fuck he was able to teach me over the course of a year

Hows the studio apartment with the 500 dollar civic life working out for you user?

I'm 40 and live in an old farmhouse on 5 acres.

When I graduated HS, I immediately moved into a small 2 bedroom with 2 of my friends. We all worked, and we all payed our own way through college.

Don't be a leech. Go to an affordable school if that's the route you're going through in life and move into the dorms. Or, if you are not pursuing higher education, get out of their hair by getting a job and moving out. Let them put their hard earned wages towards retirement. Their obligation to you is complete.

I do drive a Civic. It's a 2003. I'm still happy with it. I've spent too many hours ricing it out to give up on it easily.

this is a nice lad
this is a mediocre failure

>I payed my way through college when tuition was about 50 grand less than it is now

We're all impressed, Gramps.

my mom is not an awesome cook but its not shit either, she can cook fine. My dad on the other hand can cook some good stuff cause he had to cook since he was really young.

You shouldn't be. Making your own way in the world is not a feat. It's the bare minimum you should expect of yourself.

Fucking entitled brats.

Get off of my lawn.

You're right. I should buy a houJUST KIDDING YOU DESTROYED THE HOUSING MARKET TOO

/thread

Kek

Go shitpost somewhere else

kek

Moving out that young is an American thing user.

>tfw no social security for when im old and grumpy
>tfw gona be alot of homeless 20th century-ers when im old and worthless to society

Shit is going to suck.

>implying life wasn't easy as fuck back then

Actually, we destroyed the mortgage market. You should still qualify for first time home buyer's assistance, and the housing market is at a low. It is the time to buy.

it's a cold climate people phenomenon

You would think they'd rather be together for warmth.

Being trapped inside with your family for months on end does not make you closer. It makes you want to kill them.

I'm from southern Europe so that checks out. Here people are traditionally only required to move out once they get married/move in with a SO. I know people in their mid 20's with jobs that still live with their parents, there's simply no reason to move out because it's also normal that parents don't interfere much with your shit even if you are living with them so indepence isn't that big a concern. More young people are living by themselves now but it's by all means a recent phenomenon influenced by American culture.

Also it's considered ok to leech of your parents even until your mid 20's, especially if you're studying, this is because it's also expected that you will let your parents leech off of you when they're old.

Yeah. you poor young fuckers. They've already told us that 75 is the new retirement age. Why do you think I bought a farmhouse? I produce most of my own food at this point, and managed to land a job I can telecommute to. As long as I get the house paid off, and enough laid back for taxes and emergencies, I should be able to live comfortably in my old age. We certainly can't count on Social Security. It was just another tax disguised as insurance. They'll pay it out to us. But the currency will be so inflated that it will hardly matter.

That's weird as fuck. If I had told my parents I wanted to cook for them every night then they would have been overjoyed.

Truth.

Man up, brave the weather, face the hardships, pay the dues. I don't care what you want to call it. Get the fuck out of your parents home.

>under 18 and thinking its mature to live in a shitty flat on the dole with your pregnant girlfriend

I'm 22 and continue being a neet whilst I help my mommy with things, have a good job, love life, be with friends.

It's still easy if you work for it, slapdick. I'm 24 and sitting at work shitposting from my phone. I've got a nice 2 bed 3 bath townhouse in a good community and make a good living. I don't have a degree, but I did work my ass off to get where I'm at. It's easily doable if you apply yourself.

My car is a crappy old 2006 Toyota, but that's because I've got a few DUI's and I'd rather not draw attention to myself with a flashy car as I'm currently under a suspended license.

The world is a huge place, not everybody lives in your apartment with your mom and dad.Time will come and you will regret not spending more time with them.

>implying I didn't have all of those things by age 22 despite leaving home.

Who the hell knocks a bitch up anyways? Use your head and a condom.

You can still spend time with them. There's a world of difference between living with someone, and visiting with them.

I still got to tell my mother I loved her the night that she passed away. I'm still there for my father in his old age. I just always got to go to my own place, and live life on my own terms.

its an accord with 200,000 miles on it actually

>college is expensive now

let me guess you went to a private school and majored in communication for $100,000+ and you are pissed now and want bernie sanders to pay for it?

if you are a poorfag like me i got 50% pell grants for school and a B.S. set me back less than $20,000.

Who are you talking to with your epic meme message?

you live with your grandma and have no job. get a life.

One of my roommates from 1998 still drives the same Accord he has when we were living together. It's over 300k miles now, and still hasn't had anything more than scheduled maintenance. Accords are like little nip tanks.

Meanwhile I drive a V8 2014 mustang while going to uni while going to work.

>b-but muh teenage freedum!

Stay poor and pleb.

its a 94' accord and ive had it for like 15 years. all ive done is get oil changes, replace the tires, windshield wipers and the muffler that rusted to shit. costs $20 in gas to fill up.

fully expect it to push 300,000 miles. zero shame driving it you guys have fun with your car payments.

nigga please. I haven't had living grandparents in the last 15 years.

I'm actually getting paid while I type this...

Life ain't hard. You're just a generation of whiners.

I'm the guy with the 2003 Civic. Yeah. No shame here either. Car payments are for suckers. The fun thing is, I've kept this thing in good enough shape, and it was before they started doing all the weird shit with the front of the car's design, that I can't take it into a garage without having several mechanics ask my if I'm interested in selling it.

Honda for life. Unless we're talking pickups. then I'm sticking with my Tacoma.

>has a different life every post

Yeah. I'm 40. My life has undergone many many changes. Yours will as well, young padawan.

My mother was 44 when I was born. So yeah, my grandparents started kicking off fairly early in my life. I can't remember a single great grandparent, and my mom's mother died when I was 24.

I'm sorry if the posts aren't sequntial or coherent when taken individually, but what part is confusing you? You want a greentext lifeblog?

I earn £20k a year, while I could live on my own, it's better for me to stay at my dads and live comfortably

Better for you maybe. If you are one of the rare manchildren that actually pays your dues for staying there, cool. Otherwise you are being a burden. And that's assuming he actually wants you around still. After raising a kid for 18 years, I would kill to have them out of the house.

>continue being a neet
>have a good job

>live with my girlfriend
>mom divorced and single
>calls me every day
>keeps saying "i have a bedroom setup if you all want to live with me"
>couldn't pay me to move back in with her

that frog looks surprisingly tasty, i'll try to grab one of them at the local pond with my great big meaty red jewish hands.

>ITT: my anecdotal experience matters to everyone!

My mom knew that the only food she could cook was Korean food
She let my dad handle all the other food

Well of course I help pay the rent/bills/whatever

I also do the cooking so I think he wants me around.

Go back to Lebanon.