Kitchen Nightmares

What was the worst restaurant on this show? Also, general thoughts on the show as a whole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gr3MGCmd03U
youtube.com/watch?v=kQJHYFK3LTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rdAS-gxZ2FM
youtube.com/watch?v=6tk5hY9w-Aw
stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Another-arrest-for-former-Stamford-Kitchen-153645.php
youtube.com/watch?v=99-n42Xb6NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i1NfWIaYed8
youtube.com/watch?v=ziXxwlQlFmk
youtube.com/watch?v=rBJVk4q7RUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>nb4 Amy's Kitchen

I thought the Indian place in New York was the worst. Dude was in complete denial. Non-whites are disgusting. Ban me.

youtube.com/watch?v=gr3MGCmd03U

I wish he would have just stuck with the heroin and spared us all.

I started to like it but it suffers from the same issues Restaurant Impossible had. Terribly scripted drama, scripted walkouts/disgusting things/crying, and most of the redesigned are black and white postmodern crap that completely removes the theme of most restaurants. Plus if you look at the success/failure rates you can clearly see it doesn't work and they went out of their way to pick the worst places. Its almost as if systemic incompetence cant be fixed with two days of yelling and then a group hug.

I mean shit each time a new episode came out I could almost predict every single scene and order. This is where the owner tells their dark secret, this is the excuse the owner will use, this is when he'll tell them all their food is garbage and to recreate the menu overnight and master it, this is when he'll wait into the freezer and see piles of shit. Its like a record.

Sebastian's. I went there with some friends because we saw it on the show, and it was disgusting. He was clearly back to making pizzas from frozen and canned ingredients.

Forgot about that one. That guy...lmao.

Time to watch the episode.

I like putting it on in the background when I am doing something else (Same as Bar Rescue/Restaurant Impossible)

At least Robert Irvine's show saves more restaurants then Ramsay's (To be fair Ramsay's seem to be WAYY MORE FAR GONE)

>its so bad
>i watched all the episodes

I've seen almost every episode of the US one, and the one that stands out is the ungrateful niggers from season..4? The owner lets him buy new equipment and redecorate, tens of thousands of dollars into her ass, and she changes it back as soon as he leaves but keeps the expensive stove.
good thing they went under

As for disgusting, that one from season 1 with three managers.

You know what the problem is? That sound effect they use every 30 seconds in every reality TV show.

youtube.com/watch?v=kQJHYFK3LTQ

The parisian teatro. He gave her a fucking golden menu/market and she just couldn't be bothered, so she left daddy with the bill.

Does he create the thematic directions and menus on his own? Or does he have a team of chefs/market experts working with him?

Didn't the owner of that place literally end up a whore?

Remember that time Reddit trolled a company into closing?

I just watched that episode last week, there is a video of the owner threatening a guy with a knife.

youtube.com/watch?v=rdAS-gxZ2FM

As usual the UK version is far superior.

It sounds like an echoed air horn or a long violin note

Well easier to do documentary concepts in Europe. Not all places suffers from shit food and staff. Some just have bad management and in one case a chef with something to prove

Seems like the Paki was just the owner and embarrassed while the manager was the one in denial. Manager is white or the whitest Paki ever.

The one with the crying twins at the pizza place.

listen at .5 speed

>THE WAYYYYGUUUUU

To be fair, while they are total niggers, they have to pay taxes on everything.

I couldn't stand Irvine's show to begin with, but then I really couldn't when he went to a place in Mississippi and his secret for them was to be different/unique and put catfish on the menu. I laughed my ass off and stopped watching. At least know what the fuck you are talking about.

US version is overdramatized. UK version is underdramatized.

UK version has a lot of nice stuff regarding actually running the places, often with a focus on cost/profit right up front. Less music stings and added sound effects, it's nice.

Honestly if there was a way to combine the two formats it would be a great show.

youtube.com/watch?v=6tk5hY9w-Aw

this slimy fucker

stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Another-arrest-for-former-Stamford-Kitchen-153645.php

Has anybody ever felt like Gordon was attacking someone who wasn't doing anything wrong but just rubbed off the wrong way to him?

That guy is who they were thinking of when they coined the term "toxic masculinity".

This one really pissed me off. She wanted Ramsay to literally work for her then she couldnt be bothered to show up and left her father holding the bag. Absolute disaster of a person.

i want whatever this bitch is taking. she is in another world.

yes, but the US version appealed to retards and i guess was more popular so it has way more episodes

Amy's just had terrible owners, the restaurant was far from the worst.

I give Gordon credit for being willing to shove his hands/fingers into all kinds of nasty ass shit through the years.

>finds 3 year old bag of rotten vegetables, immediately starts scooping them out with his bare hands
"UGH LUUK AT THIS S***"
>finds 2 inches of grime underneath deep fryer, immediately drags his fingers through it
"I'M GOIN TO F*** VOMIT"
>locates source of roach infestation, proceeds to rub them into his hair/clothing
"THEY'RE F**** EVERYWHERE"
>uses a blacklight to reveal the appalling stains all over the dining room, sniffs a particularly large stain and licks it
"I ATE AT THIS F*** BOOTH F*** BLIMEY"
>walks into bathroom and finds a rat nest, pulls one out and massages it into his genitals
"I'VE NEVER F*** SEEN ANYTHING LOIK THIS"

This show has always confused me. It's obviously staged, but to what extent? The restaurants and their owners are real, according to Yelp reviews. How do they maintain such a strict formula from episode to episode? Is the drama all completely forced on these people by a Ramsay's writers in exchange for a sum of money? How can they trust them to act well enough?

It's a mystery to me, desu yo ne.

The kitchen nightmare I have is waking up and remembering I have to go into one.
Fuck

I like your may may broseph

The UK version is better. He seems genuinely concerned about the businesses. The US version they're just trying to get him to say "cunt" as much as possible.

so real...

youtube.com/watch?v=99-n42Xb6NQ
So, this just happened.

this shit is for underage fags

lol

This so much. I think my favorite episode was the one with the soul food restaurant in Brighton. It was a genuinely constructive look into the ways a business with every positive intention and genuinely good food can go wrong, and the sorts of decisions and sacrifices one must make to make one's dream work in the real world.

The later episodes and the US version are basically this: youtube.com/watch?v=i1NfWIaYed8

I laughed harder at this than I should have... fuck.

Stopped being funny after season 1 tbhfam.

Real unlike that staged as fuck picture.

>only tomato sauce
>slow cooker didn't break or break the tile
>I better sit down and cry over $0.50 of tomato sauce and get someone to take a picture rather than clean it up

His brother is/was the smackhead, Gordon never touched the stuff (he did play football in a few trials for Rangers though)

>Sebastian's.

That guy was so delusional he was on some entirely different level of existence. Actually, first episode with that Mafia-wannabe guy wasn't much better.

>Capri
Gordon is served 14-year-old chicken, entire restaurant has never been cleaned.

>Feista Sunrise
Kitchen is infested with roaches, basically all the the ingredients are spoiled.

>Mama Maria's
Hundreds of pounds of frozen pasta are found in the cellar. Customer gets sick from a rotten lobster tail.

>Sebastian's
Owner is pretty much insane, walks out because Gordon hurt his feefees by putting fresh pizza on the menu.

>Barefoot Bob's
Food is greasy, "frozen" in a lukewarm freezer, and dirty. Owners know absolutely nothing about their restaurant financially and Gordon literally has to employ an accountant for them. It's actually still open, but reviews have been worse than before the episode aired.

>Burger Kitchen
Owners stole $150,000 from their son to open a restaurant with frozen beef shipped from Australia. Owner's wife walks out when their chef proves he can make a better burger with fresh meat. The family has almost certainly fallen apart by now.

I could go on. I'm sure there's a lot of fakery going on, but you can't really fake hundreds of Yelp reviews and customer experiences.

Gordon even said the cakes were good.

If you pay attention, you can see how heavily edited it is. A lot of the show is obviously different conversations and situations stitched together. I imagine the dinner service bits are real, if heavily edited. But the bits where it's just Gordon talking to the owner/staff must be staged.

ABC had a lot of problems they kind of sidestep in the episode.

>most of the food is storebought
>kitchen is way too small for a menu with like 100 items
>Amy is a shit cook and only hires women

I caught some episodes of the English version and it actually was nice.

I had the usual Ramsay screaming at everyone and the denial, but it looked more organic. It also had something I enjoyed that was Ramsay getting the owners to help him redecorate the restaurant instead of "my team renovated all this shit overnight!"

Not to mention all the forced drama on the America version

All I know is that that show had some top tier semen demons

Also favorite episode by far
youtube.com/watch?v=ziXxwlQlFmk

>Owners stole $150,000 from their son

holy shit. I need to watch this.

They were from some crime family.

>Burger Kitchen
Fuck you user I thought I had that erased from my mind. It's so rare to see an episode when every single person involved is extremely unlikeable, it sjust makes you wish someone would nuke the place.

The father was some Jew that took any criticism as anti-Semitism. Even if he wasn't a Jew there were more than enough reasons to dislike him.

Yup

Are we talking about the same episode? I think this episode was with that guy who's a relative of some well-known Aussie crime family.

I forgot - the owners think there's a conspiracy from Yelp to get them shut down, so Gordon holds an intervention where they can meet the people who wrote the reviews. During said intervention, one of the owners falls asleep and the other becomes even more irate.

>Gordon even said the cakes were good.

They were purchased from a local bakery and incredibly stale. Amy can't bake a loaf of soda bread.

yeah, and she seemed to enjoy her new job

>expecting anything more from Australians

The burger place right? Run by the jewish fellow from Australia? Son had this girlfriend that wouldnt shut up? Also some stupid internet drama with Yelpers

that restaurant should have its own reality show

>local restaurateur Sabatiello "Sammy" Settembre faces felony larceny charges after a company told police he charged more than $20,000 on a credit card given to him to pay a deposit for a Christmas party this past winter, police said.

>Last week, Settembre was charged in apparent vandalism at his former restaurant, Sabatiello's Italian Steakhouse. Police said he caused more than $20,000 worth of damage in smashed mirrors and interior glass in an incident this past December.

Do the restaurants ever work out? I don't think I've seen it happen once.

The worst part about these places is how fucking filthy they are. Every other restaurant is either infested or hasn't been cleaned in decades.

>DEBT
>FINANCIAL DISASTER
>FOOD
>FIGHTS
>DISGUSTING
>SHUTDOWN
>PASSION
>EMOTION
>RELATIONSHIPS
>DREAMS

This is exactly why the US version of this show is shit. It's cheap, fake reality TV for real fake people living real cheap lives.

Some of them do. Especially in the UK version, some of them end up doing quite well.

>YFW I'm re-watching The Burger Kitchen right now

Britbongs: all of the seasons are on 4od

>Son had this girlfriend that wouldnt shut up?

If she didn't live with a guy who owned a burger place I'd swear she was a vegan, too.

>Mama Maria's
How the fuck did I never see that disaster before?

>Burger Kitchen
this one pisses me off the most. that cunt steals a quarter million from his son then wonders why he's pissed off? what a prick. it is partially the son's fault too though, he should have sued or something

The two fat ones that were literally straight out of Alice in Wonderland?
That was an amazing episode.
I can't believe people like this exist and somehow had the capital to open a restaurant.

Meanwhile, veterans are starving in the gutter

Apex keks

I used to deliver to one that is now out of business. The owner would be in there screaming shit at her employees with no film crew to be performing for.

You can't just say this shit without telling us what resto it is.

Oh fuck, this guy. Wanted to strangle him through the screen.

Capri twins genuinely seemed to love the restaurant and took Ramsey's advice to heart.

I dunno. I think trilby fag did pretty well for himself. She's pretty cute, she just seems to have a personality that grates on me completely. But for that dude? I can see it. He can't shut the fuck up either.

The Sebastian guy also called mommy and daddy the moment Ramsay said anything bad about his food.

sounds like every restaurant ive ever worked at

The trilby-son seems like he'd post here.

I know it's not kitchen nightmares, but this is the worst person ramsay has interacted with
youtube.com/watch?v=rBJVk4q7RUE
how can he be in the chef business if you're this bad at handling authority? Indians are the only people I will be racist towards, I have never seen a good human that was indian.

Did you watch UK or USA? UK is considerably less melodramatic. Of course, neither is anywhere near real.

all i remember is that one episode with the owner's hot son

god damn he's fucking cute

No, UK version is still overdramatized, but slightly less.

>shoulda punched him in the face for talking to me like that
I honestly think ramsay would be a beast in a fight.

He grew up on a Glaswegian council estate.

So yes. He'd tear you apart.

H O T
O
T

god I hate this.
Ultimate normie fodder

>ramsay tears you apart
>THESE ENTRAILS ARE FUCKING RAAAAAAAAAAW

>him
>cute
wot

yes he's very cute

>frozen pasta
What. why?

One can not describe the insanity; you must experience it yourself, directly.

>Watch the episode

I don't see the problem. Don't you like cute guys?