IPA's and

SCOTCH
C
O
T
C
H

for me

Remember that feeling when you learned to masturbate and you did it like five times a day? Well, this is another of those crazy things your body does as you barrel towards adulthood

Most people manage to deal with it with dignity, but this being Veeky Forums you have my permission to shitpost about how you only enjoy 99% baking chocolate and X-treem DIPA and anyone who has ever not pretended to hate sweet things is a baby

Nice projecting.

I've enjoyed bitter stuff for a while now, but yea

what this user said

Envy is a sin, my dear.

I fucking love these things

Also peated scotch

are they hard as rocks? most baking bars i find are like biting into brick.

I like to break off little squares and nibble at them slowly, they're hard like dark chocolate, but not unpleasantly so. They're also really good shaved over fruit or ice cream.

i like bitter only when combined with sweet, like most people

i can appreciate bitter, but it doesn't light up the happy feels in my brain like the other tastes.

yes, even sour. i fucking love vinegar. sippin that apple cider

I like bitter but only to the extent that it brings out sweet flavors. Like it's real nice when tea has a sweetness to it you didn't expect. Might be lead, but still a pleasant surprise. How I take life, really.

I don't like bitter food or drink, but I am a bitter person. Does that count?

I like bitter tea but I can't stand dark chocolate
though I don't much care for lighter chocolate either

I read an interesting article about this once. People who like bitter things tend to have fewer receptors for bitterness, while people who dislike bitter things tend to have more. Interestingly, the bitter receptors also have an immunological function, so people who like bitter things tend to not respond as robustly to pathogens.
So not only would you be more likely to die of poisoning, you'd also be less likely to survive an infection. Be thankful you live in a first world country.

doesn't seem to be my situation, I live next to a basic eating cuck and all they do is eat meat starches, and every week or so maybe a serving of brocoli. they get awfully terribly sick and I rarely ever get beyond the initial symptom stages of illness, basically BTFO'ing anything that gets in my way. I also bike at night and in the rain, two time periods where you are more likely to pick stuff up.

ipa's aren't really bitter

Obviously diet and a million other things impact your immune system too, just an interesting thought.

what if you like sour things? like, you get a kick out of drinking straight vinegar?

my dad apparently did this too, but he died before i was born so i never knew him so it's not a nurture thing. it's gotta have some genetic component.

Gin is good

I literally eat baking chocolate. There are some nice bars at the local specialty foods places.

The key to eating pure cocoa is to look at it like a savory food instead of a sweet food.