Anyone Try one? Is it just all hype? Seems like the standard TV thing of "it's alright"

Anyone Try one? Is it just all hype? Seems like the standard TV thing of "it's alright".

I know it's not actually copper, just painted, but is there a better option for a square 10" pan for around 30 bucks?

I'm not talking about the big one that's in the image, rather

amazon.com/Copper-Chef-9-5-Square-Fry/dp/B01FMIU0MM/ref=sr_1_13?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1463703197&sr=1-13&keywords=Copper Chef

Mostly asking due to jack's new video on it, but other reviews are hard to find
youtube.com/watch?v=GcFaQGtPOig

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GcFaQGtPOig
amazon.com/T-fal-Professional-Thermo-Spot-Indicator-Dishwasher/dp/B000GWG0T2/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1463705175&sr=1-5&keywords=Frying Pan
amazon.com/Cuisinart-722-20-Classic-Stainless-Skillet/dp/B00008CM6A/ref=sr_1_12?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1463705175&sr=1-12&keywords=Frying Pan
amazon.com/Cuisinart-722-20-Classic-Stainless-Skillet/dp/B00008CM6A/ref=sr_1_12?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1463705175&sr=1-12&keywords=Frying Pan#Ask
amzn.com/B000GWK2X2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best option is either cast iron or all copper

>cast iron
but I don't wanna eat rust

>is there a better option for a square 10" pan that's made of pretend copper for around 30 bucks

I was going to call you a retard, and then realized you were just starting a jack shitposting thread.

No, the best options are stainless lined aluminum or copper lined in either stainless or tin

In before neckbeards who have never used a good pan, actually defending cast iron

I just like the shape man, and the heat spreader

Then wash and oil it

>youtube.com/watch?v=GcFaQGtPOig
>I'm gonna try and start grating my own cheese, not sure how long that'll last...
As if grating your own cheese is time consuming or hard in any way

I've watched this infomercial a few times for lols and the best thing is that it totally convinces the viewer that *IF* they had this pan, they would be eating fried chicken, lasagna, homemade fries, etc.... even though you already have the equipment to do this in your kitchen.

in what world is stainless lined aluminum the "best" option over stainless/tin lined copper?

>i just like the shape

Of course you do. There's a reason most pots and pans are round, but you obviously don't cook, so buy whatever garbage you want to throw your money away on. It has a lifetime warranty so you can spend another $30 on shipping every few months to get a replacement one when it turns to shit.

Get enameled cast iron then, you giant baby.

>the heat spreader
I know you're trying to get a reaction from us, but a round heat spreader on a square pan is the ultimate in retardation

Rather just buy something that doesn't require as much maintenance

Aren't most heat sources going to be round?

Yes, but if the spreader doesn't reach the corners it can't spread the heat into those corners, can it?

So what then? Just buy T-fal stuff?

amazon.com/T-fal-Professional-Thermo-Spot-Indicator-Dishwasher/dp/B000GWG0T2/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1463705175&sr=1-5&keywords=Frying Pan

Would just be less hot, whatever, seems like too much of a gimmick anyways, but the giant deep square one is neat, little one not so much

It just irks me - the heat spreader is clearly to mediate the gap between a small round heat source and a big square pan, but it doesn't do it, and that's sheer lazy design/cheapness on the part of the designers. Either a round pan or a square spreader would be measurably better

I actually have that exact pan. It's alright. I only use it when I am already using the cast iron for something else.

Or I found a 14" stainless steel with extra handle for the same 30 bucks, seems to be the best bet

amazon.com/Cuisinart-722-20-Classic-Stainless-Skillet/dp/B00008CM6A/ref=sr_1_12?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1463705175&sr=1-12&keywords=Frying Pan

In theory, aluminum is substantially cheaper

Of course in reality, practically no one makes an aluminum pan with the performance of a mid range (m250-tier) copper pan, and if they do, it's about the same price as the m250. And that doesn't get into the niche stuff like duparquet.

So, of course, copper wins on all counts. As it always has.

>poorfag
>doesn't have a set of silver cooking pans

Silver is only a few percent better than copper, and those are only 2.5mm

You'd be better off with a 3mm copper pan, which you can get for under $500, than a 2.5mm silver pan for $3000

By better I mean, objective superiority, not bang for buck, although it wins on that too

The only way silver will win is if you manufacture your own, to custom specifications

>washing it is too much maintenance

Why is squareness desirable?

asian folded omelets

more surface area

So is there anything better for 30 bucks than this 14" Stainless steel alluminum core pan?

Doesn't seem like it, only thing with stainless is that you really need spray/butter/ect right?

but otherwise you can do anything with stainless?

amazon.com/Cuisinart-722-20-Classic-Stainless-Skillet/dp/B00008CM6A/ref=sr_1_12?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1463705175&sr=1-12&keywords=Frying Pan#Ask

>Disc bottom
Horrible
Just get an adcraft 3003

Looks like that's just non stick though

I was reading that you just have to wait for the pan to heat up mostly, which would be fine by mean.

What? No, there are many versions. Most restaurants use the regular kind.

Or is the stainless ones just not on amazon?

Only if you compare it to a round pan with a diameter equal to the width of the square. Which is dumb. By all other comparisons a round pan offers more surface area. And it doesn't have cold corners.

Square is dumb outside of very specific Japanese omelette applications.

No idea, I don't use amazon

All they have are like parts, and some non stick ones on amazon, only 6 pages of that companies stuff, oh well. The one I was looking at has plenty of great reviews, why would the disc bottom matter at all?

Scorch rings

Is that really even going to affect cooking in the pan? because I really don't care how the bottom of my pan looks

it's only like $30, I can't imagine there's going to be a better option overall

The food is the thing that scorches. The food goes on top of the pan

I can see you're hell bent on buying your as seen on TV crap, so whatever. Your money. Just trying to help but I'm not going to argue

But aren't you only supposed to use low/medium heat with stainless?

I'm not seeing another 14" stainless pan for around $30

Why do you want stainless? Perhaps you would be happier with a cheap nonstick pan.

doesn't react with anything, can toss it in the oven if needed, I've already used cheap non stick forever, and stainless looks to be a decent step up. All the other types seem pretty expensive

Nonstick pans are nonreactive, as if that's a serious issue with any reasonable cookware. Even cheap nonstick pans with silicone handles can go in a 400 degree oven.

Cheap stainless isn't really an upgrade over cheap nonstick-coated stuff. It's a different tool with different strengths and weaknesses. If you want a stainless pan save up your allowance for a few months and buy some high quality clad stuff. You'll get a greatly superior pan and it'll last a long time.

Meanwhile, amzn.com/B000GWK2X2 is the best nonstick skillet for the money. I'd rather replace cheap teflon every couple of years than spend three times as much on something that will last twice as long. YMMV.

I suppose, seems popular enough anyways