What is this? A cook-along?

What is this? A cook-along?

Diced onions carmelizing and 90% gb for less grease

Meat onion garlic dill

Microwaving a potato wrapped in wet paper towel because I forgot to and it's important

Are you making 6 miniature chicago pizzas?

;)

Here's a kitty

Mashed that potato up in the same pot to spare some cleaning

Combined

looks like puke fám

It's literally ground meat and mashed potato senpai, sorry it's not sexy

i know, i enjoy many puke-like foods

Starting with the dough

im here op keep goin this looks great

This is the dough setup I worked out, coffee thing for the size template and a small cup to fit it to the tray

I'm still on board with this but ready to jump ship at any time, these threads can south faster than they can build those walls

The basic idea

All arranged, now I gotta Frankenstein these dough scraps into some top crusts

Top crusts after balling up and rolling the scraps

Looking all nice and pretty

Mmmm....go on.

Baking at 425 till the dough is golden, every thing else inside it is cooked already

Just who is this man? And why is he in a microwave?

He's the cook we deserve but not the cook we need right now
He is our silent guardian
He is... microwave man

All toasty

soooo.... meat pie with a pirogi topping?

i.. guess. ok. meat, cheese, dough. hard to fuck that up. why the dill?

OP these look cute as fuck

lemme see the inside homie

The other day "pierogi pie" occurred to me and this is what I give you. dill because a reference recipe for meat pierogi filling had it

looks good m80

I need a picture of one of these cut open, please. That is, if you're planning to eat one now/soon.

nice, maybe add some egg wash or butter for better color?

op there are at least 3 people, myself included, who require an open cut pic

First.

These little dudes are so cute

they are pretty fucking cute

And inside. Looks pretty dry, might try to do a thickens au jus or maybe a cream sauce in there next time

au jus sounds tasty

dry or not, I'd try one at least

did you just use regular potato periogis?

Looks possibly tasty and possibly, well, horrifying. Are those top ones filled with just potato, or is that all breading/dough up top? Because dear God, I don't know if I can handle that much breading.

Looks really dry and heavy, but at least you posted OC.

My comment on dryness aside, this is so fucking good. The pie crust ties it all together with it's butteriness, and the pierogis are perfect texture-wise. Sour cream is a classic and delicious

I'd eat that no questions asked, looks good OP

what do you make the dough out of?
or post recipe if you have a link

Those are potato and cheese pierogis

Well you did better than 99.9% of most of Veeky Forums. I'd agree that it looks quite dry & heavy; if I were you I'd consider adding a gravy to the meat. I'd also look at using a hot water crust but that's just me being a bong.

Looks delicious especially with the sour creme

i want it

Dough was premade pillsbury, shown in one of the above pictures. Pierogis were purchased at a polish store, the meat mix is ground beef onion garlic dill salt pepper mashed potato

Good job OP, that has me pretty hungry.

That looks great, OP. Now I'm hungry!

Honestly this shit is original as fuck and even though it might be dry I really want to try this.

How is that in any way original?

What is a pierogi and what makes these pies that?

yo daug I herd u liek dough

Have you seen pierogi pie before?

Egg wash would look great

A... are those pierogies?
>mfw

Yo dog, I heard you like dough in your dough. So we put dough in your dough so you can eat dough while you eat dough.

This thing where lazy people use premade ingredients as an ingredient is just getting worse and worse...

> cooking with store-bought ground beef
> bro you mean you don't slaughter butcher and grind your own meat? Pleb

Dude i'm gonna make a gluten free ver of this, i usually don't bother because it's such a pain in the ass but you've inspired me bro

I think a pizza style version of this with pepperonis, sausage, cheese, and sauce could be KILLER btw, i've always wanted to try mashed potato pizza @o@;

hey op i decided to make my own meat pies because of you

i just finished the pie crust and have the filling all ready. i used two large onions, four small potatoes, and 1.5 pounds of beef, with thyme, sage, salt, pepper. prepared all that the same way pretty much. its chilling in the fridge now wating to be rolled out and made into pies. will take pics n shit.

no pierogies though

here the pies are, served to my grandparents

Mashed potato dumplings, basically

l'd eat those with a frosting of ketchup on top kinda like meat loaf

i did dip mine in ketchup

they were pretty good. room for improvement but pretty good.

looks gud

Everything about your post angers me

What, the fact that i can't eat gluten? That i like a pizza (said in a stereotypical italian way)? That i use... *gasp* EMOTICONS (insert Reddit face, iuno how to Redditfaec on mobile lollerskates)??

Bernie 2016

>store bought crust

kys