What do you think of this bbq, Veeky Forums?

What do you think of this bbq, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_215iQ7KDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how many people are eating this?

I would eat everything except the bread and beans

American barbecue cuisine is overrated THERE I SAID IT

looks good.

1 serving

no sauces
sides look disgusting
toast? seriously?

youtube.com/watch?v=q_215iQ7KDs

Yup, shit quality meat in sugar sauce.

Found the pleb.

OP 's pic looks nice except for the bread. Why do so many BBQ places have utterly boring bread?

It's fucking burned. How retarded do you have to be to let this happen?

How about this bbq?

This piece of charcoal used to be meat I assume?

>getting coleslaw as one of your sides
I can't imagine ever doing this.

Aside from tradition, it's like white rice with chinese cooking. It acts as a palate cleanser.

No, it used to be fat sold as meat

Pic related is the benchmark.

It's always cheap white bread with BBQ, just there to mop up the smoked meat juices with. Really tasty, you don't need high quality bread for that

Funniest thing is they believe it's really good when it's actually pretty bad/mediocre and most of it has that disgusting mildly sweet fast food flavor.

>burned meat is the benchmark

Why ?

The meat is cooked to a certain degree of doneness purposely to impart a specific flavor, the inside is still juicy as fuck. Do you cook your steaks on medium-low heat to make sure you don't burn the outside?

That didn't come from the South. I guarantee this is from one of these places in the Pacific Northwest that hates Southern culture, but wishes they had a food culture of their own. Disgusting faggots.

Real Southern barbecue will knock your fucking shoes off.

If you think the outside of those is burned you've obviously never tasted real slow cooked BBQ. It tastes nothing like something being burned on the grill, it's just caramelization of the outside and dry rubs

looks amazing after abt 10 beers I could/would devour all of that shit.....would like to trade the beans for potato salad but whatever

Good point, though I wouldn't mind something heartier or higher quality

I'm Fuck Southern BBQ, america jewed us out again with a meat meme!

thats called the bark. Usually if theres some kind of rub that shit is the best part.

Looks pretty good, why do you ask?

there's 5 slices of bread.....

I second this.

This is bait right? I'm thinking you've never had good bbq.

It isn't about the bread. Like user said it's like plain white rice with other styles of cooking. Its an edible receptacle for dipping up leftover sauce and meat drippins when your done. What better than white sponge bread? Serving some artisan fresh baked bread with a bbq plate is losing the plot.

You're free to have whatever kind of bread you want with your bbq, no one is stopping you. The reason white sandwich bread is the staple is not because it's the best match. It's the staple because no pitmaster is as experimental and cultured as you are. Literally no one who makes bbq has tried pairing any other type of bread with their meat. Maybe you could do a series where you try different combinations and give us the pros and cons of each bread variety.

Vinegar based master race reporting in!

When he puts the sausage on the bread I always get angry I have no idea why just something about how the way he does it makes me mad.