Someone asked me to do this a few days ago. Worked for Costco for 3 years and recently just left...

Someone asked me to do this a few days ago. Worked for Costco for 3 years and recently just left. So an AMA I worked basically every department I can answer all!

How much do you want to commit suicide, 1-10?

While working there 8. My store was a bit shitty with work place politics.

Is it safe to use Costco fish for sushi? Do you guys cut your own filets?

Where are you at 1-10 RIGHT NOW?

The only one that I would use would the Ahai tuna that we get. The salmon and other filets already come pre-cut. We just have to remove skin sometimes.

A 1 I love my new job and life has been good.

Do you guys deal with alot of stolen goods? Because there's like a security guard at all times checking carts, everything's boxed and bagged in bulk, you have to pay for a membership to get in etc

Is it even possible to steal shit there? Because I hate being in a place that doesn't trust customers to that extent.

Trips of redemption

do you ever take your dick out and wave it around like a helicopter?

There are probably no stolen goods BECAUSE of those measures. I know you as a person that would never steal anything feels bad because you are subject to those stipulations, but if you let everyone go on the honor system people will abuse it without fail. Those things need to be in place to weed out the shitbags. Honor system never works, they would have to pay out the ass in stolen goods to make you feel better.

We do actually. We have the people at the doors to make sure you weren't overcharged or undercharged. It is possible lot of people put dvds and other high ticket items in boxs or in rolled up blankets. Also, get a lot of people grabbing xbones or ps4's and just running out. There is also undercover security as well.

No but i should've on my last day.

Why don't you have potato salad year-round?

it's a seasonal item for spring/summer. Costco can only have a certain amount of items in the store. So lots of seasonal stuff that we rotate out. Makes stocking a bitch.

were you allowed to take out of date merchandise home with you?

What are things you would buy at Costco? Anything I should stay away from?

No, but when I worked in the deli we would take the out of date sandwich also any left over rotisserie chickens and eat them in the back before we tossed them. Saved me a lot of money on dinners. ALL DELI employees do this.

politics at a drop out tier job??

Well since it's just my girlfriend and I wouldn't shop there often but i would buy the meats. Stay away from most of berries. Most them start growing mold after only 2-3 days in store. Only get them when its a fresh pallet.

Oh yeah most of the managers are HS dropout they pick favorites. Wouldn't get days off requested if any supe or upper manager didn't like you. They would make life terrible give you shitty shifts and leave you out on carts for 4 to 5 hours in pouring rain or blistering heat.

Most shit tier employees become dead end minimum wage job managers and take out all their frustrations in life on their employees. Its their chance to have a god complex even though they know deep down everything they are doing is pointless.

What are your favorite items?

I like the chicken flautas personally. Their rosemary bread is good too, but 2 loaves is really too much unless you've got company over or something.

Big whore for bakery. Love the muffins and croissants. The Kirkland Basil Pesto is fantastic and some of the local items that we carried were awesome.

Managers at costco are salaried and are paid well but still suck most of the time. Supervisors do suffer big time from what you talk about though.They get the board think they are puppet master.

I'm not saying they aren't paid well enough, but you have to admit most people don't set out in life to become a costco manager. It is very common in any kind of store or restaurant management to get a god complex to make yourself feel as important as you think you should be.

The Costco lifers as I call them are sad sight to see especially when its cashier cause you know they will never leave.

Not a question but I admire the fact you stuck it out for 3 years. At UK Costco stores, customers legit treat staff like shit. It's uncomfortable to watch.

Unfortunately you'll see this at any shitty job. Some people get so accustomed to their low tier job that they're not seeking anything better and just stay there forever. I've seen it a thousand times.

>At UK Costco stores, customers legit treat staff like shit. It's uncomfortable to watch.j

You mean like literally any grocery store or minimum wage food job in the entire world?

There is a reason most adults won't tolerate these jobs no matter what the pay, the customers make you want to kill yourself.

Oh it's not just UK bud. The Costco I worked at was in nicer/richer area. The amount of shitty people taking out their frustrations on me as a cashier is astounding. On my last week this guys literally threw his costco card at me started yelling at me to not talk to him before i even said hi. He then threaten to kick my ass after i said "He had to calm down"

What's the best item at the food court and are there any secrets to ordering at the food court?

That $1.50 hotdog gets me every time.

No but even Tesco or Morrisons staff get treated better than the staff at my local Costco

No secrets just be nice. I love the hotdog as well only problem is sometimes you burp and just taste it all day. The turkey sandwich is underrated though. Also, fun fact you don't need a costco card to get food court.

Weird. High concentration of ~40 age white upper middle class females in that area?

everybody on Veeky Forums for a decade said "ask me anything", that was just the way to phrase it
it wasn't until Reddit came out that people started abbreviating it as "AMA"

so
why do you go to reddit?

I have never been on Reddit at all. Never will go.

It appears you're quite up to date on the way Reddit has influenced conversation in recent years.

Why don't you go to reddit, connoisseur.

Cool, thanks. If the chicken bake had a vegetable like peppers or tomatoes in it, it'd definitely be GOAT as well. Otherwise it's too much fat and salt without something to cut through it all.

Reddit is cancer

Hence why I said never will go there.

Is there anything you would suggest against getting from there?

As I mentioned earlier stay away from most berries unless its a fresh pallet. They mold up quickly in store. We would toss at least a few thousands dollars worth of berries every week.

How do you know from a customer POV when a fresh pallet came in??

really best way is to check how bright the berries are. The darker the berry the longer its been sitting in the store. Sometimes the pallet has a paper showing when it arrived. Best way to get a fresh pallet is be there at opening.

Being from Illinios, ive never been to a costco. I keep imagining its just like Idiocracy and or Sams Club

>AMA
Why should I care?

>I hate being in a place that doesn't trust customers to that extent.
Found the thief.

Politics everywhere. Gotta learn to get along with people, or at least bully managers into submission.
Getting the job done covers a lot of sins.

Or because they're so invested in the place that they can't AFFORD to work anywhere else. They can't afford to abandon the pension and benefits they've built up.
And it beats unemployment.

Tesco staff are allowed to report problem customers to security, though. My store's got an ex-gurka as the lead security guard for my shift, and he's kinda scary.

what was your hourly wage to start and did you get increases over your tenure?

Burping hot dog is up there with other great pleasures like smelling vag on your dick the day after sex

What are you talking about. There are costcos all over northern illinois.

wow thread didnt die.
started at 11.50 left at about 15.
You get raises after a certain amount of hours worked.

Are the grannies giving samples easy to fuck?

What's the best pickup line?

Definitely GOAT when it comes to taste and value. Great cheat meal.

Which warehouse?

>'ey bby want sum fuk?'

Works everytime*.

>*Does not work 100%

Judging by all the mexicans, the clear sky, I'd say this is the costo in Mesa AZ, east of Phoenix.

Did anyone ever wear something stupid as fuck to work.

It triggers me that people can wear whatever the fuck they want to work and I cant just look for someone in a red costco polo for help

Just look for someone with a red vest or apron that has costco on it. They also have name tags which is a dead give away, aspie.