Friend lost a father the other day to cancer...

Friend lost a father the other day to cancer. Funeral visitation is tonight and I'm wanting to make a meal for the family. What should I make?

Other urls found in this thread:

shiva.com/learning-center/what-to-bring-or-send/food-condolence-baskets/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deviled eggs, maybe a cake with a cute phrase in icing on top.

Just make his favorite thing to eat or something he likes that you can make? Solemn events usually remind me of more simple dishes like a beef stew or even a homemade bread. There's really nothing suitable for the event but stay away from colorful foods. Still, it's more about the act of giving than what you actually give in the end.

Mostacioli. Tastes good and a number of people can eat it

no meat

unless of course you think they want their father's death to be in vain

Crab

This.

Make what the deceased liked.

Traditional Mexican sugar skulls.

Carcinogens?

uwotm8?

A casserole.

dirt cake and gummy worms

Of course.

You're going to turn down some charred meat or some booze at a funeral because your life is so incredibly precious?

Funeral potatoes

I'm trying to get Veeky Forums and I go to funerals 4 to 5 days a week, that could be problematic.

Killing people is wrong, user.

Even if they're Muslim.

I know right?

somebody I loved just died and was literally buried right before my eyes and I'm supposed to learn something or change from that?

>I go to funerals 4-5 days a week.
Explain.

What are you even trying to say you fucking poof?

I work at a cemetery.

>drinking coffee

What is this? The 90s?

Cupcakes of Sorriness.

Something light. Grief/crying messes up with appetite.

Lel my great grandfather did the sane thing, I still have some chairs from 1890's that were used for funeral services

Bake a chocolate cake with vanilla cream cheese frosting.
Then go buy a groom cake topper and put it on top, face down in the frosting.
Finally, write in red or brown royal icing

sorry your dad dead :'-(

If you're a half decent baker, it'll be both tasteless and tasty.

Typical after funeral tier food.

Smoked crab

tequila jello shots

I dunno, i've only been to one funeral

In the buffet I had onion rings, egg mayo sandwiches, mini pizzas, cheese and chive dip, cocktail sausages, honey nut cashews, and then coconut cream cake

It was a pretty god tier meal, i'd recommend that

I'd go with some real homemade mac and cheese.

Also, don't expect to get whatever dish you give it in back.

>Also, don't expect to get whatever dish you give it in back.

this. make it in one of those single use alum pans

>
>Crab
Yeah, less cancer maybe.

>all these people saying shit like mac and cheese, smoked fish and other shit that you would eat at thanksgiving

Do not do this OP. Just make little sandwiches

in trying times like these the comfort of family food can help them approach the grieving process in the best emotional state
with that in mind I had an aunt Myrna who would make a delicious and moist party cheese salad. It's a bit of work, but the results should provide comfort to your friend and family in these trying times.
gad bless

'Merica.

Instead of food, maybe you should work on signs that say

>Lost dad, last seen with Cancer.

>If found, call OP's friend.

Looks so moist.

not lasagna. they're going to get a lot of it. for some reason everyone wants to make food for people whose family members just died and it's almost always lasagna. at least in new york they do this shit.
I got four sheets of it when my parents died.

When people are depressed or sick especially with a fever, Soup is the best option.

So chicken soup, clam chowder, etc

Maybe some garlic bread too.

Or go to Costco, buy some smoked salmon or st. louis style ribs.

crabcakes, because cancer

me? id serve crab legs

'cago 'za.

Why is soup the best option?

>American cuisine

Smoked salmon on top of wheaten bread.
Only funeral I've been to completely revolved around that.

>Sneak into morgue
>Cut off some meat
>Make a stew using his meat
>Pour in a shit ton of laxatives before serving
>Drop the bomb after guests finish eating

You will see everyone puking, crying and shitting themselves.
Best funeral ever.

well aren't you edgy?

You are a fucking genius... sorry penius...

jimcarreydryheaving.jpg

GMO foods and cigarettes.

>Friend lost a father

how many does he have left?

thinly veiled cuck thread?

it's the best kind of thread

(you)

Never understood why someone will put a dead person in a suit, then in a sealed wooden box, then in a hole in a place where a big concrete slab with the name on it sits, and then say that they lost that person.
>Oh I lost my dad to cancer
>Well I know where he is!

>he thinks words can't have multiple meanings
Sure just got autistic in here

love that shit

I recently figured out I have been making them for years but the whole time I was just calling them cheesey potatoes

F

its all the italians ofc, it's not like that outside of northeast/jersey. In the upper midwest it's always fucking casseroles like pic related and green bean tuna

I need to get out

maybe you can shut your dick holster

>Tailored suits vs baggy shit
>The priest looking at the baggy douche on the phone
>everyone else looking at coffin in sadness

Holy fuck if I was at a funeral for someone I loved and someone did that I'd throw the phone as far as i could

In all seriousness i'd just bottle it up in a confusing mix of grief, tears, and anger but holy hell am I triggered

>inb4 using the word "triggered" = SJW

Is anyone familiar with traditional 'funeral' food?

Do any cultures have a specific meal or food item associated with funerals?

>In Pennsylvania, Amish traditions are a stronghold, with "funeral pie" making an appearance after almost every service. This dessert combines a sweet, custard-like filling with raisins and a flaky, double crust. (It's popularity seems to stem from the fact that it can be made in advance and requires no refrigeration.) Elaborate plates of dried fruits, jams, and jellies (including apple butter) also tend to make an appearance for their ability to sit out for long periods without spoiling.

Mormons make funeral potatoes. Upper midwest makes casseroles. My mind would be blown if older cultures in asia and europe didn't have specific foods

I know Jews have specific food traditions because you're not supposed to cook during shiva, here's a link:
shiva.com/learning-center/what-to-bring-or-send/food-condolence-baskets/

Liver and onions.

Uh, nobody's forcing you to eat the food.

You tell that to a grieving widow, it's not an easy life user, but I sacrifice for people.

you're so disgusted you completely forget about the corpse in the other room

"love wins"

oh god that tater tot casserole. i was sick over last thanksgiving, so my sis-in-law brought us dinner. it was mushy turkey and even mushier tater tot casserole. i think it was tater tots layered with butter and cheese with chicken juice poured over it. just cooked long enough to drive off a lot of the moisture but while leaving it a soupy mess. oh, and mushy peas on the side.

The midwest is capable of some truly horrible food

My Father died last year, I gotta tell you, just make literally anything, something simple.

I can tell you that his funeral was so rough that I cannot remember a single thing that was there at the... whatever they call it, afterwards. But someone bringing something personally would've been something