Moving out soon and want a bitchin' kitchen

Moving out soon and want a bitchin' kitchen
What are the most important/useful things to have in a kitchen if you're trying to keep the amount of thing you purchase to a minimum?

Other urls found in this thread:

thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-toaster-oven/
amazon.com/dp/B008C9UFDI/?tag=thesweethome-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=SH112
amazon.com/Lodge-EC6D43-Enameled-Island-6-Quart/dp/B000N501BK
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread
amazon.com/Oster-TSSTTVXLDG-Digital-Toaster-Stainless/dp/B004USWRA4
amazon.com/Victorinox-Fibrox-Straight-Chefs-8-Inch/dp/B008M5U1C2
nytimes.com/2007/05/09/dining/09mini.html
walmart.com/ip/5969633?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227001179219
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a cast iron skillet is great for making 'go style 'za at home but it takes about 2 years to properly season those darn pans and they only last about 6 years before you need to replace, so you do the math

better to be that guy who takes his meals out

if you're planning on making go'za a lot I would recommend a toaster oven

TOASTER OVEN
O
A
S
T
E
R

O
V
E
N

thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-toaster-oven/
amazon.com/dp/B008C9UFDI/?tag=thesweethome-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=SH112

>6 years
What?

>chicago za meme
>only last about 6 years before you need to replace

Thank you for confirming for me that the chicago za shitposters are all retarded

I would buy a rice cooker before I bought a microwave. Infact I did! I still don't have a microwave and I use the rice cooker at least once, sometimes twice a day.

I'm lucky if my cast irons last 2 years

that's because you're a weeaboo faggot that doesn't know how to cook.
>QED

mine is from the 30s

still works great

what do you mean it doesnt last?

the factory coating wears off

>eats microwaved hot pockets
>tells other people how to cook

stop feeding the trolls

alright now I know you're trolling but you had me there for a while so i gotta give it 6/10 pretty good dude

amazon.com/Lodge-EC6D43-Enameled-Island-6-Quart/dp/B000N501BK

6 quart enamel-coated dutch oven

>bake bread*
>deep fryer
>braise in the oven (pot roast, shredded beef or pork for tacos)
>one pot dishes (stew, curry, chili, soup, beans, tomato sauce)
>steamed rice
>can use it as a casserole dish if you don't mind the finished product being round

*cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

Most underrated answer in every thread like this. I use my toaster oven all the damn time.

Why would an adult use what is basically an ez bake oven for college kids? Just use your oven like a big boy

Less energy use and if just cooking for a single person, a toaster oven is more than enough.

I found one of these in my backyard, it had been there for years and was rusted to shit. About 15 minutes with a copper scouring pad and some vinegar and it was back to bare metal. I sanded the inside cooking surface smooth with some sandpaper to remove the putting and did about 4 cycles of coating it in canola oil and putting it under the broiler for an hour. Now it's jet black, slick and shiny. Easily my favorite pan.

I agree with every part of this post. Plus if I do some digging I could find my world famous carnitas recipe, which will blow your cock off.

But you can't fit a 6 quart enameled pot in a fucking toaster oven.

Check and mate, atheists.

oh you're a liberal, nevermind I shouldn't have even initiated conversation

A gas stove is non negotiable, it ain't bitchin until you can put out 10s of kW of power ... and you won't be doing that electrically.

It's great for snacks and doesn't heat up the kitchen.

I would almost put can opener on camping hobo tier. That shit is essential, almost moreso for the hobo than the chef.

That's a good point. I was thinking along the lines of someone living off ramen, rice, and pigeons that they catch. The sort of stuff that usually gets recommended in these threads.

If you can buy rice you can buy cans of black beans. SO much easier to come by than pigeons, and you can just eat them straight up: provided you can get the can opened.

This one will :

amazon.com/Oster-TSSTTVXLDG-Digital-Toaster-Stainless/dp/B004USWRA4

a dutch oven, a smaller sauce pan and a 10 or 12 inch skillet for the stove, two or three different dishes for the oven (like a cake pan or something similar), two or three cutting boards, 10 inch-ish butcher knife and a 6 inch-ish paring knife.

You've convinced me, it's going to the top.

Buy a good cheap chefs knife OP.
amazon.com/Victorinox-Fibrox-Straight-Chefs-8-Inch/dp/B008M5U1C2

A woman.

how is a ricer above a measuring cup

Whatever you do, don't forget to shop around first. Check out a few stores and see if there's anything that you need that's on sale or clearance.

Also check out the local Goodwill or thrift store, particularly for glassware, plates, or any extra bits or pieces you might want.

pressure of slow coocker.

Probably because a ricer actually performs a task whereas a measuring cup can be replaced with eyeballing (assuming you have the experience/intuition to estimate and you're not doing something that requires accuracy like baking).

You can also approximate measuring cups with things around the house. If you need exactly 6 ounces of liquid, you could measure out 4 shot glasses (1.5 ounces each), for example.

most rice cookers have a measuring cup stamped into the side of the pot so that you know how much water to add to the rice...

rice cookers with steamer attachments are a god tier multitasker.

nytimes.com/2007/05/09/dining/09mini.html

article on how to completely outfit a kitchen for $100-200

tl;dr goodwill first, then your local restaurant supply store, look 'em up. if you go to sears or whatever you WILL get ripped off

i think user meant the potato ricer. pretty useless t b h f a m

From the article: "I like cast iron, and I have used it in some kitchens for nearly everything; but it can be more expensive than this quite decent cheap stuff, and it’s very heavy." No fyucking shit cast iron is heavy, that's why I fucking USE it. You want to make a steak in the kitchen, or pancakes, or bacon, or even cornbread? Fucking cast iron. Asshole author says cast iron is expensive. You can get a good skillet at a fucking yard sale for $5, or go all out and get this for $20 at fucking Wally World: walmart.com/ip/5969633?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227001179219

>pancakes
>cast iron

>it takes about 2 years to properly season those darn pans and they only last about 6 years

>can opener and bottle opener not in hobo tier
>spatula listed twice
what kind of shit show operation is this?

>needing a bottle opener

The second one should be "silicone spatula" or something though.

Got this bad boy for $6 at a good will
best panfu

>being a hobo
>not being drunk
>not drinking wine like a classy hobo

>not drinking box wine

Pancakes ahoy!

This pisses me off so much. Here in England, a cast iron anything costs an arm and a leg. You wouldn't see that pan for cheaper than £30 anywhere, it probably costs closer to £50.

>not just using your shiv

Versatile pans and knives. Get a french-style chef's knife, a paring knife, and a serrated utility knife, optionally a santoku. For pans you want a cast iron skillet, a stainless steel skillet w/ a lid, a dutch oven, and a small nonstick (get one without teflon) pan. You can hit a lot of dishes with those.

Yuroflation

you dont need a bottle opener for a goon bag

For some reason I laughed my ass off after reading the title of the last category

Alas
'tis what I'm aspiring to
Well not really, just want to get a scale for coffee purposes
...already have the measuring jug and spatula

I got one of those but the lid doesn't seem to actually keep any of the moisture in so I have trouble using it for anything without having to adjust recipes and bake time for adding water