Beer thread

Beer thread.

Theres nothing wrong with enjoying PBR, it is the best neutral beer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DMoLCAapFJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's good for its price point.

it's a little yeasty in my opinion but I'll drink it anyways. certainly the best gas station beer.

>certainly the best gas station beer.
What?
Where do gas stations not have any good beer?

shitty little stops in vermont that only carry macrobrews like budweiser and pabst.

Never been to vermont, but I feel like even shitty ones have the local craft flagships and the largest national/regional ones in places I have traveled

I only drink it because it's the only cheap beer that doesn't give me hangovers.

I like that it has no aftertaste. It makes for a great beer to wash the palate.

most do here. like longtrail, magic hat and smuttynose, occasionally heady topper which people line up for on delivery days (not worth waiting in line for but if you can grab it you should), as far as locals, plus the obligatory micros like dogfish head and founders. some even have walk in fridges full of different beers. they probably sell more of that than cigarettes.
I just associate these big name ones with gas stations because people in college used to go down to the gas station at the corner and grab two 30 racks of pabst or other shitty beers.

Ah, thats cool. My college was in a neighborhood with no fucking parking at all and therefore few gas stations nearby

what school?
UVM alumni here. burlington is a college city. every thursday friday and saturday night during the school year there are hoards of drunk people walking all over the road out in front of cars and all that. I saw a three way brawl one time in the parking lot of a friend's frat house that was like 50 people just punching each other. I knew a several people in the fight, they said they were just hitting random people, they didn't give a shit who. they scrambled when some kid had his head hit the curb and started having a seizure. It was pretty awesome.
a lot of shit like that went down, often fueled by pabst blue ribbon.

My local haunt has a PBR and shot of jack special for 5 bucks. I hate my life

Wisconsin, parking was so shitty that most people left their cars with heir parents. But yeah, people were drunk as shit with an incredible number of places to drink in walking distance, people having cars surely would have resulted in a lot of dumb drunk drivers

Oh god this stuff will be glorious once the summer heat comes, I need to stock up on cans.

never had that, but that brand never lets me down.

Who /homebrew/ here?

Beer is for plebs. Vodka all day

coronapleb here

Hamm's is better

shits delicious

Just racked my rhubarb wine yesterday.

It should be ready in 3 months.

I like the smiths $2 for 32 oz option. get two of those, $4 a day, costs me $28 a week on booze...which actually save me money opposed to any other method I attempted. can't by 30 packs without drinking half of it in one evening.

everytime i threw up from drinking my freshman year of college it was because of this shit

>It was pretty awesome.
totes senpai

Drinking this tonight. It was $7 off its normal price because the 3 Luponic is supposed to be consumed by the 19th. But because this brewery is smart, they can their beer, so it tasted just like the cans I got when I first bought it 10 days after brewing.

I don't care how plebeian I am. I'll take an Asahi over anything ;_;

faggot.

>pouring a pbr into a glass.

So does mine, easy to get shitty

Not often i drink Pbr.

PBR is a cheap beer that tastes like hop oil. Less offensive than Bud or Heineken, but nothing worth seeking out. Fine for a cook out, or with takeout Chinese or as a bar drink special with a shot of well liquor.

You need to get better gas stations. The wawa here carries multiple six packs from founders, victory, left hand and Sierra Nevada, as well as stuff from a ton of local breweries like Cigar City and some smaller ones.
Not even that expensive there either, cheapest prices I've ever seen for a most of them.

based wawa

this is the one that will
shit tastes like old dishwater

summerfest red-eyes, new GOAT

This. It's the current year for fuck's sake. I will admit the craft has a huge markup at c-stores than at supermarkets.

I literally only drink Coors Light. I fill up a trash bag of silver bullets every week and leave it on the corner for the roaches (Mexicans). PBR doesn't do it for me anymore, I get a really awful feeling in the back of my throat after about 6.

My first ever stout hit FG a few days ago. Gonna bottle it on thursday. What has me concerned is that it tastes mostly of acetaldehyde. What are the chances that it will mellow out and actually become drinkable in six weeks?

>tfw archaic PA liquor laws don't allow Wawa to carry beer

PBR is in my top four all-time favorite beers along with Schlitz, Hamm's, and Blatz

I keep it on tap at home, great beer

>2016
>not exclusively drinking rare sours

don't drink their stouts. Stouts shouldn't be hoppy. theirs are.

who /lagunitas/ here?

The beer isn't really that good, it's just better enough that it's worth drinking when really better isn't an option.

professional brewer here, willing to answer questions for a while if anyone cares.

I'm very familiar with the california craft beer scene, homebrewing/commercial brewing equipment and techniques, specialty ingredients/processes etc.

PBR is one of the finest beers ever crafted and pairs quite well with a nice Chicago Style Pizza

IMO PBR feels gassier and more carbonated than any of the other macrobrew lagers. Might be why it kills your throat.

PBR's not bad but high life is the best pisswater IMO

what is the gayest beer you ever brewed?

My dad (A midwest good-ol-boy type who historically drank the stuff before it was hipster) described PBR to me as "Fizzy water with a slight alcohol taste." I think it's perfectly acceptable as a "cold one" type of beer for BBQs/Pool/Music venues/etc.

This. It's the CHAMPAGNE OF BEERS, which is why it's so classy.

depends on your definition of a "gay beer" I think.

I brewed a berliner weisse with raspberries that ended up straight pink, and not as tart as I would have liked.

I've also brewed grapefruit IPAs, berry saison's, and more blonde ales than I'd care to admit.

My choice buying order for cheap shit goes:

1)High Life
2)Rolling Rock
3)PBR
4)Busch

I recently bought 2 24oz cans of Pabst.

Really cheap, 3$ for the both of them.

But shit, it was yeasty, acrid and mildly unenjoyable.

For the price it's worth it, and it's better than most other macrobrews. I think I've just been spoiled on micros. I simply can't see myself drinking Pabst or any other macro except for the express purpose of getting fucking smashed with friends.

best way/route to get that job?

On the topic of cheap beer: Having worked through a case of Milwaukee's Best Ice over a couple days with the purpose of getting drunk, don't. Just go straight for ghetto liquaa' like Steel Reserve or Olde English if you need to get drunk on beer.

I don't usually throw up but I got especially sick after drinking 3 40oz of cold 45. I'll never touch that crap again

Fun fact, apparently Colt.45 got petitioned to put Billy D Williams on the cans now. Anyway, Steel Reserve 211 seems to have the best quality control. The thing with getting beer-drunk is that to get smashed, you have to put a gallon of bullshit in your stomach, as opposed to a few shots/drinks of liquor.

So I usually like fat tire or George Killian Irish red, do you guys have any recs on those? Like a better red ale?

Yuengling's the best dollar beer, bar none.

I love pretty much any lagunitas beer, other than the stouts cause i don't like coffee. But this one is the best so far, fuck its great.

I definitely put it above PBR, Bud Light, and all the other cheapo can beers.

Currently living in England after living in Belgium for 8 years.
My god do the English even understand they are drinking piss everyday?

It's cheap and gets me drunk

personally i find yeungling a little rotgutty

but pic related is definitely the way to go.

Hell yeah. Yuengling is the greatest trash beer, and great for house parties. If I don't want to hate myself, though, I'll grab some Left Hand milk stout. The Wake Up Dead in specific is delightful.

At my local ampm the only decent beer they sell are pint cans of sierra nevada torpedo for $1.99 a can and I got burned out on those after drinking that stuff all day one summer, now I just buy olde english.

My favorite was watching craft beer "aficionados" pretend that was some kind of eccentric lager just because it had just started distributing here.

If we're going "neutral" I actually think I prefer Heineken. Pilsner vs Lager, aside.

Mah friend.

I always say when it's hot, and I'm thirsty, and I want a beer, nothing's better than an ice cold Coors Light. It's just so refreshing. And you get a little buzz. What's not to like?

If you're in the South Central US, look for a beer called Perfect Tin by the Tin Roof Brewing company. They're out of Baton Rouge, LA. If you like Fat Tire but find it a little too single noted, Perfect has more pronounced Maltiness, and a nice, grassy, hoppy finish, without being waxy like some other Amber Ales or Pale Ales can be.

lots of bubbles on the top of that. is that a chicago style Brew?

>If we're going "neutral" I actually think I prefer Heineken
A beer with a taste this offensive can hardly be called neutral.

Which one?

Heineken

Better than PBR. That was kinda the point of my post.

>Skunked disgusting shit
>Better than tasteless PBR
Nigga

Alright, alright. I don't want to play with you anymore. Take your ball and go home.

Nice. Chicago style or?

Become gay is a good start

Sam Adams sends me cases of whatever's popular with them because reasons.They're okay.

Sit on it for a while. That's about all you can do, the yeast should clean up the acetaldehyde once it runs out of consumable sugars.

I know they have two breweries, one in Cali and one in Chicago. I've never heard of Chicago style in reference to beer before.

Does anyone like Three Floyd's? Their backmasking oatmeal stout was pretty great

local place has drafts of Hamms for $1
I like draft beer and it goes down easy.
I love it with shots of whiskey (V.O.)

This is what I've been buying for the house. And since Coors has been sold I don't feel guilty about drinking a beer made by an anti-union man founder Coors.

I love my life.

>Sam Adams sends me cases of whatever's popular

d-bag alert

depends on what the end goal is. if you want to work at macro or top-tier brewery, a BS in chem/bio and then a credential from siebel or UCSD/UCD is your best bet. thats probably not the most practical approach though.

I bartended and homebrewed, eventually volunteering and working my way up. read about beer, become a part of the beer community, get to know small brewers. find a place that is just starting up and see if you can volunteer. once you get your foot in the door, you can work your way up. it just may take a couple of years, depending on your timing (people quitting, expanding, etc)

Why are you so triggered by an extra in a beer ad from 3 years ago? And if you're going to keep complaining, can you at least find a version bigger than 161x90?

King of budget beers?
2.99 for the six.

Though steel reserve at 2 40oz for 2.22 comes close.

These have a weird after taste that isn't bad, but it's just the first time I've had a cheap beer taste like something.
>steel reserve
how can you stomach that?

Tbh I don't drink beer, spirits mainly. But I used to sell it and the real alcoholics knew the best deals.

I did use to drink big Flatts cause I was a degenerate with very little money and I found it tolerable, as well as hamms or schlitz.

Never did drink the steel reserve cause I never sank that low tho.

Can't decide if underrated shit post or obvious b8

I got smashed with this shit last week, so much that I forgot about an hour of the night

Me, but it's been a while since my last batch

Final product

>ask roommate to pick me up beer while he's at the store
>buys me this

jesus why, now I've gotta drink it and I really don't want to.

The best neutral beer where I am is Shiner Bock.

youtube.com/watch?v=DMoLCAapFJ0
GO GO GO GO

Got a friend to buy me this from the store how'd I do

If anything this shit is my watery grave