Fictional recipes thread

Have you ever tried to make food from fiction, like an Elder Scrolls sweetroll or lembas from LotR? What was it like? Do you have any suggestions for recipes yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=267358
ottolenghi.co.uk/poached-pears-in-white-wine-cardamom-shop
innatthecrossroads.com/2011/04/06/honeyed-chicken/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Moon_Sugar
youtube.com/watch?v=KofI6ocTLE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I made a tuna potato from runescape once. Tasted alright but would probably be better if it was a fillet not canned tuna.

It's not really fictional but I made poached pears once after reading game of thrones. It was pretty good but the flavors were very strong. It was pretty much pears submerged in wine spiced with cloves and cinnamon heated on the stove

I imagined I was eating good tasting pussy from my gf just like in those fuck flicks

>imagined

That sounds pretty good. What kind of wine did you use?

I made dung pies following the recipe on gourmet gaming. I loved that site, but it seems dead at this point

not same champ, but id think any fruity full-bodied red would go well, perhaps even some port.

I made sushi just like in one of my chinese cartoons

they got tired of people stealing their recipes/pictures and making a profit off of their work
sucks but that's the way of the internet

There are at least five or six different "lembas" recipes out there. I made one that wasn't too bad: recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=267358

Not really, I mean, how can you make something that's not real?

However when I was a kid, after reading "The Mysterious Island", I made a tent in my room and bought hardtacks (ship's biscuits, cabin bread, whatever it's called).

I made moonsugar once.
Recipe
200mg speed
Take 100mg speed, add another 100mg speed. Mix and seperate into two lines.
Become khajiit.

ive used this one a few times :
ottolenghi.co.uk/poached-pears-in-white-wine-cardamom-shop

It's really good. That cookbook is actually a really decent purchase imo, tells you how to make the dips and sauces and all that as well.

What would monkfish taste like if they was real?

i need a skooma recipe

yeah, I understand that. I think it's a bit dumb that they expected to be credited everywhere and not have anything stolen, to be fair I didn't even see all that "stolen" content, I've seen various sites with recipes from videogames but not the exact ones they posted. Makes me wonder if with copycats they simply mean "hey someone tried to make something from a videogame, but thats what I usually do!"

I'm pretty sure it's just durable bread preserved in sealed leaf wrappings that tastes good because it's a last resort ration, and anything tastes good at that point.

I used to make the potions from LoZ. Black tea and hibiscus for the heart potion, matcha and Jasmine for the magic potion and white tea butterfly pea for the blue potion.

Also, even though they're not entirely fictional, restaurant city had some pretty good looking food I wouldn't mind making

I make potions from vidya games too by blending teas. I drew up a cocktail menu too but I've yet to make any because I'm broke and lazy

The closest to these I had is minotaur tongue, which I assume is basically the same as cow tongue you can get at Korean BBQs. A bit salty but it's thin and flavourful. Cooks very fast.

The toasted bread and french fries I've done as well. I assume the french fries are just deep fried thickly sliced potatos and toasted bread is just... toasted bread.

Speaking of which, I'm quite fond of the occassional fried slice. Bit of oil in the pan and fry up some bread. Flip it over, put some cheese on top and let the cheese melt a bit. It was a pretty fucking easy meal for when I was a student and had almost nothing else to eat.

I've made Shrimp n' Hotroot soup. It was good. Very filling as well. I recommend prawns in favor of shrimp and don't skimp on the seasoning. I added a shit ton more pepper than the recipe called for until I got it pleasantly hot.

I've always wanted to try fictional american foods like meatloaf.

>prawns in favor of shrimp
So... bigger shrimp? Australian shrimp?

It would taste a lot like good scampi
Literally just cocaine and carbonated water my man.

but i thought skooma was a psychedelic drugs.
could it be some datura?

Nah, skoomas just a speedball dissolved in water.

Wasn't the Elven Bread from LotR like you could eat one bite and be sated for a week?

Something I don't really remember
But was he eating the salted ham and smoking at the same time?

I made the Inn at the Crossroads recipe for Honeyed Chicken once: innatthecrossroads.com/2011/04/06/honeyed-chicken/

It was OK, but a bit sweet for my own liking.

I thought skooma was a downer, though - I always assumed it was some kind of opiate.

yes he was i think

i made a lobster once like in that game.

they is real.

Whoever posted that star trek TnG joke about a recipe from that universe being called "Darmok, his yolks solid" was a fucking genius. I laughed about that for a straight month

Yes. And it was delicious.

How can a person make a real-life recipe for something that requires ingredients with magical properties that don't actually exist?

with a child-like imagination, anything is possible.

have you heard about this thing called "imagination"?

How in the fuck is his post any way /v/ related?

>imagination
Oh, I get it. Is that like the same type of imagination that allows you to forget you're shoving a dozen cookies into your fat face in front of the computer in your mom's basement instead of nibbling a little corner off of a shitty field ration and feeling full all day?

Fuck off yank.

They are called horgobblers and ad +5 to vitality, naive.

Oh boy.

Why would you need that, exactly?

t. CIA

texture is like lobster and taste like a mix between haddock and scallop

I made a PB&J once, tasted like shit.

>No one's mentioned Redwall yet
Come on Veeky Forums, you can do better than that.

Yeah. Predictably, the Hobbits had to eat 2~3 entire pieces to feel full.

The Luther isn't really fictional, there's a restaurant that specializes in them somewhere. Also, I always thought it was fucking hilarious that that was his favorite sandwich, and then he died of obesity related health problems.

>no mention of dwarf bread either
though in all fairness I don't think many people would go out of their way to try and reproduce that

I could imagine making rock candy look like dwarf bread. Or maybe dwarf bread jawbreakers.

I could see that

Here are some WoW recipes, haven't made any yet though

But what is the dipping sauce?

Last one I have

No idea honestly, I've never tried lichen, is there a preferred sauce?

>speed
Moon sugar is basically fantasy opium, with skooma being the analogue for heroin.

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Moon_Sugar

Hmm, I wasn't aware that heroin fortified speed

There's a lot of TES lore that doesn't quite wax with the mechanics. Sorry you had to hear it from me, user.

Skyrim was complete shit so I'm sorry you were referring to that specific lore

Moon sugar and skooma were referred to as having soporific effects in Morrowind, too, shitposter-san.

Of course, if you had ever read one of the books in-game, you would know that.

But the actual status effects on your character are what really matter, dipshit

You seem very irate at being contradicted, user. My advice? Take a break from the internet followed by a healthy dose of not being such a little bitch.

But you're in the wrong and I'm totally calm...

Skooma is definetly datura

>Bake for 50 minutes

Kale takes 10 minutes max in the oven.

The writers disagree.

Art versus code. Such a terrible struggle, isn't it?

>mfw no oven big enough to make a Scone of Stone replica

Skooma is a mix of moon sugar and nightshade. Moon suger does not exist but nightshade does. Datura stramonium is a nightshade... i would say either meth or stronk Coke mixed with datura would be a good recreation

youtube.com/watch?v=KofI6ocTLE8

I've always wanted to try the chili and sea bass from Jurassic Park

>trips
still, this isnt really "fictional"

>chile and sea bass
Here's a (you) for ya

I tried but I can't find a complete recipe, every single one just stops after you have the mise en place finished and I just have these raw fish and rice wraps and no idea how to finish cooking them, am i supposed to bake that shit or what

>chili and sea bass

at 200 degris and soaked in honey

>If I made a flock of condors on this island, (you) wouldn't have a problem with it!

I used to make "healing potions" as a kid with whatever weird stuff was around. It was usually kool-aid powder, honey, and weird spices with water. I had cute little bottles to keep them in, just like Link!
Also made sweet potato fries only after playing Persona 3 Portable. Those are great, but I've never stuck to one recipe for them, just kinda do whatever.

AUS and UK call shrimp prawns

"shrimp on the barbie" is a lie

chili and sea bass is tasty but not sustainable so I don't eat it also I am poor

>lembas from LotR
I made this once. Tastes boring but alright if you put something on it

>work in seafood department
>at least once a week I have to explain to some British retard that prawns and shrimp are the same goddamn thing
>they never believe me and walk away empty-handed

Really though, fuck British people.

>be british
>captcha wants me to select all the shrimp
>only see pictures of cars and prawns
>welp I guess I'm not posting today

They're not the same thing you retard. Prawns are big enough to eat individually, usually about half the size of langoustines, shrimp are tiny.

Anything from Hannibal!

No you stupid fucking inbred hick. That's not how it works in North America. Shrimp are shrimp are shrimp, whether 4-6 per pound or 80-120 per pound.

>The terms shrimp and prawn are common names, not scientific names. They are vernacular or colloquial terms which lack the formal definition of scientific terms. They are not taxa, but are terms of convenience with little circumscriptional significance. There is no reason to avoid using the terms shrimp or prawn when convenient, but it is important not to confuse them with the names or relationships of actual taxa

Prawns are nothing more than a British meme.

>in north america
The rest of the English speaking world, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa and various other commonwealth countries all follow the prawns are bigger than shrimp convention, at least in a culinary sense. This is just America being a special snowflake again.

i kno i hate those ppl

you are fucking stupid. opium and heroin put you to sleep. meth wakes you up. meth is a crystal. opium and heroin are resins. moon sugar is a crystal. meth is a crystal. skooma makes you zoom. meth makes you zoom.

skooma is meth.

Well then North America is the only part of the English world that gets it right since scientifically speaking there's no such thing as a prawn. It would be like calling large chickens "feathered Jimmies" and pretending like it's in anyway different from smaller chickens other than its size.

What else do you expect from a generation who know nothing more of dr*gs than DARE lies?

>go to england
>eat at restaurant
>served chili prawns
>mfw they are small shrimp not big fuckoff animals like (You) are claiming

a true drug education program would include letting kids try out a bit of each drug and decide which they like best to learn how to use safely and responsibly.

nah that's crazy.

cmon timmy it's time to go to school, don't forget your risperdol, klonopin, and dexadrine.

Nah, that should fall on the parents, desu. The TV shouldn't be raising your kids, nor should our standardized education system. If you're not letting your teenage daughter get drunk at least once so she knows her limit before going to that keg party, you're probably doing it wrong.

actually, you're right.