Have you ever been to a restaurant with a michelin star?

Have you ever been to a restaurant with a michelin star?

youtube.com/watch?v=0f-j1ctaQqw

Yes, Restaurant with one michelin star.
The average guy isn't going to notice the difference except when paying the bill.

You lie.

You have never been to a Michelin star restaurant.

Cold hard truth

>b-but muh fancy restaurant

Stay pleb.

>ingredients are magically enhanced at michelin star restaurants
the guide is heavily biased

>ingredients are magically enhanced at michelin star restaurants

money, labour and expertise are magic now?

Several. The level of service is higher than standard, as is the decor and plating of the food. These things aren't terribly important to me, but you can't help but notice them. The food itself may or may not taste any better than the best dishes at your favorite less expensive restaurants, but the standards will be pretty high. As will be the bill.

These days I'm much more impressed with the places that turn out food that's on point for half to one third of what you'd pay at a place with a star, even if the service and decor are less together. Those are the places I seek out. My standards are not so bourgeois that I need what a Michelin star assures.

the michelin guide is mostly based on popularity and it favors european cuisine too much. that's all I have to say about it.

yes, they are very highly overrated

Yes because I'm not a flyover hick

>sorry bubba for we didn't include PBJ's in our gourmet list

Jiro is on it, so fuck you

of course it has its limitations but it still represents quality.

If I owned a restaurant, I would reject michelin's star rating and tell them to go gargle walrus balls, because I'm not a fucking stupid drone.

>In 2010 Michelin guides ranked Japan as the country with the most starred restaurants. This sparked questioning over whether these high ratings were merited for Japanese restaurants, or whether the Michelin guide was too generous in giving out stars to gain an acceptance with Japanese customers and to enable the parent tyre-selling company to market itself in Japan.
you were saying?

>sparked questioning

wow how damning

food is fuel so no

Went to "Ox" in Belfast and had the taster menu.
Bit of a mixed bag.

>Standard taster curse of every course quite literally being a mouthful of food at most
>One of the courses was a small wedge of celeriac
>That was it
>Venison and Monkfish courses were absolutely sublime but again were less than a mouthful
>Ended up having to stop at the supermarket on the way home for cheese and crackers because we were all still starving

It's partly to blame for being a taster menu but I often find in fine dining establishments such as Ox, you're paying huge prices for what is essentially a magnificent mouthful of food. Whilst the flavours and consistencies are wonderful, it is still upwards of £60 for what is essentially 5 minutes of "oooh that is GOOD" then the rest of the night is spent downing wine and waiting for dessert.

Spotted the flyover

>Have you ever been to a restaurant with a michelin star?

Yes, we have a lot of those in Vienna, one is just around the corner from where I live. I once went to a business dinner there. Price was 60€ for to be honest something I believe I could do better at home. Todays chefs are like modern artists, you have to be able no to produce genuine crap but to succeed you have to have attended a masterclass at some famous chef that will recommend you further.

>5 minutes of "oooh that is GOOD" then the rest of the night is spent downing wine and waiting for dessert.
every fucking time

Giving out tiny portions is pretty passé these days

I leave from most high end retaurants these days feeling pretty stuffed. Tasting menus especially are a lot more generous. I sometimes have to skip pudding

You underestimate the difference between real people and flyover subhumans

You have to remember that all these tendies memes and fast food shitposting are not, in fact, necessarily functional human beings just having a laugh. There really are people who get triggered by the sight of a wine list, of a dish described with words in a foreign language, of a vegetable, or of a person wearing something besides a piss stained pair of cargo shorts and an XXL t-shirt with the name of a band or franchise sports team on it.

I was invited to eat at French Laundry with my boss. I stopped at Wendy's on my way home because, although the food was amazing, it was hardly filling, and I walked out of the place starving, and I am not a fattie...

>people refuse to be sheep
>I'll just call them "triggered"

Northern Ireland is normally behind the times in most things. Our restaurant scene is only now really taking hold now that there's less risk of them being firebombed. I'd say in the next decade we might evolve to the stage of "generous" fine-dining joints.

I went to a din tai fung, not the one with the michelin star in hong kong though. Does that count? Pretty much the same shit.

>tendie eating flyovers are not sheep

Went to Narisawa. Its 2 stars and was the most incredible meal I've ever eaten. Something like 10 courses

buying the most overpriced bottle of wine is more retarded than being a tendie eating flyover

The Michellin guide heavily favors consistency at the higher levels and Japanese chefs are ridiculously good at that

You implied that good goy paycheck-to-paycheck walmart frozen section frequent diners are not sheep. Both are dumb if you can't afford it. Only jews/poor people allow the price of something to affect it's flavor.

>it's flavor
>it is flavor

Let's not forget that anywhere you have a large concentration of wealthy people you will have expensive restaurants with nice decor and deferential service. At some of these places the food will just be OK, because most people are satisfied with that. A Michelin star is an assurance the food will be excellent. A Bib Gourmand selection is an assurance that the food will be good, and a Michelin recommendation is at least proof that the kitchen and FOH staff aren't phoning it in.

>$5 handbag made by a child in a sweatshop
>put a brand on it and market it on tv
>put it in a store for $1000
>schmuck buys it and pretends it is objectively superior to all other handbags because of the price tag

btw user the chef recommends the offal dish for $80 and the $60 bottle of wine to pair with it. its quite a deal and prepared with excellent skill and attention to detail.

Michelin rated restaurants are for suckers.

>objectively superior to all other handbags because of the price tag
In a way it is though. Because the purpose of that handbag is a display of status and wealth. The only thing that matters about it is that it's unavailable to anyone who cannot afford the cost, so it shows that the owner can.

The restaurant equivalent of this would be a Cipriani restaurant like Harry's Bar or a see and be seem place like the 21 Club.

Michelin places are about standards. If you have a lot and appreciate high standards the case can easily be made that you get your money's worth at a Michelin starred place. Because the star is not like a designer label - a mere status symbol - it's awarded because the restaurant operates at very high standards.

If you can't afford it you're a sucker to waste your money dining out, just like you'd be a sucker for buying a more expensive house or car than you can afford. But there are people who can afford the place in the Hamptons and a Maserati. To someone like that dinner at Eleven Madison Park would be a nice celebratory night out.

>That's great chef, I'll take them both because I am not poor and the amount of money I spend on this meal makes no difference to me, thank you for your suggestion.

Marking up sweatshop clothing only works on nouveau riche hypebeasts and chiggas, their children will be poor. Actual rich people buy marked up quality goods.

Once again, only JEWS would buy cheap food when they can afford much more.