Healthy diet?

Sup boys and girls , im thinking on starting a healthy diet to lose weight and feel good overall , can you help me out?
*pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/the-five-to-one-fiber-rule/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Count calories
Eat food, mostly plants

Counting calories lost my coworker about 30lbs since late 2015. It's really the most efficient way, just make sure you stick to it. No cheat days. Stop eating any and all fast food.

I agree with counting calories and focusing on plant foods, preferably intact and not concentrated or liquefied. Fish is a decent animal food to keep, whereas fatty dairy and especially cheese are more on the counterproductive side. I would also suggest to carb the fuck up, as they say, and don't slather everything in oil.

The first thing you can do to be healthier and lose weight is to DRINK WATER ONLY. Do not drink soda or fruit juice as they are both liquid sugar. Animal milk and flavored plant milks are also liquid sugar and in the case of animal milk liquid fat. Alcohol is worse. That step alone will cause you to lose 5-15 pounds if you stop drinking your calories.

The key to healthier eating and losing weight is all about calories in, calories out. The key to making it actually work and have you not feel like you are about to die all the time is to eat THE LEAST CALORIE-DENSE FOODS YOU CAN FIND, that is foods that take up a lot of volume/weight but don't have many calories in them.

That is going to be mostly plant-based foods. Nobody ever got fat stuffing themselves full of fruit. You don't have to go full vegan, but start treating meat like a condiment the way the Japanese mostly do instead of a main course on it's own.

Also 1g of carbs/protein = 4 calories, while 1g of fat = 9 calories (more than double the calories for the same weight of consumption)
fnic.nal.usda.gov/how-many-calories-are-one-gram-fat-carbohydrate-or-protein
So keep fats and oils to a minimum at the table and while cooking. That means do not fry your meals and adding mounds of butter/sour cream to a plain baked potato or olive oil/dressing to a salad defeat the purpose of what are otherwise calorie-shallow foods.

Do not buy anything in the freezer section except frozen vegetables or anything that comes in a can/box except vegetables. Also don't go out to eat as the food @ restaurants is as calorie dense as processed foods and more expensive because you pay for labor and overhead plus profit.

Stick to the outer edges of your grocery store when stocking your pantry (where the fresh produce and other perishable items are located). They are all designed that way on purpose, because they spoil quickly and must be restocked fast while inner-aisles of processed food can sit on shelves for months.

so , basically , i go vegan for some time (keep fish and eggs) ? Should i do it step by step , or dive into diet?

thats what i was looking for! thank you very much

how about yoghurt for dairy product? does that make you fat?

Continued
Switch to 100% whole grains in your diet (make sure the label says 100% as manufacturers that just say whole or multi-grain may only add a small amount of whole grain on top of 90% enriched flours).
So buy 100% WG bread over white and the same for pasta.

Switch to brown rice over pasta.

WG's have more fiber which is a bulking agent that feels you up and then leaves you as waste without contributing any calories so feel like you've consumed more calories than you have.

When you don't feel like eating fruit, bake your own desserts as they will not be as calorie-dense or processed as packaged cookies/cakes. Just find a simple recipe and substitute Whole Wheat for All-purpose flour, soy/almond milk for dairy, and either flaxseed, or applesauce for the egg emulsifier. If the recipe calls for whipped egg whites (ala a meringue) use aquafab (chickpea juice):
aquafaba.com

Basically breakfast you can have whole wheat homemade waffles/pancakes with fruit, some overnight oats, green smoothie, etc.

For snacks eat dried fruit or make your own granola

Lunch: Veggie soup (broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, mushroom, etc without cheese or cream), veggie/bean wraps

Dinner: Whole-wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce, steam/microwaved veg sides, bean chili & rice, etc.

It's honestly up to you. I went cold turkey off of dairy after my dermatologist said it was making by acne worse (bovine growth hormones act like estrogen and such), and I eventually left meat as well though I still eat meat once in awhile usually in a social setting. The usual advice is to list all of your favorite foods and see which ones are already vegan/vegetarian and then modify the others and go from there.

If you want a good meal plan/guide see this:
pcrm.org/factsheets/resources/health-and-nutrition-fact-sheets

And/or watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=Y9nNa81dSoY
It's older now but good, by the same doctor who runs nutritionfacts.org (which I recommend for the videos)

Also, don't forget to count your snacks
You'd be surprised at how many fatties count their calories, but only counts their main meals and not the snacks and "rewards"
Some don't even count the calories they eat when they eat out if the calorie count isn't labeled for them

>Switch to brown rice over pasta
*white rice

Nice Quad Quads.
A lot of yogurts are either really fat-dense or if fat-free loaded with stablizers/gums for texture and extra sugar for taste which eats up your calories. I would trad carefully and pay attention to the label especially if you like to eat it often.

I must also stress that you should't feel compelled to force yourself to go vegan or even vegetarian 100% as long as you are making steady sustainable changes to your diet for the long-term. Probably the single most important piece of advice is again to drink water and eat your calories instead.

whole food, plant based diet.

>*white rice
why

>witch to 100% whole grains
you should have some whole grain, but it doesn't have to be 100%. All you're adding is fiber really. it's like cellulose.

no snacks.
no spagehtti

no rice

stick with bread and beans type food.

The point I was making is largely to weed out those fake whole grain products that add like a tablespoon of whole grain and then have the first ingredient on the back of the label be enriched/refined flour. You want your carbs to be the complex kind unlike the simple variety that breakdown to sugars quickly.

Whole wheat bread that isn't 100% comes to mind as a particularly egregious example. When you go to the store look on the back of the package and you'll find the whole grain mill often listed as like the 4th or 5th ingredient down the label. They might as well just sell white bread with some brown food coloring from a nutritional POV.

A good rule of thumb is to shop for products that have a ratio 5:1 of carbohydrates:fiber (divide the # grams of total carbs/# grams total fiber = 5 or less) as explained here
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-five-to-one-fiber-rule/

A example of a good loaf in my picture.

Whole-grain bread also has high GI because the starch is exposed in the flour and subsequently the baked product, but it's irrelevant because GI is a nonsense measure promoted by anti-carb activists (hence the constant reminder to add fat to "slow down digestion").
Glucose that isn't used is stored as glycogen in the muscles and liver and continues to be available for later use at any point - the only possible relevance is in the realm of endurance athletes but even then it's fairly useless because the differences disappear in mixed meals, and many recarb during exercise anyway.

That's a beautiful painting OP. Where's it from?

Tanya Meyer.

read the Veeky Forums sticky

>mostly plants

veghead gtfo