Anthony Bourdain / Obama

I hate Obama and disagree with both these guys' politics, but good for AB.

I like Tony well enough, but during No Res he got too fond of photo-ops with people more famous than he is. He's been bad about that shit ever since.

In the end he's still alright. Can't change the fact that he wrote Kitchen Confidential.

“Anthony, I gotta ask a question, why do you hate me so much brother? Is it because you went to a fancy culinary school and I didn’t? I hear you’re the only one in class who did most of his cooking with a spoon and a Bic lighter.” - guy fieri

My copy of Kitchen Confidential = in the trash.

>implying any insult Guy Fieri throws at you wouldn't roll right off because he is retarded

Fieri is a God among men.

I am guessing you have never been to flavor town.

why are you arguing with yourself

>AB

He doesn't deserve those initials. If you're going to call a chef AB that distinction belongs to Alton Brown.

>implying Guy Fieri would ever insult anyone

At least Tony is a real chef.

Whatever that means. I'm pretty sure Alton knows his way around a kitchen.

He's a fucking line cook at best.

who, Alton? He'd get laughed out of my kitchen.

Alton would laugh himself out of your kitchen. Pleb bitch.

Is that from twilight? Does this guy need his ass kicked?

I kind of hate that Obama does a lot of media whoring. He's not even promoting policy in most cases. Just there for face-time and to seem likeable. Maybe it's machiavellian and he does it to improve likeability among the general public, but I suspect it's just vanity.

>that on the road episode
>alton commandeers an elderly couples RV at a campsite
>makes drip coffee using their machine
>puts 3lbs of coffee in it
>the old man grimaces as he takes a sip and continues to mock his every action for the remainder of the segment

Because President's don't actually run the country.

It's just his style. It is vanity. They are needed very little. George W just fucked off to his ranch in Texas.

>the executive branch has no real power meme

>Because President's don't actually run the country

Which is why America's "allies" are currently shitting their pants due to the presence of a likely incumbent who, for the first time in a long time, shows some balls.

He has influence, but its not like having him sit in an office all day would accomplish anything
He is most just a figurehead, him making himself likable is as useful as he gets

Shitting our pants, laughing our arses off. Same thing, I suppose.

>at first they laugh etc.,

The developed world is currently at stage 5: "Coming to Terms"

The one's who matter are already trying to make amends (Arab Shieks, not the British and their minorities)

The sitting president holds great power, he is not a figure head, furthermore, executive power has increased greatly over the years. You couldn't be more wrong. The most obvious examples that invalidate your claim is executive order and the power to veto. Read a civics book.

Alton Brown has said publicly that Bourdain deserves more recognition than him

Woah, racist

they run the military, which is why people are afraid

>and the power to veto
Which really doesn't into pay when the two houses of congress do not agree and he never even sees any bills that a veto would be considered on
The president obviously has some power, but even close to as much as the media acts like, certainly not so much that the large majority of his time isn't spent campaigning or doing PR stuff

Not in my heart user. Who else is gonna add that psycho nerd flavor.

I like Anthony Boring, but only his show Layover. I'm an Alton Brown fanboy admittedly.

>first I said he was a figurehead, wasn't needed and doesn't actually run the country
>now I'll just claim that the media incorrectly portrays the amount of power he holds so I don't look stupid

I said mostly a figurehead. Not entirely so. Stop moving the goalposts. The vast majority of his job is PR for his party, not actually making decisions that will help/hurt americans

I agree with you to a point, Alton is completely food focused and makes it interesting, but 95% of what Bourdain does is talk about culture, which isnt food