My microwave is kill. What should I replace it with?

My microwave is kill. What should I replace it with?

A toaster oven.

A sous vide machine.

>unitasker

A George Foreman grill.

A microwave oven

Nothing is better than misting last nights pizza with water and 'waving it

wa le!

A Generation IV molten salt reactor.

An advantage of liquid metal coolants is that despite low specific heat, sodium melts at 371K and boils / vaporizes at 1156K, allowing a total "temperature outlier" range of 785K of heat variation between solid / frozen and gas / vapor states allowing the absorption of significant heat, less safety margins, in liquid phase. The high thermal conductivity properties effectively create a reservoir of heat capacity which provides thermal inertia against overheating.[1] Water is difficult to use as a coolant for a fast reactor because water acts as a neutron moderator that slows the fast neutrons into thermal neutrons. Unlike liquid sodium, water has a higher specific heat, with a smaller liquid range of just 100K between ice and gas at normal, sea-level atmospheric pressure conditions. While it may be possible to use supercritical water as a coolant in a fast reactor, this would require a very high pressure. In contrast, sodium atoms are much heavier than both the oxygen and hydrogen atoms found in water, and therefore the neutrons lose less energy in collisions with sodium atoms. Sodium also need not be pressurized since its boiling point is much higher than the reactor's operating temperature, and sodium does not corrode steel reactor parts.[1] The high temperatures reached by the coolant (up to 1156K for pure molten sodium, less all Generation IV margins of alarm call safety) permit a higher thermodynamic efficiency than in water cooled reactors.[2] The molten sodium, being electrically conductive, can be pumped by electromagnetic pumps.[2]

You know a microwave can be used as a tool you know. It doesn't need to be for TV dinners.

They are great for melting butter, boiling water, cooking popcorn. Reheats leftovers, particularly things that might not want a dry heat, like Ribs. I've also cooked ramen on the stove, absolutely isn't any different than microwave.

>boiling water

Always tastes better when done in a pot on the stove. Water boiled in the microwave has a chemical, sterile taste.

RBMK or bust

>RBMK

The Chernobyl disaster was the worst nuclear power plant accident in history in terms of cost and casualties.[1] It is one of only two classified as a level 7 event (the maximum classification) on the International Nuclear Event Scale, the other being the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster in Japan in 2011.[2] The struggle to contain the contamination and avert a greater catastrophe ultimately involved over 500,000 workers and cost an estimated 18 billion rubles.[3] During the accident itself, 31 people died, and long-term effects such as cancers are still being investigated.[4]

Unless you can tell me what chemical reaction occurs from microwaving water that alters taste, I'm going to think it's in your head.

I also enjoy my water sterile. Wtf are you talking about?

negative void coefficient is for pussies

After the EPS-5 button was pressed, the insertion of control rods into the reactor core began. The control rod insertion mechanism moved the rods at 0.4 m/s, so that the rods took 18 to 20 seconds to travel the full height of the core, about 7 meters. A bigger problem was a flawed graphite-tip control rod design, which initially displaced neutron-absorbing coolant with moderating graphite before introducing replacement neutron-absorbing boron material to slow the reaction. As a result, the SCRAM actually increased the reaction rate in the upper half of the core as the tips displaced water. This behavior was known after a shutdown of another RBMK reactor at Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant in 1983 induced an initial power spike, but as the SCRAM of that reactor was successful, the information was not widely disseminated.

A few seconds after the start of the SCRAM, the graphite rod tips entered the fuel pile. A massive power spike occurred, and the core overheated, causing some of the fuel rods to fracture, blocking the control rod columns and jamming the control rods at one-third insertion, with the graphite tips in the middle of the core. Within three seconds the reactor output rose above 530 MW.[26]:31

The subsequent course of events was not registered by instruments; it is known only as a result of mathematical simulation. Apparently, the power spike caused an increase in fuel temperature and massive steam buildup, leading to a rapid increase in steam pressure. This caused the fuel cladding to fail, releasing the fuel elements into the coolant, and rupturing the channels in which these elements were located.[44]

Then, according to some estimations, the reactor jumped to around 30,000 MW thermal, ten times the normal operational output.

Another microwave.

Its not an accepted professional appliance, but its very good for the house.

Hopefully you had a stove and oven too.

There is a general understanding that it was explosive steam pressure from the damaged fuel channels escaping into the reactor's exterior cooling structure that caused the detonation that destroyed the reactor casing, tearing off and blasting the 2000-ton upper plate, to which the entire reactor assembly is fastened, through the roof of the reactor building. This is believed to be the first explosion that many heard.[45]:366 This explosion ruptured further fuel channels, as well as severing most of the coolant lines feeding the reactor chamber, and as a result the remaining coolant flashed to steam and escaped the reactor core. The total water loss in combination with a high positive void coefficient further increased the reactor's thermal power.

A second, more powerful explosion occurred about two or three seconds after the first; this explosion dispersed the damaged core and effectively terminated the nuclear chain reaction. However, this explosion also compromised more of the reactor containment vessel and ejected superheated lumps of graphite moderator.

Geordi please report to Engineering.

Could you imagine the collective shit everyone in chernobyl took when a 2000 ton piece of steel went shooting through the roof?

>chernoyl was bad
>wat is Kyshtym?

Not sure i've ever read about this.

Wasn't there a dude who got pinned to the ceiling by a control rod because he was standing on a reactor when it exploded?

I think that happened in the US, too.

Use a goddamn regular oven

Small convection oven

Another microwave, you fucking idiot

Yeah some dude got pinned to the roof when some piece od schrapnel entered thru his crotch and through his shoulder,pinning him to the ceiling

how is a sous vide machine a unitasker

>Water boiled in the microwave has a chemical, sterile taste.

kill yourself

If I had £2500 sitting around I would no joke get one of these Panasonic Gastronorms. They are ridiculous.
So fast, heated so evenly, built like a tank.