What now burger flipper?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its almost as if /pol/ is always right

As long as my burger is cheap I don't give a fuck who or what serves it

why did you post a gyro

I'm a fortunate neet, and I only welcome robots as workers everywhere

They don't deserve anywhere near 15.00/hr. At least 75% of the time, if I go to a fast food place, they fuck up my order. Usually it's the condiments. I'm allergic to mayo so I order shit with no mayo or no sauce if it's mayo-based. Half the time, without fail, I get fucking mayo and can't eat it,

How fucking hard is it to understand "don't put fucking mayo on my burger, I can't eat it"? A trained monkey could literally do their job. There's a reason you're flipping burgers, Ricardo, and it ain't because you're a genius. You deserve 8.50 and hour.

good thing berncuck isn't going to win presidency so the argument is moot

>You deserve 8.50 and hour.
>and hour

Oh, the irony.

Daaaamn you really fuckin rekt him hard

R2D2 isn't going to scratch his gonorrhea-infested crotch and spit in my food for being white like Jamal will, so by all means

Yeah, he fucking scorched me. Only retards like me have autocorrect on their phones! What a dumb sack of shit I am!

I'm all for it. Cheaper labor, more accurate laborers, cheaper upkeep, no need for breaks, no unions to deal with, no need to offer health insurance, dental plans, it's a huge savings for the company.

>Calls people stupid
>Gets called out on being stupid
>Gets butthurt about it

I fucking love it.

not even that guy, but you're probably the biggest faggot posting on this board right now.

program the robots to make me some gyros

If a robo chef is designed that can make fast food for $35k, that's just the start.

10 years later, it'll be $3.5k. 10 years after that it'll be $350.

Everyone will have one in their kitchen. You won't go to McD's for anything, because they will be out of business. You'll just throw ingredients at your robo chef (or it'll order them automatically from the robo grocer) and it'll make that big mac for you, fresh, from scratch.

You gotta think a bit bigger than just burger flippers out of a job, this is a new era.

As technology changes, new jobs are created and others are made obsolete.

As far as the companies are concerned, they're completely within their right to change to an objectively better system.

I'd probably be more upset about it if I worked in fast food, but those protesting 15/hr must have thought that companies would do SOMETHING to keep their profit margins?

I don't really care
since with robots or not
they're still gonna be pricey

You wouldn't download a big mac

just imagine torrenting the big mac recipe/programming to an SD card and sticking it in your robochef's ass

>more accurate laborers
95% of the time I eat out something gets fucked. all for taking retardation out of the workplace.
>order extra onions
>get no onions at all
>order no onions
>get double onions and no patty

My sides.

like 1 dollar for a burger is pricey?

Now just imagine they combined a robochef - with a sexbot...

But what do I do when my robot downloads programs for drugs so it can get itself high and makes me a really ugly pair of glasses because it thinks that's funny?

Wifebot

Take it in for robotherapy? Reflash it and deny it access to Veeky Forums?

There are people whose labor will never be worth $15/hr.

Sam called it, now they'll just raise taxes on us folk who actually payed attention in school to support these people and their chilluns.

honestly
>workers want 15 an hour
>robots instantly being looked at as an option in the near future

robots were taking those jobs soon anyway, you think all the companies capable of making the replacement machines just sprung up in the last year?

gyro is best fast food

>
>not even that guy, but you're probably the biggest faggot posting on this board right now.

He was until you posted

>..... those protesting 15/hr must have thought that companies would do SOMETHING to keep their profit margins?

Considering the profit margin for fast food places, like McDonalds, is around 6-8%, I don't blame franchises for mechanizing at all.

The only reason people eat fast food is because it's cheap, and the only reason it's cheap is because they buy in bulk and use unskilled labor.

Increasing labor costs means that either the product price must be increased, or the profit margin must be reduced, if the profit margin alone can even handle the wage increase. If the product price is increased, then they lose sales, which means the profit margin gets even smaller. If they don't increase product prices, then they have to calculate whether or not the profit margin, alone, can pay for the labor costs, and if so, how much profit will remain. If they're forced to, both, raise prices and pay for labor in profits, then they might lose enough sales that it no longer becomes possible to make payroll and the business will be forced to close.

I guess none of that matters when all people think about is "muh minimum wage! evul corporations!"

Good taste tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

A typo doesn't make you stupid

sure buddy sure, stay mad

>Gets called out on stupidity
>Has to resort to samefagging in his own defense

Fucking love it.

We've been working on this kind of automation since the 50s. It's only recently that the technology is actually affordable. Doubling wages on the bottom end only made it more cost-effective sooner than later.

All this talk about fast food, but no one mentions waitstaff at sit down restaurants. As much as it is a plate carrier meme to lie about muh $2/hr, they're still considered minimum wage employees. They're now going to have to clear $15/hr as well. Which means a lot of worthless plate-carriers are going to lose their jobs as well, as they trim staff.

This will be good for the diners in the end, as the typical "I'll do my job between smoke breaks..." Denny's tier waitstaff will all be replaced by what you might find at a nicer sit-down establishment. Though not as good for the taxpayers, as we'll just end up with more unemployed single mothers on welfare.

>What now burger flipper?

Basic minimum income.

:^)

Good luck getting that Jamal

>and makes me a really ugly pair of glasses because it thinks that's funny?
Put it back in the TV where it belongs.

Basketball Americans already do

Roll out UBI, abolish minimum wage. Useful work exists that is only worth pennies a minute.

The point is directed at the degenerates of your society, not your personal opinions on how you shove diabetes down your throat.

Because it's fast food, and there are other cultures that differ from American.
>Learn to edify

Fuck off Spider, don't you have some politician to piss off?

Most likely the robots for the foreseeable future will only be taking orders inside
People will still be cooking and giving you the food

been cooking all the time, can't stand fast food anymore. johnny 5 fucks up my nuggets, I'm gonna disassemble.

>robots
What are you people, like, 12?

Sorry
AUTOMATONS!

>minimum qualification jobs getting replaced by technology

wow it's almost like every fucking part of human history

Am I crazy, or does/pol/ and Veeky Forums have more crossover than any other board? It's almost as if.. /pol/ has hobbies outside of shitposting...

/mlp/ here, if you think you have it bad, this is fucking nothing.
We have entire threads and generals dedicated to nazism.

my insight regarding /pol/ posting on Veeky Forums is as follows: Higher amount of female posters and married posters allows more femthink through. Vocal minority of /pol/ shitposters overcompensate to keep the place politically balanced between left-leaning nannystate-think and the rugged individuality/counterculture expressed on Veeky Forums which currently uses the alt-right as an outlet.

Eh your typical corporate management is lazy. And the lower middle knows that if they replace the bottom layer with robots then *they* become the new bottom layer, to be bitchslapped and exploited.

So, they won't do it, not unless they're forced into it. And they are being forced into it.

/pol/ is the fastest growing board on Veeky Forums, and second in PPM to only /v/.

It's sheer saturation.
Besides, everybody eats, even nazis on a Algonquian Smoke Smudging board.

>balanced between left-leaning normal successful people and the self-victimizing 30+ wizards who use Veeky Forums as tumblr for bitter paranoid losers

shouldn't automation be a good thing?
why should people do work that doesn't need to be done

No, it has to be self-cleaning for that.

I never said anything the contrary - only that a balance was being sought.

I personally only marginally support one faction over the other, and it's mostly out of a lack of empathy regarding female pity.

It's a great thing, unless you are useless to society.

Only problem is what will trayvon and shequana do for work now?

sell their bodys to medicine

That's actually pretty interesting. Granted, the change won't be instantaneous, but I'm still kinda curious what will happen to all those people if automation really is going to be successful.

This so much.

There are so many people that have this retarded opinion that automation in fast food will lead to lasting unemployment because "there won't be nearly enough new jobs to replace the old ones." Why.jpg

>you were born 100 years too early for this

/K/ here. Fuck /pol/. I get it politics are relevant, but Hitler and extreme racism is not welcome. Saying the word nigger is fun.

Why do I need to specifically ask Wendy's for ketchup when I order fries? When you can answer that, you'll know everything.

>Denny's tier waitstaff will all be replaced by what you might find at a nicer sit-down establishment. Though not as good for the taxpayers, as we'll just end up with more unemployed single mothers on welfare.
hopefully it will be the kick in the ass people need to actually specialize in useful fields/skills

Because not everybody uses catsup? What do I win?

We can build robots that will be their baby's daddy.

lmao

gubment issue of course

it'll be like mr. handy's from Fallout

>>left-leaning
>>normal

Choose ONE.

until those robots break and they have massive losses. or a customer throws up or shits themselves unless they have robots that take care of that too.

This is America, not some european syrian infested hell hole that snubs ketchup. Safe to assume people most people want it. They put pickles on my goddamn fish sandwich and nobody asked for that. But they can't toss a tiny pack of ketchup in the bag. Reeeeeeeeeee

/b/ isn't #1?

The reason they haven't done it is because the technology isn't actually there yet
He's not an expert on robotics, he's an expert on how much things cost the McDonald's corporation
He doesn't know the actual time and effort and money it would take to make a human-less mcdonalds, but he's saying that increasing the minimum wage would cost more than 35,000s per restaurant and he doesn't want to expend that kind of money

If robots were actually cheaper, they'd use robots.
Remember, there are new mcdonald's being built literally all of the time and yet none of them are automated because it's cheaper not to try

>Mmmm... yeah, baby. Put your big, fat, throbbing digital recipe for steak au poivre right into my hot, tight memory expansion slot. I'm gonna cook the shit out of your dinner.

>people who are okay with paying taxes to subsidize public interests and do not regret desegregation are all TOTAL FREAK DEGENERATES

Never change, /pol/. Not that you need to hear it from me.

*$35,000

>$15 Per Hour
how is this fair

It's because what we're starting to see now isn't the same old automation, it's automation of automation - software and general purpose robots that can learn and adapt on their own to take over new jobs. Rather than automating tasks, they automate types of task.

A conveyer belt means you no longer have to hire someone to carry stuff. Robust self driving software means no one has to hire anyone to move things any more, and any potential future jobs involving moving things are pre-emptively automated out of existence.

That may still be mostly menial jobs, but software that writes news articles already exists, and software that can do things like compose music, diagnose diseases and analyse lawsuits isn't far off.

>A shit board with a shit topic is mostly comprised of shit posting

Gee, who would've seen THAT coming?

Fifteen bucks an hour is what it takes to cover trash groceries and rent on a horrible apartment, allowing for just enough leisure materials and time to momentarily distract people from how worthless their lives are. Explain why that's NOT fair.

Rumors are military black projects already have AI capable of doing fast-food type tasks. They're just looking for the right excuse to roll it out, make it seem plausible that the civilian world came up with it all on their own.

So, no, eventually the whole shebang is going to be robotic. Maybe one field tech that travels around and fixes shit when it breaks will still be human. And 10 middle managers bossing everything that one field tech does.

transportation is going by the wayside inside of 10 years, there are already self driving 18 wheelers on highways and trucks are being developed that will make it full autonomous

my ex was a fuckup who couldn't handle being a cashier/taking orders over drivethrough without having a panic attack

i almost feel bad for her.

almost.

>people who willingly support dem programs that perpetuate poverty and political corruption are not degenerates

I'd say change, but it's too late for that...

>/K/
>K

>always right
they're right sometimes and like every other board that's ever been right, they let it go to their head and think they're always right. When they're not right, they at least have the good grace to let whatever dumb thing they were following(like the dozen yearly happenings) fade away.

>Robots Cheaper Than Hiring at $15 Per Hour

>doesn't need to take a shit and not wash its hands
>doesn't need a tip
>doesn't have an attitude
>orders are 100% accurate

bring on the bots

It all sounds roses now but wait until you're stuck in line behind one of those golf cart hybrids screaming at the touch screen for not understanding her four inch wide inputs.

>being that 13 year old fresh from /B/ that points out someone's capitalization of a board's letter with meme arrows and a smug anime face

That was annoying 10 years ago and it still is.

Or maybe, I don't know, be happy with making 14.2 trillion dollars instead of 14.3.

Rich people are mentally ill.

>Rich people are mentally ill.
As a general rule, they are in fact not.
But it might make you happier if you pretend, demonizing people you don't like makes it easier to rationalize your position.

McDonalds is going to spend a fuck-ton on automated ordering machines and STILL lose market share.

You're probably very bad at communicating if you can't even get the kids at McDonalds to listen to you

Having billions and wanting more is demonstrably a mental illness.

If you build a robot, you need to hire people to maintain the robot.

If you build a robot to maintain robots, you do not to hire anybody anymore for anything and you basically have an utopia.

It's merely a flaw of character, and you could accuse a lot of people of being mentally ill by that logic.
You can survive on a couple dollars a day, and you can live comfortably with very little, yet everyone wants more.
That's part human nature part character traits.