Diet general

So this may be more Veeky Forums related but I started a new diet to lose weight(40lbs). I eat at a 1'000cal deficit after running and calisthenics, and only consume 1'200kcal a day. It's working, so far I'm losing 3lbs a week, but I'm starving all the time. Even with constantly drinking unsweetened tea or trying to eat low cal foods. The current regimen is

Protein shake and oatmeal muffin for breakfast- 450kcal
Extra large salad with protein for lunch- 300kcal
Air popped popcorn- 90kcal
400kcal in miscellaneous

Been following this for a few weeks and don't want to blow my progress by eating a medium pie in one sitting. Any suggestions Veeky Forums on what I can do to not feel so hungry all the time?

Also, diet general

Other urls found in this thread:

calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-popcorn-air-popped-popcorn_f-ZmlkPTYxNzI5.html
scientificamerican.com/article/fiber-famished-gut-microbes-linked-to-poor-health1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eat a second salad? You're gonna feel hungry no matter what when you diet so hard.

I think fats keep you filled up more and give you more energy per calorie than carbs but I'm not sure. Look into that.

allowing a little bit of whole wheat bread or brown rice won't kill your diet and will fill you up a little bit.

This. Fats take longer to digest. OP's stomach is breaking everything down too quickly. Try coating the popcorn in a little bit a butter. A tiny bit of fat can go a long way flavor wise.

Other than that, just eat more raw veggies, as they take a while to break down too.

Whenever I drink coffee, I lose my hunger so I end up skipping breakfast or lunch.

I drink pretty strong black coffee tho.

chew your food OP your tummy is full of whole tomatoes and chicken legs

Thats quite a hard cut. Try 500-600 calories a month. Better to take it slow and steady.

I need to do it this hard to lose enough weight in time for my wedding.

Just give yourself reminders to ignore the hunger and do things keep your mind off of it.

so basically chicken is enough to fill the stomach completely once a day while to get the same calories from vegetables you have to force yourself 5 full stomachs of that shit a day

That was a bad post. Please don't make bad posts.

Kinda unrelated to OP's post but still diet-related. Im in the opposite boat as OP, I need to gain weight, but I want that weigt to be mostly muscle and try to do a clean bulk with little fat. Any reccomendations of lowfat foods that are high in calories so I can meet my daily goals? Im aiming for at least 3000-3500 calories a day but its a struggle. Sorry if this comes off as a non-issue to some, I know a need to lose weight is a lot more common and extremely difficult, but Im 5'11 117 pounds and have always had trouble putting on weight.

Try looking into rye bread
If its has high rye content then it keeps hunger at bay pretty well but does not add too many calories

1. Restructure your meals so you are eating them in an intermittent fasting schedule. I recommend 6 on 18 off. Try to limit yourself to two sit down meals.

2. Move your cardio and calisthenics to a Fasting Cardio schedule (6 hours after you have finished eating, so either before bed or when you wake up).

3. Lets examine your diet

>Protein shake

This isnt going to fill you up. Bad way to start your morning. Unless you are weightlifting consider swapping out the hundred or so calories it contains for actual protein like chicken or fish. Move to later in day

>Oatmeal Muffin
Why a muffin? Just eat regular oatmeal with milk. Or a plain cereal, like corn flakes or weetabix or rasin bran depending on where you live. Also a little coffee wouldnt kill you.

>Extra Large Salad.
Is it just lettuce leaves? Consider swapping lettuce leaves for something more nutritionally packed like spinach or kale or collard greens.

>With protein

What do you mean "with protein"? How much protein? What kind of protein? How is this protein being preparred? What are you putting on this protein? Should be either chicken or fish, grilled or boiled, with sub 10 cal per serving condiments. Also, if you dont want to eat double the protein, now would be a fine time for your protein shake.

On second thought consider making this dinner.

>Air popped popcorn

What the fuck is this? Why are you eating this? It's just salt. Stop eating salt pillows. Replace this with something either protein related or nutritional. Like a vegetable medley, or a small piece of fish. Even a piece of citrus fruit would be better.

>400kcal in misc

I dont know what the fuck this means, but whatever it is, just stop eating it. Or drinking it. I hope you arent consuming any liquid calories.

Then, become disciplined enough to see this through and actually have some fucking willpower because you are an adult and you only eat what you put into your fat mouth, and you'll be great

>intermittent fasting
Never ever take this advice. More meals, smaller portions.

You may want to go to Veeky Forums and ask for clean bluking advice but generally it's the same foods.

>More meals, smaller portions.

If you're a body builder, sure. But for anyone else who isnt Rich Piana or the Rock "have 6-8 small meals a day instead" is a meme.

Post absorptive cardio on an IF schedule is the most effective way to lose weight.

>better to just stay fat and make no progress than put effort into things

Replace breakfast with oatmeal and either greek yogurt or real food protein

normally i have:
breakfast- packet of oatmeal with a lean beef/turkey patty
lunch- 2 corn tortillas with chicken or turkey, schmere of refried beans and onions with a large side salad and cottage cheese for dressing
dinner- chicken and a whole bag of frozen veg
supper - half a tub of greek yogurt with baby carrots and maybe a pb+j

if you feel like your going to over eat at least over eat some healthy shit or go buy 1 single serving of some item you are craving. Also stop doing so much cardio that will make you hungry as fuck.

>What the fuck is this? Why are you eating this? It's just salt
How is unsalted air-popped popcorn "just salt"?

>unsalted
Where did he say unsalted?

Also, you do realize salt and sodium are the same thing, yes? You got that far in health class? "Air popped" means shit for salt content.

Martins air popped-Sodium 200mg
Delight Sea Salt Air Popped Popcorn-Sodium 115mg
Cheddar Popcorn Air popped-Sodium 230mg

Like i said, useless little salt and fat pillows.

calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-popcorn-air-popped-popcorn_f-ZmlkPTYxNzI5.html
>1mg sodium in plain air-popped popcorn
Why would you assume that he's covering his popcorn in salt if he's trying to lose weight? Why would you assume that he's using shitty flavored popcorn when normal popcorn is more readily available?

You lack fiber in your diet. Stop with the protein and liquid meals, stop with the nutrient-dense foods like popcorn.
Try eating a huge portion of lentils, and what the fuck is a muffin?

What the fuck is a schmere?

Not that user but its been my.experience that salt doesn't stick to air popped popcorn

This. Not only does more fiber fill you up without adding absorbable calories, but it feeds your gut biome which aids your metabolism
scientificamerican.com/article/fiber-famished-gut-microbes-linked-to-poor-health1/

Incorporate more (red & black) beans/lentils and brown rice into your meal plans.

I guess the Veeky Forums crowd told you to read their sticky?

Popcorn all by itself is nasty. If you're going to eat something do it right or don't do it at all.

I'd say eat more and you won't be hungry. This ain't Veeky Forums

I'd try snacking on raw broccoli instead? Get some hot sauce instead of ranch? Maybe have a big bowl of raw cabbage for dinner? Coleslaw with some vinegar based dressing instead of mayo? Have fun chopping cabbage.

Throwing shitloads of garlic into things will make you less hungry for some reason, you might try making a pot of garlic and lentils in equal portions?

crash diets are for morons

change your lifestyle

A muffin is a cupcake with no frosting and stuff like oats and nuts and fruit to make it seem like it's not really a cupcake, see? It's a *healthy* cupcake.

Start smoking meth

KEK

Brown rice and beans are cheap and filling. I guess you could get some of those low-carb meat tortilla things and make burritos out of them.

That was close to how people lost weight in the 70s. Well, it was amphetmines and not meth.

It does work - as long as you stay on the meth. Soon as you go off it, you regain all that weight and then some.

I lost 40 lbs studying for the MCAT by doing nothing but popping adderall/vyvanse, drinking coffee non stop, and keeping my mind focused on the work. I looked like shit but it was clearly an improvement over my fat self, and in only a month I think? After that I started eating healthy and my appetite never really came back...

Damn I might've fucked something up

Adderall = Amphetamine.

I'm guessing you kept it off because you weren't trying to lose weight, you were trying to pass the exam.

Obviously, everyone knows ADHD meds are legal amphetamines.

I gained weight in college from 200 to 250 so losing the 40lbs was a good side effect I guess. I kept the weight off and my liver/kidney tests all came back better than before, so you could say I'm a bit healthier. But these days I don't crave the fatty and disgusting foods I'd gorge on back when, even when I get stoned. It sucks.

you can't not feel hungr at 1200kcal a day unless you're literally a 4 foot tall girl

>Protein shake
don't drink your calories, replace that shit with chicken/turkey or whatever

If you're going to go that route, don't bother with that, just stick your fingers down your throat and vomit it back up.

Might want to save up for some dental bills though, that stomach acid does a number on your teeth from what I hear...

Woa...

Really makes you think...

>1000 kcal deficit

Enjoy your massive muscular mass loss fatso.

>1g
seems reasonable. what was that retarded brosience ammount? 1oz per lb of bodyweight?

>>fresh fruit
this is great if you want the fiber. but if you want the nutrition? you want frozen fruit.

studies all say around .7g per lb of LEAN body mass is the max you need if you lift hard and are natty. People just all round it up to like 1g per lb of total body weight though.

>I'm so much of a child I can't eat fibre without crying about it

What

I can eat 2kg of vegetables in a sitting. I could easily eat 1000+kcals of lentils/oats and still be hungry. Half a scoop of whey in water keeps me full for hours

Chi-town "Deep Dish" "Pizza" only has about 20 calories per serving. Personally I love a good 'cago 'za when I'm on a diet, just make sure you only have a few slices! Recipe below

I have never really been a deep dish kind of girl. Thin crust is more my scene, obviously because I can justify more pieces and thus more toppings. Because let’s be honest, IT’S ALL ABOUT THE TOPPINGS, primarily the sauce.

However, after recently getting the urge to go deep dish on you guys, I did a quick survey to see if you’d prefer something savory or sweet. To my surprise, the response was overwhelmingly savory. As in SALT over SUGAR. Whoa. So, as promised, here is a savory deep dish recipe and a sweet one is soon to follow for all my sweet tooths out there. SIT TIGHT ladies and gents.

Most deep dish pies involve some super buttery, complicated crust that I honestly don’t have the time or energy or desire to make.

I like my crust to taste like crust, not a buttery dinner roll. So I kept this one simple and stuck with my favorite pizza crust that I make almost weekly and keep on hand for impromptu pizza nights. I suggest you do the same. Clearly, it’s the only option.

You get a round pan or cast iron, and rub it with olive oil.
Plop on the dough. Spread and form a 1-inch tall crust up the side.

Despite being butter free it tasted absolutely decadent thanks to the layers of cheese, sauce and roasted veggies. It was perfectly crisp on the outside and tender and slightly doughy on the inside. And the veggies married with the sauce melted in between the cheese was a dream.

Ingredients
1/2 can of tomatoes
8 cups of olive oil
1/2 garlic clove
90 slices of Kraft singles

I routinely stuff peppers with couscous and garlic/onions/condiments of choice but this is far superior.

Much obliged.

Buy a gameboy or something to engage to distract your hunger?

>I can eat 2kg of vegetables in a sitting.
How many tons dou you weight? You know the actual volume of 2kg of carrots or potatoes?

Hahaha are u professionally trained in memeing because that was great XD

Salad gets pretty boring, but yeah good call

I could probably add some rice. Bread is so calorie dense though so I try to avoid it

So like olive oil on salad?

I love coffee, but the majority of my work out is first thing in the morning and if I don't eat before hand it makes me feel funny

>500-600 a month
Please be trolling

Are you me?

So wait.. fill my stomach with chicken instead?

I can't not eat before working out but I'll try adjusting times. Will that help me not feel hungry?

The protein shake and muffin are for convenience in the am before work. Also I hate oatmeal but like the health benefits. Together they contain 3/4 a cup of fruit or vegetables. I make the muffins with stevia blend, yogurt, oats fruit, nuts, and egg whites, so it's essentially a bowl of oatmeal.

The salad is over 2cups of mixed greens. There's kale in the smoothie. The protein is either 6 oz of turkey slices or a Tyson crispy chicken strip with either bleu cheese, shredded swiss, walnuts or pecans, apples or pears, a whole shredded carrot, onion and dried fruit. Dressing is usually balsamic. Due to long work hours I really need this to sustain me during the day.

The popcorn is my only indulgence. Its satisfyingly crunchy. I pop it, spray it with a little butter flavored oil, and put a little salt. It's pretty much my only sodium source of the day.

The misc is just for if I have a banana and peanut butter sandwich with a glass of milk, or if I want another salad. Thanks for the pep talk though

Thanks for the tips. Tacos sound good. The shake and muffin is essentially yogurt and oatmeal with fruit since I make it all from scratch

Eat one more meal. It will make your weight loss slower, but that's good anyway. If you lose weight too fast there's a great risk you'll get it back in an instant. Go for 1200-1400 calories

There isn't enough fiber in oats and salads and fruit? Real question

B-but I like popcorn. Will try garlic and lentils. Coleslaw is another good one especially with summer here, so thanks

Huh?
Routine exercise and a diet revamp isn't a lifestyle change?

This xauses lots of stomach gas for me and that causes heart palpitations in me

I wake up in the middle of the night starving. Maybe it's just intense cravings, idk what the deal is. Tried eating more chicken today so we'll see.

Tl;dr

Not that desperate yet, but good to know

But, user, that's what I come here for

Cheers

Had to look this up but that is a neat tip, cheers

Celery. Drink a lot of water.

this post is fully retarded. He likely isnt trolling, just doesnt know about how to lose weight. protein shake with milk, not water, can make yoy feel full for hours. As for your unsalted popcorn, its not a bad choice, but i persoanlly would swap out for unsalted nuts of some sort, and keep the protein to a serving of fish, like salmon or maybe a can of tuna. Its hard to tell for misc, but i would have 1 serving of chicken breast (4oz is about 110 cal) with a side of brown rice and some broccoli or asparagus. Make sure you drink about a gallon of water throughout the day, and limit your liquid calories to the protein shake and maybe 100 kcal a day

I reccomend a high protein diet because it personally makes me feel full without being tired, while fat barely fills me up and a lot carbs make me feel lethargic. Also, a 1k kcal cut combined with excerise will make you feel hungry and tired the whole time. If you have the willpower to keep it up, go ahead, but being hungry will be normal.

>but I'm starving all the time

That's a sign you're not going to be able to keep it off. Your body is going nuts and grabbing all the calories it thinks it needs.

Eat one more reasonable meal and slow down to ~2lb/wk. Otherwise you will yo-yo back in six months plus more.

As a former fat fuck,melt me give you some advice: you're doing it wrong.

You need a lifestyle adjustment. Anything you do to lose weight has to be sustainable forever, or you're gonna gain the weight back. Eating 1200 calories per day and starving yourself and eating food you don't enjoy is a sure fire way to a relapse.

Eat what you want, just control your intake. If you feel like pizza, have pizza. Just don't eat the whole thing. Aim to lose weight gradually. Don't try to lose like 5+ pounds per week, it's fine if the weight comes off slow, as long as it is coming off and you're able to keep it off.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Veeky Forums here.

OP you're ruining your body. Losing three pounds is NOT good. You need to slow it down. I'm really really hoping your lifting and not just doing 100% cardio. If you are then please for the love of god stop now and reevaluate your fitness program. Cardio is still pretty important and beneficial but you NEED to incorporate lifting. The reason is simple, bodyfat ratio. It is entirely possible for you o be a healthy weight but still be unhealthy due to body fat levels that are too high (>23%). The danger of ending up with loose, shitty skin is also extremely high when you combine extreme calorie defecits (which is exactly what youre doing) with lots of cardio. Your skin needs time to reshape and contract and youre simply not giving it that so you end up with loose flappy skin. Lifting will also allow you to build (or rather hold on to muscle) so when you drop weight you have muscle filling out your skin instead of disproportionate amounts of fat. Skinnyfat is the devil and is not a good look for any man ever.

TL;DR Up your caloric intake to at least 1500 a day to reduce weightloss speed and incorporate lifting to encourage your body to hold on to lean muscle and burn fat to give yourself a leaner and stronger look.

correction: losing three pound per WEEK is not good.

Not op but
Is chili powder on popcorn bad
Usual I try to substitute anything I feel may be more fattning with some sort of spicy thing for more flavor salsa chili powder what ever I can really

>Veeky Forums here
So, you're 75# overweight but you call yourself "strongfat" (or as the rest of us say, "obese"), you have no discipline, you're afraid of vegetables, you pop rancid fish oil pills from alibaba, and you pretend to find obese women attractive?

I think it might be best for you to refrain from offering health advice.

loose skin is not caused by losing weight quickly, that's a shitty meme spread by people who have never lost a serious amount of weight. Whether or not your skin retracts has everything to do with your age/genetics and whether or not you have stretch marks which add scar tissue that wont ever shrink. Your skin will continue to tighten after you've lost the weight, the losing it slowly just means you are fatter for longer and don't have as relatively loose skin.

If you need to lose a small amount weight quickly what OP is doing is fine. It may not be 100% optimal for keeping muscle but it will burn fat faster which is the stated goal. Also op might be a grill so the muscle thing isn't even as big of a deal.

The memes are strong with this one. I love vegetables, think fat women are disgusting and my body fat is around 14% and my waist is about 32 inches and my biceps are 17 and my chest is about 40 inches. But don't worry keep reaching skeleton. You'll make it some day. I'm sure you're vegan diet will get you lots of gains with all the time in the gym I just know you allow yourself. Oh also fuck fish oil.

Anyway OP I strongly encourage you to increase your caloric intake and introduce some strength training into your routine. It'll change your life and be more realistic to maintain than starving yourself like you are currently. 1200 calories is just too little for any grown man to possibly maintain unless your doctor gives you specific instructions to do which generally only happens when you're morbidly obese.

Welp, i increase my caloric intake to 1500 and will add strength training tomorrow. I also ate a lot more animal protein (12oz chicken at dinner) and it kept me full even until now so, you guys were right

Here's my diet.
Breakfast:
40g oatmeal - 150kcal
5g whey - 10-20kcal

Lunch
60 g oatmeal. 225kcal
8g whey 15-25 kcal
Banana

Dinner :
Chicken and salad.

uh...the base line for an actual diet is 500~ calories a day to lose about a lb or so a week.

Good man. You'll be surprised at how full lean proteins and complex carbs will keep you. And by the sheer volume of it all too. So long as you're not adding a lot of extra fat you can eat A LOT of proteins and veggies and stay within your daily calories quite easily AND you stay full. It's really a great diet too follow and fairly easy to maintain. Also a little tip OP. Do not skip carbs. I know they get a bad rap but you absolutely need them for proper muscle repair and growth. Do not go overboard with them. Make sure your simple carbs are coming from things like fruit and brown rice and some breads. Keep at around 100g a carb a day on a cut maximum and you'll find that should give you plenty of energy to get through your work out and make it through the day and properly fuel your muscles in the short term. When I'm on a cut I like to stick around 1500 calories a day and eat at least .8 G protein per pound so my breakdown looks like this.

100g carbs = 450 calories
140g protein = 450 calories
50 g fat = 630 calories

Good luck OP. Consult Veeky Forums for beginner level strength training programs that can be very effective. Good luck bro. You got this.

Correction. 140g protein is about 630 calories and 50g fat is about 450 calories.

One more thing absolutely stick to the diet OP. Exercise is important and is necessary as well but the way you eat is even more so. If you eat like shit and still workout reliably you'll never see results and get discouraged. Unless your some Olympic tier athlete you can not out run a bad diet. Godspeed OP.

What are the main benefits of fruit? I know I don't get enough, so I'm wondering what I'm really missing out on.

The 2g per lb

1 is still probably a bit much

Morbidly obese recipient of atherosclerosis guide

Why do you people do this?

>Veeky Forums here.
Stop with this faggotry.

Fiber, complex carbs, vitamins/minerals, deliciousness.
Who the fuck doesn't eat fruit?

I'm not a fan of raw produce, and I don't cook enough with fruit to keep it on hand. I eat a ton of vegetables, but shit like apples and bananas are kind of rare.

I love how they think announcing that they're from Veeky Forums means they have any remote knowledge of fitness or nutrition

>you NEED to incorporate lifting
he could do bodyweight exercises

lose the popcorn and replace with meat. Also drink more water. I don't care how much you're drinking now, drink more.

Smoothies are a good way to reap the benefits of fruit while avoiding the whole 'eating raw fruit' thing.

I'll try that once I have enough money to buy a food processor

if he is only trying to lose weight for a specialevent like getting married or sometnig then meth really is the best way to go because he could easily go 3 days without eating and have tons of energy to boot.

after his wedding he can then change his diet and lifestyle , stop doing meth , and keep the weight off indefintiely

You don't need fruit. You can get everything it offers from vegetables.

I little bit of fatty meat with a lot of fiber rich vegetables keeps you full for a long time.

Just a bro tip.

Yeah and the. She (I'm guessing she's a she because of the 1200 cal/day) will have hallucinations and meth crashes to deal with

The point of the fucking picture is to show how you can fill up on vegetables while consuming less calories you idiot

Actually it is 0.79 g per lb of LEAN MASS.

tfw weigh 100 lbs
tfw can eat 3k cals and not gain any weight

>t. future cuck

1g protein/carbohydrates = 4kcal
1g fat = 9kcal

Celery, it is the most filling food with nearly no calories.

Yeah but it tastes like dirt by itself

Somebody speaks from experience

This is really helpful, thank you for taking the time to write it all out. Will calisthenics count as strength training if I incorporate weights and resistance bands? Or do like says? Veeky Forums as a board isn't exactly receptive

Chili powder and cumin on popcorn is pretty good imo

Noted. Isn't it possible to drink too much water though?

This is holding so true, cheers broseph

Good guess. I've seen 1200 recommended to male anons on fit too though

It's so boring though, user

Not doing this but, neat gif. Saved.

I feel like powering through this, learning how to adapt a diet to my schedule, and not seeking instant gratification -has- been a lifestyle adjustment. Once a week I have something awesome like pizza and beer and allow an extra 500cal. Today I had ice cream with the family and a few fries from my girlfriends lunch. It's taught me willpower. Especially now that I'm not starving out of my mind anymore. Pretty confident I'll be able to maintain

It's only 40lbs. I had the same concerns as you but my doctor said I'd be fine

Nuts are super calorie dense and don't give me a lot of energy. High protein is seemingly the way to go though

1200 is fine for a guy, fit is super autistic about it because they mistake someone trying to get to a healthy bf% with someone trying to maintain their gains while cutting 15 lbs of fat.

Maybe you should, you know, rinse it first.

As far as the celery, if you make a stew or something that just has mixed veggies, celery is a good filler. It has a good amount of fiber and will fill you up and has a very low calorie count.

Tfw I did this but with modaf and now I sometimes forget to eat for a day and don't notice until my tummy starts growling

Get more protein and fats in your diet, they give you that feeling of satiety you want