London Food Suggestions

Alright cu/ck/s!

Travelling to stinky but fascinating London today for the weekend. I need your best food suggestions, anything from restaurants to food stalls and pop-up places!

Already have Manze's and Rules on the list. What else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dEH4ahCCrJo
boroughmarket.org.uk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't they sell a lot of fried chicken in London? What is it with Brits and fried chicken?

it's mostly blacks who eat it.

Huge Muslim population. Fried chicken is a cheap halal fast food.

Added to the list.

Any good fish/seafood places? Not looking for just Britbong food, I'd be happy to go for Asian, or Continental cuisine if it's actually good.

Go to Soho! My 2 favorite spots are Bone Daddies ramen (try the tonkotsu) and honest burger. Some of the best, if not the best, ramen and burgers ive ever had.

>Honest Burger

Fucking this. Best burger I've had in London hands down

i was there last night

prepare to be approached by beggars

I went to the Bone Daddies in Whole Foods last year with my gf and somehow walked out with a bill over £50.

you went to a restaurant in london and spent over 50 quid? shocking!

I found the international food in food stalls at various markets were really nice and rather cheap (for London anyway). The sit down restaurants were more hit and miss, and I got the impression the real good places were somewhat hidden away from city central.

>recommending chains

What

When i went i think i spent about £13 for a bowl of ramen and a bottle of good beer. Not that bad but its all the extras that make it expensive

yeah there's god tier food at some of our markets, i fucking love this falafel stall on the chatsworth road

There are nice artisan cheese shops in this magical back street place. I went to visit last month but yet again my intensely negative, miserable persona and outlook instantly drained the walls of their colour, the cheese turned sour and the locals had to loudly bang pots and pans to scare me away.

When i went they were the only ones in existance i think, i had no idea they were chains. Oh well. I've only ever been to two other restaurants and i didn't think op would be interested because they were very very expensive.

Why are you asking us? Pick up the Good Food Guide

Seriously, London has some of the best restaurants in the world. If you are paying a lot for it, you know it will probably be pretty good. But the less expensive places? Really, really hit and miss. Unless you have a good guidebook or years of local knowledge you will feel a bit lost

why is london so helplessly overrun with niggers and shitskins

depressing desu

> If you are paying a lot for it, you know it will probably be pretty good. But the less expensive places? Really, really hit and miss.

unimpressed

i love it when non londoners say stuff like this. fuck off you cunt.

Reminder that white is recessive
Reminder that we'll wipe you out like the mastodon
Good night, whitey, and absolutely nothing of any value was lost :D

This. London's always been a melting pot and that's how we like it. Just stay in your inconsequential little village and shut up.

is this a throwback to another london food rec thread from a couple of months ago where someone suggested popping into a supermarket for a sandwich?

I think there are people who genuinely like that place

Non-brit here, I rather liked greggs pies when I was there. It's probably a pleb option but whatever.

i fucking love pret personally

i remember taking that guy to task, lol

Muslims are only 12% of London, everyone likes fried chicken here

I was just about to recommend these two places! Especially Bone Daddies, the tonkotsu is delicious, and the fried chicken is delicious

I'm right though.

>London's always been a melting pot and that's how we like it
absolutely disgusting

it's a stupid thing to say. there are tons of shit expensive restaurants.

get off /pol/ you utter bellends

>averageamericanmen.jpg

london ewwwww

if you want some French fries, just ask for some "chips."

if you want some potato chips, ask for some "crisps," and best said with a lisp

if you order biscuits and gravy, plan on getting this

For a ramen place? Yes.

Benugo is a better chain for this sort of thing

No need, I'm not American.
Why would you assume this?

Kek why are brits so kooky?

Londoner here.

There's too many foreign/brown people. Getting on a bus and being the only englishman is just demoralizing desu. Also the mayor is a paki terrorist.

Here are a few places to try, OP:

1. Angus Steakhouse
2. Garfunkels
3. Spaghetti House

If you plan on travelling outside of London, make sure you try some traditional favourites at Little Chef.

Who the fuck goes to expensive restaurants that haven't been unanimously well-reviewed?

We don't call bechamel sauce '''gravy''' in Britain

This is what you'd get if you asked for biscuits and gravy

me

t. not a sheep

These are all shitty chain restaurants, don't listen to this troll OP

Is it true that you gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket?

not sure but I worked with a guy from Great England and after a night of drinking he kept talking about getting a "little bit of crumpet' and figuring he was hungry and heading toward to an IHOP, he drives us to a strip place that doesn't even serve food! After a few beers and lap dances I asked him about being hungry and then he just kept saying, "feck me mite, I've got stikes at me flat, Never too pissed to cook up up some stikes and chippers!" Needless to say I took a cab home.

Regarding cricket, I can only fucking imagine how that would end up.

>Great England

I'm surprised there are no Scottish restaurants called McDonalds

Cricket is simple. youtube.com/watch?v=dEH4ahCCrJo

you're both moving the goalposts and showing you have no independence of mind, good job.

Vivat Bacchus is pretty good, and they have a walk-in cheese room if you're into that.

Sausage and bean melt > chicken bake > steak bake > cheese and onion pasty

go to Santa Maria del Sur in Battersea, it's an argentinian steakhouse and the meat is imported from argentina. also make sure to tip the tall waiter

> Asian
Cheap? Camden market. Walk through the markets to the bit with the food stalls.
Good? Chinatown, Brick Lane for indian.

> Continental
If you want 'continental cuisine', France is a few hours away by train.

> American style
There's a place across from Forbidden Planet in Covent Garden.

> Seafood
Not in London, bruv.

> Melting pot
You mean 'the place where we take money off foreigners', right?

Holy shit that's funny

You mean 'northerner here ', porbly living in London for a few months for a shitty office job after going to 'uni'.
No Londoner says 'paki', no Londoner is intimidated by other races.

>No Londoner says 'paki', no Londoner is intimidated by other races.

no true londoner you mean

i'm not 'intimated' i just wish maybe there wasn't quite SO FUCKING MANY of them maybe

Get an authentic London toast sandwich, the absolute pinnacle of British haute cuisine.

why

Let me guess: you're a shitskin or just baiting for replies

because it's obviously good if england stays heavily majority white, brown people countries suck. london itself is a lost cause now of course

no i'm very white, just want a cogent reason

i don't think those brown people countries suck just cause the people there are brown.

They don't suck because of the skin color you stupid fucking faggot. They suck because their cultures are backwards and awful. Sandniggers don't respect women, they don't respect gays, and they don't respect the rights of anyone who disagrees with their dirty desert religion. If those people are so amazing, why did they turn their countries to shit and leave to find a new place to ruin?

American here. Is Nandos a meme restaurant or is it actually good? We have some here, but I'm not traveling to Virginia/Maryland for what I'm assuming is British KFC.

every muslim country sucks and their shitty religion has a lot to do with that

>Sandniggers don't respect women, they don't respect gays,
LIBERAL HERE

DELETE THIS

The "having a cheeky Nando's" is a meme but it's ok. It's not anything to write home about but if you want a reasonable chicken meal it's fine

If you fancy a traditional Sunday roast dinner in lovely surroundings, try The Flask in Hampstead. Good beers too. Best to book ahead though.

saw this before
it is funny

Half an hour before closing, itsu restaurants sell all sushi and salads at half price.
As someone who's only reason for not living on sushi is because he is poor, it is a godsend.

>mfw that horrid northern bigot got BTFO in this thread

>best pizza
natura in hackney wick, 100% italian stuff

>best pho
salvation in noodles in dalston

>best fried chicken
wing in shoreditch

also, senzala in brixton for crepes

Leave Farringdon Station. Head up Cowcross St. toward Smithfield's Market.

Immediate on the corner near the betting shop is The Castle. Great pub. Good spot to hit in the evening after work.

Look on your left for a Starbuck's. Underneath the arch between it and a hair salon you will see an underpass, on the right-hand side of which is a door to the apartments above. Continue forward to the Sports Bar and Grill Farringdon--chainey place but good for a watch on the TV.

(Look up and wave to me while you're there).

Continuing up toward the Market, note on your left Atillio. Great family-run Italian place. Of all the food in the Clerkenwell area, I'd recommend that.

Nice try tall waiter

Indian food is the quintessential UK dish :^)

which one?

Flat Iron does a pretty good steak for a reasonable price.

>"feck me mite, I've got stikes at me flat, Never too pissed to cook up up some stikes and chippers!"

The sad thing is that autists here are going to believe you.

Go to Borough Market on Friday or Saturday. Just do, don't question.

boroughmarket.org.uk/

Fuck Camden Market. That place is a shitty, touristy hole filled with useless trash.

Brick Lane is basically shit now that Sweet & Spicy is closed. That was the only place on the Lane worth going to.

Made in Brazil in Camden is pretty good if you like that sort of food. There's also a nice little Korean restaurant just by British Museum that serves a mean kimchi stew.

>the meat is imported from argentina. also make sure to tip the tall waiter

Will he invade the Falklands if we don't?

Yep, but make sure you go to the one in the picture, not the yellow one a few doors down.

'Fish!' in Borough Market isn't a bad restaurant. But, the best food in that market is the takeaway chorizo roll from Brindisa. Chorizo straight off the grill, sweet pepper, and rocket, in a bun with olive oil. Can't recommend it enough.

Don't go to Brick Lane for an Indian - it's mainly shit sold to tourists, and you'll get annoying waiters trying to pull you into their restaurant. You're much better off booking ahead and going to Tayyabs a few minutes away in Whitechapel.

The Hawksmoor steak houses are pretty damn good. Their bone marrow gravy is top notch. Kinda pricey tho, but YPFWYG

Can't go wrong with a late night sams/ chicken cottage 2 for £2

>Fuck Camden Market. That place is a shitty, touristy hole filled with useless trash.

Found the tourist. It's great if you know where and how to find things, aren't so beta you can't haggle, and look like you belong there.

anyone know a good UK food gift that could last long?will be staying for a week there, planning to buy them for family here

I never understood this, the other one is awesome

Jars of Branston Pickle.