Lamb leg steak

so i just picked up some lamb "leg steak". can i just cook it like a beef steak? i like medium rare, can i safely eat it that way? just thought i would try something different tonight, i usually buy ribeyes or ny strip.

please tell me that's not a shank section with the bone removed

sure if you would like a dryass tough hunk of shit meat.

I've never had it as a steak, but I have eaten roast leg of lamb medium rare lots of times. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. It should be pretty good cooked just like a beef steak. Perhaps even better, because the outside of a roasted leg of lamb is overcooked by the time the center is medium rare.

so i should cook it well done?

ok cool, i'm gonna do medium rare - coat it with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, and herbs then pan fry for a few minutes a side. OH YEA

no you idiot, the only correct way to cook lamb is stewed or roasted and seeing as you have a "steak" you can't exactly roast it correctly there is only one fucking option. GOD, is everyone that posts on the board a gigantic shit show?

stop being so stupid, that will be terrible.

>the only correct way to cook lamb is stewed or roasted
nigga u dum
>is everyone that posts on the board a gigantic shit show?
apparently

I'm not a huge fan of lamb steak, I find it tastes 'dingy' or something.

OP, if it's really leg, then it will be tough if you cook it like a steak.

Yes, medium rare or less is the only way to eat lamb

This is pretty much the same as a Round steak from a cow.

You could SHAVE it after cooking and it would be alright (for a sammich), but otherwise it's going to be tough as shit if you use a short cooking period.

If you cook it past medium-rare I will murder you in your sleep.

>tough as shit if you use a short cooking period

wtf is wrong with merican meat sold as lamb?

GMO probably, their rent seeker food conglomerate decided that normal lamb wasn't good enough so they hoodwinked the FDA into mandating the use of terminator lamb, which is like normal lamb but which is engineered to release a horrible tasting enzyme if you don't feed it special licensed lamb feed sold only by the same company. If you disagree with us you're an anti vaxxer, they're are starving children the world needs this

>should I cook lamb like beef? Lol

How do you cook lamb chops? Similar to that. It needs to be slow cooked in its own juices. Small pan.

As for medium rare, the juices are gonna fall out anyway, it's not the same texture as beef.

I mean, you could try searing it, but idk how that would pan out. ;p

>he's never eaten shoulder cooked med rare with a good gravy on it

but keep trollin

What hemisphere do you live?

I'm American and I have cooked lamb many times. I've never had that problem.

>I mean, you could try searing it, but idk how that would pan out. ;p

It works great. Treat it just like a beef steak: season it, sear it, and cook it to your desired doneness.

You don't know shit about lamb chops

> ;p

KYS