Good grilled cheese recipes?

good grilled cheese recipes?

white bread
american cheese
white bread

grill with butter on both sides until bread is a bit past golden brown and the cheese is melted.

Lurking

This isn't how you do a grilled cheese thread.
There are no recipes, just preferences for types of cheese, bread, or auxiliary seasoning.

You're supposed to ask questions like that, "What's your favorite cheese for a grille cheese?" or "What extra do you like to put on your grilled cheese?"

Me? Caramelized onions. Do them first then grill the cheese in the left over onion grease.

I personally enjoy a fried egg over the Grilled cheese, and when ready to eat, cutting the sandwich and and the egg, allowing the yoke to seep through

>yolk

Home made bread, english mustard, cheddar and a sprinkle of mixed herbs or oregano. Butter both sides of the pieces of bread and fry in a pan until golden

Lavash bread or pita bread or matnakash
Halloumi cheese or Armenian cheese (mozzarella can substitute)
Scallions or whatever herb you want
Tomato
Grill the lavash gently and let the cheese melt, add the other ingredients

Goes well with watermelon.

A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire subreddit consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Totally different. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own subreddit entitled "melts" because that is not a fucking grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and posted this for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over Veeky Forums and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this thread this morning I finally snapped.

You god damn heretics. Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.

Nice blog post

>This entire subreddit
you have to go back

Naming conventions are loose. Chill out, brother.

Recipe from where I work:
Thin white sour dough butter both sides
Put on griddle
Once one side is toasted add 2 slice provolone 1 Swiss and 1 white cheddar
Cover and lest steam till cheese is melted
Eat it

Wow! I'm definitely following your blog.

This is right

a grilled cheese is entirely descriptive and a simple thing. It's bread and cheese with maybe something like oil or butter to cook it on
if you add anything, ANYTHING else to it, it becomes a _______ sandwich with cheese. it's not a grilled cheese. it's a grilled apple sandwich with cheese. it's anything but a grilled cheese.

>why
because sometimes things have definitions and rules and that's a good thing. The word "literally" has been ruined now so it doesn't mean "literally" anymore, and that's wrong and bad.

Are you the woman who finds a recipe on a blog, substitutes every single ingredient for something else, and then says it didn't turn out as good as the recipe looked?

Whatever bread you have on hand
Stone ground mustard on both slices
Two slices of smoked cheddar
Two slices of tomato between the cheese slices
Butter and grill on low heat to melt the cheese and get that tomato warned up.

Does mustard and mixed herbs really make it a melt and not a grilled cheese? A mustard melt? Sounds kinda odd

Of course it does. You're dealing with an autist who claims if you make even one tiny deviation from his specific recipe then the name must change.

Put two slices of bread and velveeta in a ziplock and sous vide at 80F for about a week.

It's still a grilled cheese as long as most of the filling is cheese. It's not like anyone is making a hamburger and calling it grilled cheese with a beef patty.

Cheese with mustard and herbs is still grilled cheese.

"You're dealing with an autist" hahahahah thats true with most conversations on this board. Genuinely laughed out loud even though i dont think it was your intention to be funny

Maybe you could fry some cheese into a crisp and add it to the sandwich to give it extra texture/flavor?

Stop over-complicating a simple recipe. It should include 2 things.

1. Grill
2. Cheese

>Ingredients
Normal people don't eat grills, user

Grilled rye bread is just about the best grilled bread, so I'd go with that and use bacon grease in lieu of butter.

>2016
>not eating grills
It's like Veeky Forums doesn't eat good food

Never actually done that before but it sounds amazing. Thanks for the idea user, I'll try that tomorrow

>Italian herb bread
>weed butter
>kraft spongebob macaroni
>pulled bbq pork or chicken
>kettle cooked chips
>sriracha and bourbon glaze

you're goddamn welcome

My pleasure. I usually just use whatever cheese I have on hand but there's a quadruple sharp white cheddar out of Ithaca NY that's my favorite, so I'd go with something along those lines if you can.

light or dark

dark gets dry easily

Light or marble, preferably homemade or from a Jewish bakery. They know them some rye.

Yeah I'll keep an eye out for something similar, thanks again bro :)

The fuck? Isnt that just a sandwich

I'm a gril btw

I'm just saying that language is too flexible to write rants about. A grilled cheese with added tuna means something completely different than a tuna melt, and you know it. When you read those two names, you picture different things in your head, correct?

kek

you grill it and the cheese then melts

That would explain why you don't eat grills

>2 slices of rye bread
>stack the following between them
>sliced avocado
>slice tomatoes (preferably the ugly shaped ones because they're grown for flavor as opposed to shitty roma tomatos)
>havarti
>habanero jack

>use real butter on both sides
>grill until desired crispness (don't burn that shit faggot)

If you're like me and you like it spicy, you might take some hot peppers and onions to the mandolin slicer and give them a quick light sear in the pan and put them on as well.

If you don't like my sandwich, it's because you're a huge faggot.

I usually eat it with tomato or chicken noodle soup, but any kind of soup or stew will be just fine.

this guy prolly uses "american" cheese which isnt really even cheese

Reddit copypasta? Interesting

i love that pasta

better than most other "real" cheese out there

DUDE
You go ALL OUT with your grilled cheese don't you? And don't fucking pay any attention to the avocado haters, you hear? Do not think on them for one second. You are a beautiful person.

Mayo, extra sharp cheddar, sour dough.

grill and salt the bread on both siides, everything else is up to you

Sourdough
Sharp cheddar
Pepperjack
Light spread of Dijon Mustard
Sourdough.

you know that the reason American cheese is called a cheese product is cause it is a blended cheese and its illegal to call blended cheese cheese

its not made any weird plastic stuff

>20 slices white bread
>52015 tablespoons butter, divided
>01 slice GLORIOUS ASS cheese

1. Preheat butter over divided heat.
2. Generously butter bread buttered side down of sandwich.
3. Place heatd buttered side down onto bottom of skillet and add 2 slices of white kids.
4. Butter a second slice of butter on one side and place brown buttered side up on top of PRINCESS LUNA'S GLORIOUS GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
5. Grill until lightly browned ɹǝʌo dıןɟ puɐ continue grilling AN ADULT TO HELP YOU create 520 tablespoons of cheese.
6. Once sandwich has heated, use a star-shaped cookie to create a star-shaped buttwich.
7. Repeat RepRepeat RepeatRepeatRepeatRepeat cheese.

A place near me served one like this:

focaccia
aioli or however you spell that garlic sauce stuff
spinach
tomatoes
provolone and mozzarella

All put into a sandwich press so it melts and makes those cute grill marks. 10/10 sandwich.

>American cheese