/Beer General/

What are you drinking?
Beer Reviews
What are you thinking of picking up next?

just had some james squires pale ale was pretty meh i usually drink APA's or IPA's although i had some sierra neveda pale ale and it was delicious

Why aren't you drinking mainland beer faggot

Jokes, If I was going to drink JS I'd choose amber ale

any good craft beers in australia?

I'm not really a fan on drinking craft beer that often.

White Rabbit dark ale is pretty good. Some of the Mountain Goat beers are ok. I prefer dark or red ales. Other than that I'm drinking shitty CUB.

There's a lot of really (IMHO) shit craft beers in Australia. A lot of amateurs started brewing and they don't really have a handle on balancing out the flavours.

Kinda like wine: heaps of idiots here making pinot noir that tastes like ribena

i think the craft beer industry in australia is just beginning hopefully in 4-5 years they start making quality beers

Their red ale and porter are pretty amazing. I had a Colonial Brewing Co. Small Ale tonight and it was pretty good, more up your alley than squires. I highly recommend Jamieson Brown Ale & Jamieson Mountain Ale.

Tks for the recs user. I will probably be out that way in the next few months and will make a detour.

How many beer threads does this board require? Oh well

First day off from new job, got a nice spread for relaxation. Had a gose from Sori Brewing (Havana gose) , I really like some extra flavor in my gose, like sour raspberries or lime like in this one, really hits the spot.

Barbatus Rubidus from Biermanufaktur, utilizing some kind of new hop for the first time in a beer, Vienna lager with a slightly reddish color and some hoppiness, pretty good.

Dolden Sud from Riedenburger Brauhaus, pretty standard IPA, ok.

Pic related is most recently drunk, was better than a normal Weizenbock, but yet again Schneider Weisse disappoints with their pricier brews.

Drinkable af

Too sweet, but still tasty.

6/10

I tried Dragon's Milk the other day, it was quite good.

Probably not the best bang for your buck, but it was definitely a good drink.

Got this one as an extra in a trade yesterday. Bottled 5-19. Insanely delicious stuff, Texas know's whatsup.

Not impressed. Avery should keep to their stouts!

I love beer and whiskey, but god damn I cannot justify this much money on fucking flavorful liquid.

I spent $200 on beer and bourbon in the last 6 months, and I have a drink like 3 times a week.

Every rational part of my soul says I gotta quit drinking anything that isn't water.

Water does not give any buzz though?

Quite nice coffee stout, relatively low abv as well!

JUST

Tried my latest homebrew. New England style IPA, unfiltered dryhopped to hell and back and shitloads of oats. Still no where near as turbid as the Treehouse stuff!

>YES

have you ever tried schlafy coffee stout?

It was very nice still for an ipa yes, but i want fuller mouthfeel yet!

No, should i look for it?

Pretty turbid though.

I get beers from Tired Hands regularly and theirs often are this same level of opaqueness/turbidity. I think even the professional brewers making this style have some variation between batches. Later tonight I'll post a picture of one I expect to be much more turbid.

you ought to, its good and cheap too. It comes out from StL, so it might be a bit hard to find if you dont live anywhere near there.

I often see actual sediment in those style of beers suspended in the beer though. Mine always seem to come clear of that. Might be the keg system i use though i guess.

I dont but i will try remember the beer as one of the hundreds of others that i should get if i happen to come across!

kek, sounds good

Also finally tried this tonight. Classic ipa i guess. Nuthing to fancy!

Anybody ever use Drizly? I have a broken foot and I'm thinking of using it to get some booze.

Poured an sample from the second keg of the stuff and this one did have some particles in it!

Here is a picture of Alien Baphomet. It's one of the more opaque IPA's I've had. Brewed with couscous and spiced with saffron. It's tasty but definitely a "strange IPA", like the can says.

I love the looks of it. The hazyness is tangiable!

Yuengling Porter

's okay I guess.

my dilemma as well

So what's the solution?

there's no point to a buzz though

well i ended up using it. it was quick and the fees werent bad, i recommend it

I love this beer. It's a cross between a gose and an IPA and it's really well suited to a hot day like today. If only it were available in 6-packs I'd drink it all the time.

The more beer I try, the more I gravitate towards low abv stuff. Drinking pic related. Just a good affordable pale ale. Tastes like going fishing. Also this is the old label because I like it better than their new one.

Just opened up one of these

Euro's, I am going to be going to Denmark next month. What good beer should I look for? I am only aware of Mikkeller so far

That seems to be a trend. I'm young and still enjoying real thick stouts but now that it's getting to be summer it'll be hard to drink them. The bourbon barrel aged stouts in the basement look really unappealing right now while I'm sweating.

It's pretty rad having this as an option at damn near every liquor store near me. There dorothys lager is good too, but too expensive for what it is.
Yeah I really liked the heavy stouts and DIPAs and stuff for a long while. Now I just always want something light and easy to drink. Even the past couple winters it's been that way.

Toppling Goliath is just amazing. I am seriously considering making the drive to Iowa from Milwaukee if they have some cool brewery only release this summer. My dream is they serendipitously have it on the same day as a New Glarus R&D release and I can do two birds with one stone

If you're willing to make a drive, come check out Schells brewery in MN. They put out solid stuff and some great sours, but their brewery itself is old as fuck and seriously beautiful. Definitely worth a visit. I just went down there for the first time last year for oktoberfest and it ruled.

>no point
Yes there is. It feels good.

anyone have more information on New Glarus's R&D releases this summer?
I heard they were doing a Gueuze for their first release but I haven't seen anything remotely official

Been trying a lot of Belgians lately, but I haven't given much respect to my Bavarian brothers. About to have a Celebrator Doppelbock and finish it off with a hefty Aventinus Eisbock.

Drinking Ballast Point's Watermelon Dorado right now. It's ok.

Heard that one was kind of funky. Really think Ballast Point is going overboard with the fruit beers. Grapefruit delicious, pineapple ok, but watermelon? Dudes are throwing in whatever they can find in their refrigerator at this point.

It's nothing spectacular but on a hot day it goes down real smooth

Cheapest I could get.

alcohol is a solution

What did you think of that Doppelbock? I've always enjoyed it.

Just look at the winners and people who got gold in the International Australian Beer Awards. I got lucky with a pretty good brewery down the road from my house.

If I get this job, I'm splurging on heineken
god damn i love that beer

Red Hook here in Yakima Washington, Occasionally try some of the micro brews from the pnw. Recommend any brews? I like some IPAs, Stouts and shandys.

What I tried yesterday:

Grimbergen Blanche:

A decent sweet Witbier but it became a bit too sweet towards the end. The usual banana taste and later also distinct lemon. 3.25/5

Franziskaner kristallweisse:

Balanced and good. Not too sweet and not to non-sweet. The usual suspect: the banana taste but it felt like it mixed with some light malty 'standard beer' profile that gave it a good balance. 3.5/5

Schneider-Weisse Mein Aventius:

Light banana taste and quite some alcohol taste in this weizenbock. Some subtle tofee or something like that. Light mouthfeel. Good, but I prefer their Aventius Eisbock. I know it's not the exact same style but whatever. 3.5/5

It was great. Good sweetness from the malts. Both beers were nice, but I think I preferred the doppelbock overall.

Rebrew of this one is planned for next week, This batch will kick it before that. I like it alot!

>IPA

It's not worth the price but I always buy one every season. Pretty drinkable.

been sinking a lot of this lately, my uni faculty club has a fair bit in stock

mirin dem hazy ipas ameribros, I've been seeing these for the last two years but have never tasted a single one. Is there anything like Hill Farmstead, Tired Hands, Tree House etc. but with good distribution?

tried this, cheap, i'd give it a 3/5

Unfortunately I don't think there is. The brewers making it are all relatively small and the hazy IPA's seem even more affected by aging than normal IPA's and are best fresh.

Where do you live?

Am I the only one that doesn't like IPAs?

No.

Not a huge fan.
Anything dark is the way to go for me.
Who has tried 4 bean coffee beer? I just got about 16 of them for free.

What's it called? And where?

Yeah you're the only person who doesn't like them. Congratulations.

My mom doesn't like them either

Two days late, but Avery makes some insane not stouts.

Maharaja should be easy to find, and you have to grab The Beast if it's available in your area.

Yes, diskkraften du kan lita på!

I'm feeling polish tonight so I'm going for pic reated

>My mom doesn't like them either

what does your mom like?

Today's Catch!
To Ol's "Maria Black IPA" whatever that means, it's actually fucking good who knew
To Ol's Imperial IPA, lovely taste overall, better than most IPAs in their various forms, in my opinion.
Last but not least is the Trappist Rochefort 10, probably one of the top 3 Quads of western Europe.
I was gonna take a picture but my phones really fucked

Spotted Cow from Wisconsin is some Godly beer, give it a 5/5. You can only buy it in Wisconsin and its so good that people from neighboring states come here just to get it and smuggle it back over the border.

Always stick to colt .45 or coors. Sometimes craft beers but they're pretty expensive so not too often.

Yeah, you are totally not that guy that hates Wisconsin!

Also Sapporo is pretty nice.

Illinoisian here, can confirm

Spotted Cow is a great entry to good beer for middle aged people that only grew up with Miller Light and Bud Light. It actually outsells Bud Light in Wisconsin because of that which is pretty amazing as no other state has any craft beer that outsells Bud Light

gonna start hitting these in about a half an hour

My friend is in St. Louis right now and asked if I want him to bring any local beer back? Any suggestions?

I think ipa drinkers should be gassed

(You) my post if you're a Munich helles or white beer master race

Applications close after this thread

*(You)s*
Weizen best summer beer

It's okay. Moon Man is better. Fat squirrel is good too.

>homosexuals who don't like bitter drinks

I'm generally accepting of you guys, til you go around saying shit like this.

Moon man is really good.
Also their sour fruit beer is amazing. Crazy to think they have been making them since the 90s way before sour beer was much of a thing in America

czech beer is best

Tried moon man and it was to hoppy, I like the piss taste.

So, I am a novice homebrewer and want to design my first recipe. I know it will take a few attempts to really get it right, but I want to do a really "dank" IPA with that funky, old socks, loud cheesy flavor. I've had a few commercial examples of this kind of beer but am having trouble thinking of any with wide distribution. What hops do you recommend for this? Anyone have experience with this style?

maybe centennial/columbus?

I was thinking Columbus or Chinook, is Centennial really that dank?

I've never used Nelson or Galaxy before, but I have heard Nelson especially has some of those funky qualities. I am probably going to be making $50 of mediocre beer, but fortune favors the bold.

I'm definitely not an expert, but I never considered Nelson and Galaxy to be dank (though they are delicious)

Cedar Creek says they use Apollo, Bravo, and Eureka for their Dankosaurus which is extremely funky. Eureka is hard to find, I believe.

i thought that was way too 1-note and way too high ABV. 10% alcohol? what the fuck. it comes off as malt liquor with watermelon added, why not just sell it in corner stores for the low-income crowd to get fucked up on? Its gross.

My favorite widely available beer is easily Shiner Bock. You can find it just about anywhere, and it has good, rich flavor without being hoppy. Highly recommend

They're in my least 3 favorite styles although I do crave one on occasion. I just hate going to the store and seeing
25% IPA
25" blue moon rip offs
25% cider-y shit
Maybe 10% porter or stout (my favorite) and the rest maybe some decent random stuff.
Funnily enough just brewed an IPA for the first time. It's a black IPA, still in the primary fermenter.