Salmon

How does Veeky Forums cook/prepare its Salmon?

I don't know much about cooking so I usually bake it.

Depends on how it's cut.

My preferred method is a skin-on fillet. Pan fry for dat awesome crispy skin.

If it's a steak (like OP photo) then those are great grilled.

I usually get fillets from the store

I bake it as well.

I just melt down butter and dill in a roasting pan. Once liquidfied, add salmon skin up. Cook for a little while, then take out.

Pull skin off, salt and pepper both sides, then put uncooked side down in roasting pan.

Cook for a few more minutes until temp is right.

Pretty sure this is first recipe result on Google when searching for salmon. I've stuck with it because I live on marylands eastern shore which gives me the opportunity to buy day caught fish at the dock as opposed to cooking farmed salmon from the west coast

i always found steak cuts to be the dumbest way to eat salmon

>Pull skin off

Why? That's the best part.

i live in nebraska lol so it's not easy to get muich day-caught seafood. but the store i go says it's all caught atlantic salmon but idk.

Dip in soy sauce and eat

I usually fry in a skillet in cold butter and seasoning, then throw it in the oven for 20 minutes or so to make it so juicy.

Sounds overcooked. It only takes about 4 minutes to cook a salmon fillet in a pan.

steam it with vegetables, still nice and pink.

My problem with salmon is that it always comes out with white goop after it is done.

Stop overcooking it and that won't happen.

I love me some au-papilote. You can stuff the pack with the freshest of herbs, some lemon, tomato, olive oil...shit's amazing.

I sear then bake salmon steaks, comes out nicely about 123-5°F.

I like this with some lemon garlic and pepper

What a meal... Wut a life! Lol

W/ semen

Yeah, but bake for a full 20 min after the sear? That sounds like a REALLY long time.

Not that user, I just bake until internal temp goes to right level.

Pan seared with only black pepper and a little salt for seasoning. Finish with Lemons, honey, or pesto.

kind of want to stick my dick in that