The fuck happened to my roux

the fuck happened to my roux

you made pate a choux

Way too much flour. You should probably watch some videos and read a book or two.

You made it in a fucking pot you dingus. C'est terrible desu

Not enough flour. not all the fat has Been Absorbed yet

Too much butter, you made glue.

well which one is it

What proportions and ingredients did you use?

Looks like too much butter or even wrong flour. You did stir at all times right?

Looks like too much butter, which is why it separated. If there was too much flour, it would be like a thick bread dough.

How much of each did you use? You're supposed to use equal amounts by volume.

D) All the above

Looks like a thick bread dough to me.

It got thick like bread dough first, and then it separated. It certainly wasn't liquid.

I kinda just eyeballed it and added stuff as i went.

fuck off this is a troll post. A roux is basic as fuck.

Literally: equal parts flour to equal parts fat (butter), in weight.

100g of flour to 100g of butter. literally mix it in a pot over a fire and you can make a roux.

You got a wonky eye, nigga?

you think i purposefully sabotaged my dinner to make a thread on a chinese image board

Honestly it looks like you added too much flour at first, at too low a heat then added butter at too low a heat and let it simmer. Were you stirring?

I've only made a roux from grease drippings before and never from butter but it looks like there's too much fat and not enough flour.

Usually i have about 1/4 - 1/5 the amount of roux to gravy and thicken with milk.

Once again no idea what kind of roux you're making

it was thicker than mashed potatoes though, almost like dough. If I added more flour wouldn't that make it thicker?

Underrated post

I've seen dumber shit happen.

Too much roux!

Looks fine to me

Yup, this was your prob OP. I know because I did the exact fucking same thing two nights ago and could only "fix" it by going nuts whish a whisk and adding beer of all thigns....so it was no lounger a roux

Made me kek

I'll be honest I didn't actually know you could fail at making a roux. I always wing it and it's always perfectly fine.

I've got the same oven...village one?

Looks fine to me OP. It will make a delicious topping for your authentic 'go 'za

Would you kindly stop.

Best post in thread.

Fuck the haters this is a solid meme.

Would you kindly suck a dick faggot?

You activated the gluten.

did you decrease the temperature and then increase it to boiling?

It really isn't you annoying samefag, stop being autistic about pizza. I've never even been to Chicago, but it stopped being funny around when you decided to claim anything with more than an inch of thickness is a Chicago-style pizza. You're forcing it, idiot.

Its a delicious meme and i love it.

you think i purposefully burned my food to make a thread on a Polynesian video forum?

I think it's more like anything, literally anything, with bread cheese and tomatoes is a pizza to chicagoans

the tomato food fight in spain is 'za enough to meme about

Curdled from extra heat from that red hot large burner with a tiny kettle on it.

we need a step by step walkthrough of what you did.

by weight not volume